ForumsForum GamesThe children of yggdrasil (based off the hit destroy game)

97 18859
Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

in norse mythology, the yggdrasil is said to be the tree of life to the entire world. because of this, dark creatures have been trying to destroy it since the beginning of time, and only once has the tree been close to dying. this is the story of that one event, the one that almost brought the end of the world. you are a member of one of the villages that live close to the roots of this great tree, and it is your time to rise up to your destiny, and protect the tree from sure destruction.

Character Sheet:

Name:
Class: (warrior, mage, theif)
-----
Level:1
XP:0/10
HP:100/100
-----
Money:0
Inventory:none
Team members: (this is for when you join up with other players. this will happen later)

I will allow about 7 people to join. post your character sheet to join. later in the game I will add sub classes based on your skill set.

-Blade

• 97 Replies
sonicheroes95
sonicheroes95
13,701 posts
Peasant

Name: Talow Rosine
Class: Mage
-----
-----
Money:
Inventory:
none
Team members:
none
Abilities:
Force Attack I

"I wonder..." I attempt to use Force Attack I to knock away the sword, perferrably in a manor that means no one gets hurt by the flying weapon.

theEPICgameKING
theEPICgameKING
807 posts
Farmer

Name:Vekel, the Undying
Class: warrior
-----
-----

I step back and snap out my leg to kick the elder in the diaphram, aiming to knock the wind out of him. "Alright then! Bring it on...with the utmost respect of course!"

GeminiDelta
GeminiDelta
437 posts
Nomad

Name: Gemini Omega
-----
-----
Team members:

OH BABY HAMMER YAY.
Gemini equips the hammer and sets off towards knog-whatever, swinging it happily.

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

-----
-----
Money:
Inventory:
none
Team members:
none
Abilities:
Force Attack I

(success) the sword flies out of his hand, and embeds itself within the wall. the warrior appears unphased and continues charging at you like a berzerker.

-------------------------

-----
-----

(failure) you strike him, but he had seen it comming. he side-steped the kick just enough to prevent major damage, and then throws his own momentum into his fist. you can hear your jaw cracking a little, and he laughs. &quoterhaps I was a little too rough on ya boy! if you want I can call your nurse so she can kiss those owies goodbye!"
----------------------------------

Name: Kenji
Class: Warrior
-----
-----
Money: 0
Inventory:
Team members:

when you get up there, you see the elder outside doing his daily meditation. "kenji, come. it is time for me to tell you a secret." as you sit down, he begins, "you're not borne of this village. in fact, you were brought to us by your mother, who was bleeding heavily, but denied help from the healers. she told us to siphon the last piece of her life, and use it to make you stronger. we obeyed her wishes, and performed a ritual that would transfer her strength to you. because of this, you grew faster than the other children, and your strength and agility were unmatched by even the most elite of our soldiers. there was one thing, however, that we didn't do." he suddenly grabs your arm, and rips off your right sleeve. upon it was a black marking that resembled an eye with a fang on top of it. "this mark is a symbol of strength, and I believe that it is time to trigger it." he tosses you a sword, "strike at that training dummy," he points to the one one the training grounds, "as hard as you can."
----------------------------------

-----
-----
Team members:

you hear a whisper from the air saying, "your fire, show us your fire." it seems like the elder's spirits are rather persistient.

GeminiDelta
GeminiDelta
437 posts
Nomad

-----
-----
Team members:

"What fire? Shut up!!!" Gemini's getting pissed off by these spirits! Stupid annoying things...rage starts building up...RAAHHHHHHH!!! Gemini engulfs herself in furious flames(?) "...That fire?"

theEPICgameKING
theEPICgameKING
807 posts
Farmer

-----
-----
"THATS TOO FAR! I NEED NO NURSE!" I lunge forward and throw all my weight behind a punch directed at his belly, defending myself with my other arm, simultaneously stomping at his knee just in case he blocks the punch. Try dodging 2 attacks at once! "I AM NOT A CHILD ANYMORE!"

sonicheroes95
sonicheroes95
13,701 posts
Peasant

-----
-----
Money:
Inventory:
none
Team members:
none
Abilities:
Force Attack I

Use force attack on one of his legs to trip him up, then side step him tripping. "Why do you want a 15 year old boy anyway?"

SubZero007
SubZero007
883 posts
Peasant

Protecting the tree, huh? Interesting.
Name: Titus Swyft
Class: Thief
-----
-----
Team members:
I head to the elder's place. (I chose Thief because I wanted to evolve into a Ranger subclass.)

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

Doing this from my iPod, so I won't be able to put down the character sheets. You can either update them afterward, or you can let me update them tomorrow morning.

Gemeni: (not quite) you now hear them whisper again saying "give it direction".

Vekel: with all of your rage pushed into your attack, you see a bright flash come from your chest in the middle of the assault. Your assault became super human, and the elder landed on the ground with a dislocated knee, a cracked jaw, and two busted ribs. "It appears that rage is what triggers the mark," he says weakly. "I'm getting too old for this. (Cough)" he gets up and falls onto his bed. "Tell the villagers that I have been bested, and that I will be doing my business from my bed for the next month. After you tell them this, head to the town of yngsvark and find the weapons master shal toke. Take my sword, remember how you felt during that attack, because it will be the only way to trigger the mark until you have strengthened your will."

New Ability: destructive blow I (your powers augment your muscles, making your attacks deal 175% weapon damage)

Talow: "we are here following the orders of our benefactor, who claims to have need of you," the man said after he got up. "Our orders were to take you alive if possible, but I see that I and my partner have been beaten. If you allow us the ability to take our leave, then we will be ever grateful."

Titus: the elder of your village was outside waiting. He had a bow in his hand, and a smile on his face. "Hello Titus, glad to see you're in good spirits. I would like to give you these three things" he pulls out a short sword, a bow with a quiver, and a dagger. "I'm letting you take these things because I have just hired a guy to attack you, and he will be coming in 30 seconds. You will only have enough time to take one of these 3 of course before he gets within sight, so I'd pick fast."

Kenji: you do so, and you feel a force coming from out of your hand and into your blade. The next thing you know, the dummy was sliced in two, and the mark was glowing red. "The path of the warrior is a hard one," the elder said, be ready to fight at a moments notice.

New Ability: Slice I ( an angled attack that deals 150% weapon damage, and an additional 3 wound damage every turn for 4 turns.

-Blade

sonicheroes95
sonicheroes95
13,701 posts
Peasant

-----
-----
Money:
Inventory:
none
Team members:
none
Abilities:
Force Attack I

"Did your benefactor explain what he 'needed' me for?"

GeminiDelta
GeminiDelta
437 posts
Nomad

-----
-----
Team members:

RAAAHH. Gemini twirls her hammer, directing all that annoyance and frustration through it! FIRE SPEAR PLZ?

SubZero007
SubZero007
883 posts
Peasant

Name: Titus Swyft
Class: Thief
-----
-----
Team members:
Surprise registers on my face for an instant, then my face returns to it's naturally unreadable look. I grab the.bow and quiver with an instants thinking, for I have been providing all the food in my family from an early age by hunting and tracking with a bow, and the occasional theft when I came home empty-handed. (Which was rarely.) I test the strength of the bow and knock an arrow, preparing my heartbeat and steadying my breathing. Then I wait for him to come.

theEPICgameKING
theEPICgameKING
807 posts
Farmer

-----
-----
Team Members:
Abilities:
destructive blow I
I won't be forgetting that rage. I take the sword and examine it. "Thank you elder, i'l send the doctor/healer/whatever." I then proceed to boast my victory throughout town before heading out towards yngsvark. Willpower...hmm.

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

Talow: "he didn't say, but from what I have seen, it might relate to that mark on your hand. We made our dealings in the town of yngsvark. Perhaps you will find the man there." As he left, the elder handed you his staff and said, "take it. You will need at least some kind of weapon on the road there."

Gemeni: (close enough) a mark on your leg appears and glows orange. Next thing you know, a flaming ball appears in front of you, and then launches at high speeds. The spirits grow silent now.

New Ability: Fire Bolt

Titus: you see a man running at you from a distance. He dodges the first 2 arrows you fire at him, and continues charging. He was almost in striking distance, when suddenly, after deep concentration, something on your chest started to glow, and your next shot flew with the speed and power of a hawk. The arrow was so powerful that it knocked the man's head clean off. "It is time," the elder declared, "that you take these things and leave the village. In truth, I never hired him, but he was still coming after you nonetheless. Based on his markings, he is a member of one of the mercenary bands that wander near knugorum, a prominent port town. Perhaps if you search there, you will find the reason for this disturbance.

New Ability: Hawk Shot (Your will is focused into your arms, making your next bow attack an automatic critical)

Vekel: after allowing the women to swoon on you, it was time to go. The road to yngsvark had a reputation for being loaded with bandit ambush points. They won't be easy.

Alright. Since most of you now have your first ability, it is time to begin your adventures. Also, if anyone doesn't have their ability by Saturday, then I might have to replace them. This RPG's story will intersect with each other a lot, so I can't let it be slowed down by stragglers.

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

The weapons are part of inventory.

-Blade

Showing 16-30 of 97