ForumsWEPRnot believing means send to hell?

154 53974
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

let us say there could be places like heaven and hell...

..what would happen with people who can not believe after they die? what happens with people who never had the chance to believe anything after they died? what happens with people who forgot that there is a god (altzheimers) or people who are mentally handicapped or people in a coma when they die?

my point is that believe can not be the only "thing" that decides wether they get into heaven or hell (if these places even exist).

just a thought i had today.

• 154 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

I'm going to conclude something, to get this out of the way.

-Any god that claims to be all loving and condemns its creations to eternal torture simply because they did not believe in it during their life is anything but all loving. An all loving figure would be overjoyed to actually show themselves to the nonbeliever and would want them to be happy regardless of such a petty thing.

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

Or, of course, there is "Pet Heaven"

as funny as this was, this created a new question: does a plant heaven exist too? the same counts for hell, of course.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

does a plant heaven exist too?

Don't forget about insects, germs, and parasites.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Don't forget about insects, germs, and parasites.

It was a hot place full of fire and brimstone! The extremophiles called it heaven....
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

as funny as this was, this created a new question: does a plant heaven exist too? the same counts for hell, of course.

Well of course! Plants that do good as commanded by the Plant-God go to plant heaven, where water is ever-flowing to them, the soil is rich, and light is of no necessity.

Those that commit plant sin, however, go to plant hell...Where they are punished in a number of horrid ways: Being mowed every 3rd day, having caterpillars crawl over them and eat them, having bees hover over them and getting their plant hopes up that they will be pollinated, being a plant in America, etc
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

plant sin

I suppose that includes pollinating more than one other plant, self-pollination, and 'spilling seeds'.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

This seems just as good a place as any to post this.
God's God

stinkyjim
stinkyjim
470 posts
Shepherd

As others have pointed out, if you don't believe you go straight to hell. No excuses. In the bible (i'm too lazy to go searching) it describes that even babies that have been unbaptized and have died are sent to hell. Imagine hundreds of millions of babies in eternal anguish simply because they weren't baptized. That type of cruelty is one of the reasons I have never believed in god. If god were truly the almighty that christians make him out to be, he wouldn't send babies to hell for all eternity. He wouldn't kill the babies in the first place.

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

As others have pointed out, if you don't believe you go straight to hell. No excuses. In the bible (i'm too lazy to go searching) it describes that even babies that have been unbaptized and have died are sent to hell.

I don't know where you got that, but that isn't included anywhere in my religion. Can you point a source?
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

it describes that even babies that have been unbaptized and have died are sent to hell.

A baptism only applied to those who could comprehend their sins and acknowledge that they need Christ to absolve their sins, undergoing the 'spiritual rebirth' described in John 3:3-6. Babies don't yet have this capability. However, God does personally kill David's baby [2 Sam 13-19 in contradiction of Deuteronomy 24:16 and Ezekiel 18:20.
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

and what if babies get baptised, do they get then to even after they die?

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

and what if babies get baptised, do they get then to even after they die?

Exactly. Seems like the most humane thing to do is just baptize all the babies and then slaughter them all. That way they -for sure- go to heaven. Wouldn't that be the kindest thing to do?
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

but then the person who killed them would go to hell for murder...

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

but then the person who killed them would go to hell for murder...

So only have a select few people do it, and then the most people possible can go to heaven.

And hey, God forgives people who believe in him, right? They're doing a good thing, making sure everyone goes to him.

Or am I mistaken in that God wants everyone to be with him? Oh wait, why would he have created hell then...
Showing 136-150 of 154