Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

not believing means send to hell?

Posted Feb 20, '13 at 11:06pm

OperationNilo

OperationNilo

2,044 posts

Dang, I forgot this as well.

That just says to me that your religion is all about ignorance and blindly believing what you're told without any critical thought. Not a good basis to work from.

I respect your opinion. What you don't know is that I have indeed stopped for a while and thought a bit (and by a bit I mean a lot) about where I was going and what I was doing. Hell, I was an agnostic before. As you can see, I've changed my ways of thinking.

Posted Feb 20, '13 at 11:40pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,673 posts

Knight

What you don't know is that I have indeed stopped for a while and thought a bit (and by a bit I mean a lot) about where I was going and what I was doing. Hell, I was an agnostic before. As you can see, I've changed my ways of thinking.

Yet you believe based on no evidence. Since there is no evidence I don't see how you could have possibly used any sort of critical thinking on the matter and come to the conclusion of using faith as a metric.

Without evidence "proof" there is no difference between believing what your religion says and believing those emails saying some guy in Zimbabwe wants to give you his millions.

Posted Feb 20, '13 at 11:49pm

OperationNilo

OperationNilo

2,044 posts

Yet you believe based on no evidence. Since there is no evidence I don't see how you could have possibly used any sort of critical thinking on the matter and come to the conclusion of using faith as a metric.

Last time I checked, faith needed no evidence. At least I don't, because the only evidence is what good there is in people that makes you say 'wow'. That is proof enough for me.

Without evidence "proof" there is no difference between believing what your religion says and believing those emails saying some guy in Zimbabwe wants to give you his millions.

You mean that you want proof that God exists?

Posted Feb 20, '13 at 11:59pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,977 posts

Not necessarily (if you've got some, take it to the T&A thread), but at least evidence for your claims of His qualities (overall perfection, benevolence, justice, love, mercy, etc) and what He's done (creation [take that to T&A], free will, moral guidance, created heaven & hell, etc).

the only evidence is what good there is in people

Yet that ignores the bad there is in people which shouldn't be present.

Posted Feb 21, '13 at 12:08am

OperationNilo

OperationNilo

2,044 posts

Yet that ignores the bad there is in people which shouldn't be present.

I never said that. Think what you like and insult me how you may, my opinion is adamant.

Not necessarily (if you've got some, take it to the T&A thread), but at least evidence for your claims of His qualities (overall perfection, benevolence, justice, love, mercy, etc) and what He's done (creation [take that to T&A], free will, moral guidance, created heaven & hell, etc).

Just by giving you the free will to not believe in him, that is evidence enough.

Posted Feb 21, '13 at 12:09am

OperationNilo

OperationNilo

2,044 posts

I'm going to start work on the new Anthill RPG so what time I have for AG is going to be channeled into it. I'll not post in this thread for a while, but I'll be back.

Posted Feb 21, '13 at 12:24am

Bladerunner679

Bladerunner679

1,343 posts

I never said that. Think what you like and insult me how you may, my opinion is adamant.

You fool, all you are doing is making yourself look indoctrinated. By playing the hurt individual card, you've successfully made yourself look unintelligent. Your opinion may be adamant, but your actual logic is quite flawed.

-Blade

Posted Feb 21, '13 at 12:57am

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,977 posts

Just by giving you the free will to not believe in him

It really depends what you mean by 'free will'. I recommend you read Romans 9 which says God made some people to honor Him, and some to dishonor Him, to which I respond with McCoy's statement.

my opinion is adamant.

Keeping any views set in stone rarely works out (ex: the Church and geocentricism).

Posted Feb 21, '13 at 1:37am

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,673 posts

Knight

Last time I checked, faith needed no evidence.

That's the entire problem with faith, it's the belief without evidence. That is simply ignorance.

because the only evidence is what good there is in people that makes you say 'wow'. That is proof enough for me.

All that shows is that people are capable of doing altruistic things. It doesn't show the origin of why they do it and definitely doesn't indicate any supernatural intervention.

If the goal is to get me to believe this stuff than that is required.

my opinion is adamant.

So basically you're saying you're completely closed minded?

Posted Feb 21, '13 at 1:50am

Kasic

Kasic

5,572 posts

OperationNilo, I have three questions for you.

What do you believe love to be?

Why is faith a good thing?

How is God just to eternally punish people?

Reply to not believing means send to hell?

You must be logged in to post a reply!