Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

not believing means send to hell?

Posted Feb 21, '13 at 2:52am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,704 posts

Posted Feb 21, '13 at 3:09am

Kasic

Kasic

5,590 posts

I believe this (although satirical) video fits perfectly with the theme of how things have been going in this thread

I laughed at the end. "Those who scored 1 or higher will pray for you."

Guess I'm good then, since prayer solves everything.

Posted Feb 21, '13 at 5:15pm

OperationNilo

OperationNilo

2,045 posts

Debating in real life is so much easier than on the internet, hahaha, you have me as a witness. No hard feelings, right?

Posted Feb 21, '13 at 5:49pm

Bladerunner679

Bladerunner679

1,343 posts

Debating in real life is so much easier than on the internet, hahaha, you have me as a witness. No hard feelings, right?

we could care less about hard feelings, but my best advice for this matter is look before you leap. you jumped into this without any idea how skilled in this matter the people here are. you just spouted foolish claims without backing them at all, and you expect to get somewhere? some agnostic you once were.

-Blade

Posted Feb 21, '13 at 6:42pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,590 posts

Debating in real life is easier for those who believe in faith, because none of your claims are backed up. On the internet, we can call out specific passages easily and also ask you to provide proof.

Face to face is only what each brings with them. As we don't carry around a bible, 5000 sources on evolution, various statistics about religion and much more, it's easier for you to just say, "well, I'll believe x because I want to and you can't prove me wrong."

Posted Feb 21, '13 at 7:53pm

OperationNilo

OperationNilo

2,045 posts

some agnostic you once were

Thanks!

Posted Feb 23, '13 at 9:31am

xAyjAy

xAyjAy

1,683 posts

let us asume god exists. now let us asume that he/she/it is nice and kind. someone who was a good person but did not belive in god gets send to hell because of the lack of believe in god? that does not sound loving, kind and nice to me...

when god is so allmighty, then why not carring weither people belive in him/her/it or not? reminds me of a card from magic the gathering:

unicorns do not care if you believe in them any more than you care if they believe in you. heres the picture

what happens with the animals, plants and other living beings when they die? are they all send to hell just because they can not belive / they never believed?

I believe in a Heave and a Hell. We could sit here and debate to the end of time what the other is, looks like, or is made for. The debate cannot be won, because no on really knows.

i think you read the question/title of this thread wrong...my question was not IF there are places like heaven and hell, nor what they look like, my question was what happens when you are a good, but not believing person. will you then get send to hell just because of your lack of believe?

"oh, look, this person never did anything wrong to other people, he/she was allways nice and kind and helped others. you even rescued many lives by risking your own many times. you get send to heav...wait a minute, you never believed in me, your creator and god? go to hell!"

"now this other guy, who murdered thousands of people, including innocent children, gets send to he...wait, you are a strong believer and you did it to save these sinners, not to mention that you did it in my name (even i never said you are allowed to kill in my name), but hey, you belived in me, feel free to go through the gates to heaven!"

...yes, it is your believe and not what you did before you died what decides weither you go to heaven or hell... *beware, sarcasm*

Thing is, he made humans to be perfect.

then why are humans fighting/killing eachother when we are so perfect? why are some poeple racists when everyone is perfect? why are we different when we should be perfect? why are we weak, get ill and die when we are sooo perfect?

i asked my mother (she believes in god) not believing means send to hell (not exactly these words but the same meaning) and she said: when i do not believe in god then i can not get to hell because i do not believe in hell either. but since i (she meant me) got my baptism i get send to heaven nonetheless. dafuq?

no need to mention that i did not say anything to not start a heated discusion.

I believe this (although satirical) video fits perfectly with the theme of how things have been going in this thread

that was hilarious! just pray, prayers will solve everything. that made my day xD

Posted Feb 23, '13 at 11:44am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,704 posts

what happens with the animals, plants and other living beings when they die? are they all send to hell just because they can not belive / they never believed?

If I'm not mistaken..as popular belief goes..they do not have souls. So for animals...it is perfectly fine and acceptable that they will live their lives and then "move on" into a world of nothingness..but if one was to believe humans do the same..that is a no-no

Posted Feb 23, '13 at 11:46am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,704 posts

Posted Feb 23, '13 at 1:04pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,590 posts

I'm going to conclude something, to get this out of the way.

-Any god that claims to be all loving and condemns its creations to eternal torture simply because they did not believe in it during their life is anything but all loving. An all loving figure would be overjoyed to actually show themselves to the nonbeliever and would want them to be happy regardless of such a petty thing.

Reply to not believing means send to hell?

You must be logged in to post a reply!