Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

not believing means send to hell?

Posted Feb 8, '13 at 5:30am

zeus999

zeus999

34 posts

Really i think the idea of heaven and hell is very simple and if there is a god I think of god as more of a thing, encompaning the whole universe(dimension or whatever stuff we don't know) Made up of every living thing ( i also believe there is life on other planets maybe not intelligent, but life)
I think some religion at some point, had a good impact on the world, but now it's just keeping people ignorant.

Posted Feb 8, '13 at 4:47pm

Jacen96

Jacen96

3,175 posts

Really i think the idea of heaven and hell is very simple and if there is a god I think of god as more of a thing, encompaning the whole universe(dimension or whatever stuff we don't know) Made up of every living thing ( i also believe there is life on other planets maybe not intelligent, but life)
I think some religion at some point, had a good impact on the world, but now it's just keeping people ignorant.

so, ummmmm . . . you're a panthiest . . . and, ummm, you think there is unintelligent life elsewhere, and religion is good, yet bad.

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Feb 8, '13 at 8:50pm

gooeyglop1

gooeyglop1

346 posts

The term "not believing means send to hell" is inacurate as far as the baptist doctrine is concerned. (And I'm not saying this particular doctrine is perfect.) Think about it more this way: Everyone in their life has lied, or stolen or done something "bad." So in a way Hell is not a punishment for ignorance of Gods laws, but more so a punishment for breaking his laws. And even further, we, as christains, should be trying our best to let the ignorant know about the Gospel and how to not go to hell. Although if you deliberatly choose not to believe, then you would get sent to hell because that is not ignorance. I do think though that the young, and the mentally impared (so much so they cant think enough to understand Gods sving grace.) This is what I believe and what the baptist doctrine has to say about this. And if you have found any contradictions in my statements then please understand that I do not fully understand my God.

Posted Feb 8, '13 at 8:55pm

gooeyglop1

gooeyglop1

346 posts

I do think though that the young, and the mentally impared (so much so they cant think enough to understand Gods sving grace.) Are an exempt from hell.

(sorry for not completing that sentance)

Posted Feb 8, '13 at 9:31pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,746 posts

Think about it more this way: Everyone in their life has lied, or stolen or done something "bad."

And that warrants eternal torture.

Oh look, you picked up that 1 dollar bill and didn't try to find who owned it.

Posted Feb 8, '13 at 10:19pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

9,475 posts

I do think though that the young, and the mentally impared...Are an exempt from hell.

If life now is only preventing them from eternal bliss, would it not be a merciful thing to kill them or let them die?

Posted Feb 9, '13 at 6:53am

thebluerabbit

thebluerabbit

5,372 posts

The term "not believing means send to hell" is inacurate as far as the baptist doctrine is concerned.

Although if you deliberatly choose not to believe, then you would get sent to hell because that is not ignorance.

contradicting no? alongside with christianity the islam says the same thing. so any person goes to hell in at least one religion. how is it NOT ignorance? you dont give proof. you just tell us what to do and if we dont do it because it doesnt makes sense its our fault.

Posted Feb 9, '13 at 10:19am

xAyjAy

xAyjAy

4,906 posts

unfortunately you use logic which is something not many religions use.

i wonder how religion would be with logic...try to imagine it...

some believe that belief has nothing to do with where you are going and that it all depends on whether you are a good person or not.

sounds like karma. i like the idea behind karma, but you should be nice to others just because and not to get a reward.

If somebodies mind is so set into believing something so intensely, it's not my right to force him to believe my way of thinking.

it is sad that no religion follows these words...i mean, look at the jehovah's witnesses...

at heavens gate, where st. peter will judge your life. you will see heaven and instantly know and acknowledge all the fairy tales. and there will be no more reason to not believe it. then st. peter will let you pass.

what if heaven is a lie? we will know the truth when we die, and then we will see if there is nothing or a heaven and a hell. whoa, this inspired me to write a poem O.o

Really i think the idea of heaven and hell is very simple and if there is a god

if...if is good...

Posted Feb 9, '13 at 11:26am

Kasic

Kasic

5,746 posts

i wonder how religion would be with logic...try to imagine it...

Religion with logic is what's called, "losing faith."

sounds like karma. i like the idea behind karma, but you should be nice to others just because and not to get a reward.

I like the idea behind karma too, unless you attach it to the concept of reincarnation. Mistakes in your previous life shouldn't affect a fresh start.

it is sad that no religion follows these words...i mean, look at the jehovah's witnesses...

They don't see it as forcing others to believe. They honestly believe that they're saving people's souls. It's what makes religion evil so very often, the things done in ignorance and bigotry, meant to be what's right.

what if heaven is a lie? we will know the truth when we die, and then we will see if there is nothing or a heaven and a hell. whoa, this inspired me to write a poem O.o

Meh. Here's what I settled on when I was ~7 years old.

-If I die and there's no afterlife, I won't know that I'm dead or be able to care that I'm dead.
-If there is reincarnation, I won't really be dead, now will I?
-If there is a God, and he's loving and forgiving as Christians love to claim, it won't matter that I didn't believe in him.
-If he's not loving and forgiving, and is how the Bible depicts him, I'd rather go to hell with the devil, where at least we'd agree that God is a *****.
-If you just become some floating soul, well, I'd just go float across space and look at everything.

Posted Feb 9, '13 at 12:30pm

xAyjAy

xAyjAy

4,906 posts

Religion with logic is what's called, "losing faith."

so if i add logic to each religion i lose my faith? i ask because i am not sure what i should believe anymore.

I like the idea behind karma too, unless you attach it to the concept of reincarnation. Mistakes in your previous life shouldn't affect a fresh start.

you would not remember your past live/lifes after you reincarnated. i think that it could be a second chance for some sinners.

They don't see it as forcing others to believe. They honestly believe that they're saving people's souls. It's what makes religion evil so very often, the things done in ignorance and bigotry, meant to be what's right.

and when you try to confront them with that then they say they do it for the others. like the crusades or the burning of witches...

Meh. Here's what I settled on when I was ~7 years old.

-If I die and there's no afterlife, I won't know that I'm dead or be able to care that I'm dead.
-If there is reincarnation, I won't really be dead, now will I?
-If there is a God, and he's loving and forgiving as Christians love to claim, it won't matter that I didn't believe in him.
-If he's not loving and forgiving, and is how the Bible depicts him, I'd rather go to hell with the devil, where at least we'd agree that God is a *****.
-If you just become some floating soul, well, I'd just go float across space and look at everything.

^this. except that you can not remember anything after you reincarnated.

Reply to not believing means send to hell?

You must be logged in to post a reply!