Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

not believing means send to hell?

Posted Feb 18, '13 at 6:59pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,814 posts

Again old testament, and if your not familiar with the new testament you should read it as it was a new covenant between man and God.

It's always funny to see how people tend to discard the old testament as if it was a mistake of some sort... it's part of your religion, accept it.

Just goes to show that most people who do not believe in anything have no knowledge of what they don't believe.

That is not the reason why they don't believe in it though. Watch out for fallacies.

Posted Feb 18, '13 at 7:11pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,746 posts

Again old testament,

1) Part of the Bible.
2) Done by God
3) Jesus ambiguously claims to be God many times.

if your not familiar with the new testament you should read it as it was a new covenant between man and God.

So if a mass murderer suddenly becomes a philanthropist, he shouldn't be punished for the two million or so deaths he directly caused? The vast majority of which were completely uncalled for or were his mistake?

Just goes to show that most people who do not believe in anything have no knowledge of what they don't believe.

Atheists are the second most knowledgeable group about religion. Only Jews beat them. Evangelical Christians are among the least knowledgeable.

Article

We know quite well what we're talking about.

Posted Feb 18, '13 at 7:19pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

9,475 posts

Again old testament

Then why the **** did you bring up Job?

Posted Feb 18, '13 at 7:25pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,798 posts

Knight

^^ Again old testament, and if your not familiar with the new testament you should read it as it was a new covenant between man and God.

Matthew 5:17-18
Even though Jesus specifically states otherwise.
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Besides the fact that on average tend to be one of the most knowledge on such matters (as already pointed out), not believing in God doesn't mean not believing anything.

Posted Feb 18, '13 at 7:35pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

9,475 posts

quote]Again old testament[/quote]
Hebrews 11:32-38, NT, venerates them, saying the world was not worthy of them.

Posted Feb 18, '13 at 9:24pm

Wyrzen

Wyrzen

327 posts

@Kasic
That was a good mini-article. I may be christian, mormon specifically, but I hate just as much the blind, ignorant, and stubborn Christians out there as much as any atheist.

I'll give them it's a little harder to prove a religious point than to disprove it, but really. They're mostly just retarded. It saddens me to share a common religion with, if I may generalize, such homophonic, intolerant, blind and 'shove down your throat' people.

But, I may add, atheists can be just as hard-headed and stubborn as the blind believers, who give christianity a bad name....religion in general.

Posted Feb 18, '13 at 10:28pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,798 posts

Knight

But, I may add, atheists can be just as hard-headed and stubborn as the blind believers, who give christianity a bad name....religion in general.

It's hard headed to ask for reasonable evidence?

Posted Feb 19, '13 at 5:55am

thebluerabbit

thebluerabbit

5,403 posts

actually, from what ive noticed its the non-believers who know more about most religions then those who believe in them.

and in my opinion EVERY christian who cant read and understand hebrew knows less then 50% of his own religion. its really funny how those who are the most "dedicated" to their religion know the least

Posted Feb 19, '13 at 3:02pm

Wyrzen

Wyrzen

327 posts

actually, from what ive noticed its the non-believers who know more about most religions then those who believe in them.

Which is funny because it's definitely the opposite.

It's hard headed to ask for reasonable evidence?

No, I think it is perfectly reasonable to ask for evidence. That's the whole debate, wanting evidence. I just don't like how sometimes goes about. But there's a difference between asking or requiring evidence, versus demanding you whip your God out of your back pocket or proclaiming your own personal jihad like a few do.

Posted Feb 19, '13 at 4:08pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,746 posts

Which is funny because it's definitely the opposite.

Except it's not, and here's why:

Nonbelievers who argue against religion research it so they can make valid points.

Believers rarely delve deeply into their own religion, believing themselves to already be right. They only do moderately well when it comes to mainstream questions which have been drilled into their heads again and again.

But there's a difference between asking or requiring evidence, versus demanding you whip your God out of your back pocket or proclaiming your own personal jihad like a few do.

No one is demanding you make God do something. We only want solid, objective evidence that gives a logical reason to entertain the idea that your specific belief is the right one and that what you claim is plausible.

Except no religion can do that. Personal testimonies and vague interpretations from scripture are all religion has.

Reply to not believing means send to hell?

You must be logged in to post a reply!