Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

not believing means send to hell?

Posted Feb 19, '13 at 4:18pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,123 posts

That's the whole debate, wanting evidence.

the debate isn't there if there was some evidence for your claims.

it lacks evidence and you or god can't demand us to believe in it, aslong it doesn't give any evidence.

Posted Feb 19, '13 at 4:33pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

9,438 posts

Which is funny because it's definitely the opposite.

10-25% (high estimate) of Christians have read the whole bible.
This counters your statement.

Posted Feb 19, '13 at 5:09pm

OperationNilo

OperationNilo

4,065 posts

Sorry for the late response, my internet died.

Why is God so petty as to decide eternal torment just because His feelings were hurt?

You definetely don't understand the concept that the christian god is a loving one that actually cares about us.. If he gives us that which we need but we don't, and instead use the decision given to us with no obligation to run outside raping people, wouldn't you on his place be seriously offended? And don't be as shallow as to call an offense 'feelings'-we're talking eternal punishment here.

Especially considering omniscience, knowing in advance exactly who would offend Him and where, when, why, and how they would offend Him, then allowing (more specifically "willing") scenario X to occur.

Because, as already stated, he gives us the choice to carry out the action and accepts it.

God still was the one to set up the system so that would be the outcome.

No person is obliged to go to hell, you know?

How would that make it a concentration camp?

Being taken someplace by force.

This God seems pretty thin skinned and petty if he get's offended for eternity because, for example someone picked up sticks on the wrong day. or the worst thing you can possibly do, deny him. With also makes him sound like an egomaniac on top of it all.

Thing is, he doesn't. The problem with most people is that they think that god will never forgive them. Wrong. There is a funny little thing called 'being repentant'. If someone doesn't want to be forgiven- as shown through his actions-, then how the heck does he want god to forgive him?

So he is making the final decision of whether you are deserving of hell?

Indeed.

Posted Feb 19, '13 at 5:20pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,261 posts

Knight

You definetely don't understand the concept that the christian god is a loving one that actually cares about us.. If he gives us that which we need but we don't, and instead use the decision given to us with no obligation to run outside raping people, wouldn't you on his place be seriously offended? And don't be as shallow as to call an offense 'feelings'-we're talking eternal punishment here.

Stop seeing the eternal punishment thing as a necessary constant. God set up the system, he can change it. It's up to him and his hurt feelings.

Speaking of which, I tihnk you don't get the principle of an all-loving deity. All-loving means his love is unconditional, which is often said about god's love for us. But if his love is unconditional, he would just say, "here, do whatever you want, I still love you and won't put you to hell for doing nasty stuff". If he is loving, he has no need to "be offended", as you put it (which is putting humans feeling on a seemingly non-human deity btw). If he gets offended by people doing nasty stuff, why did he give us free will? He has to know some people will offend him, he supposedly created us after all. So he knows by giving us free will he will have to put people to hell. This doesn't make any sense.

Posted Feb 19, '13 at 5:27pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

9,438 posts

And don't be as shallow as to call an offense 'feelings'

Offend
1.cause somebody anger, resentment, or hurt: to hurt somebody's feelings, or cause resentment, irritation, anger, or displeasure

What else should I call it?

and instead use the decision given to us with no obligation to run outside raping people, wouldn't you on his place be seriously offended?

Not if I created everything leading to that scenario with full knowledge that it would occur in that exact way.

Posted Feb 19, '13 at 5:32pm

OperationNilo

OperationNilo

4,065 posts

But if his love is unconditional, he would just say, "here, do whatever you want, I still love you and won't put you to hell for doing nasty stuff".

That would be a God that thinks 'I don't care about you, do as you may'.

If he is loving, he has no need to "be offended", as you put it (which is putting humans feeling on a seemingly non-human deity btw).

I assume you are a guy? If you have a girlfriend and you give her your utmost love, and suddenly she 'cheats' on you, wouldn't you be offended?

If he gets offended by people doing nasty stuff, why did he give us free will?

Exactly! Because he loves us!

He has to know some people will offend him, he supposedly created us after all. So he knows by giving us free will he will have to put people to hell. This doesn't make any sense.

Thing is, he made humans to be perfect. As impossible as it may seem, it must be possible to be perfect back, right? And you reach that perfection in heaven, away from sin. While you are on Earth, you are given the choice. Of course, most choose the 'nice' path of going to hell.

Posted Feb 19, '13 at 5:34pm

OperationNilo

OperationNilo

4,065 posts

Ninja'd

What else should I call it?

I was not talking about the literal meaning of the word...

Not if I created everything leading to that scenario with full knowledge that it would occur in that exact way.

Well then, good thing you aren't God.

Posted Feb 19, '13 at 5:36pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

9,438 posts

If you have a girlfriend and you give her your utmost love, and suddenly she 'cheats' on you, wouldn't you be offended?

If I was truly all loving, then not at all.

Posted Feb 19, '13 at 5:38pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

9,438 posts

Ninja'd as well.

I was not talking about the literal meaning of the word...

Then what meta-meaning were you talking about?

Well then, good thing you aren't God.

So a god that created everything with full knowledge of the way everything would ever be, including the bad, has no fault?

Posted Feb 19, '13 at 5:39pm

OperationNilo

OperationNilo

4,065 posts

If I was truly all loving, then not at all.

Has that actually occurred to you? Can you give your opinion on the matter?

Reply to not believing means send to hell?

You must be logged in to post a reply!