Forums

ForumsNewcomers Forum

SIPPYCUpS, the comment merit guarantee! Coming Soon to a Forum Near You!

Thread Locked

Posted Feb 9, '13 at 11:47am

R2D21999

R2D21999

17,924 posts

Knight

I've been here for almost 2 years and I don't have a merit... Hopefully I'll finally get one.

Posted Feb 9, '13 at 12:24pm

theEPICgameKING

theEPICgameKING

1,017 posts

Don't see much point in Merits since we got rid of AP...but okay, i'll hop in. Dibs on "Steampunk Tower"!

Posted Feb 9, '13 at 8:46pm

daleks

daleks

3,838 posts

So hopefully I don't get yelled at bitten by Gantic for this, but here is a post I did. No, it did not get a merit. No, I really don't think it should get a merit because it was my first game review that I actually tried for. But at least it might help you guys know what it can look like, what to talk about, etc.

Bullet Heaven is a fun, fast paced shooting game. It has many features that make it addicting including many levels, different ranks, and medals.
While this game does not have a huge amount of levels it will still take time to beat them all. They range from easy to hard. Each level has unique enemies or a combination of enemies that make it difficult. While each level is hard they are so hard that you feel as if you will never be able to beat it.
There are also many ranks for each level. This makes you want to replay each level in order to obtain the highest rank. If you get enough high ranks you can unlock extra levels.
Medals also add to this game. Some are easy to obtain while others are more challenging. They make you replay more of the levels and try to get high scores.
Even with all these great aspects some improvements could have been made. When you first go to upgrade your health the game could warn you that you would not be able to get one of medals. It would also be nice if the levels told you the top score that you could get.
Overall this game is addicting and as good replay value and gets a 9/10 from me.

Posted Feb 12, '13 at 9:23am

winmaster1

winmaster1

649 posts

I'm in, if I didn't say so.

Posted Feb 13, '13 at 6:09pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

Dang, I was actually planning on participating. Too bad that new 0 merit rule is in place...

Posted Feb 15, '13 at 1:22pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,577 posts

R2, the reason you don't have a merit is because you spend too much time intimidating the Newcomers or NOT updating "Single Minded."

Posted Feb 15, '13 at 1:36pm

theEPICgameKING

theEPICgameKING

1,017 posts

I still call dibs on "Steampunk Tower."

Posted Feb 17, '13 at 11:37am

Nerdsoft

Nerdsoft

1,283 posts

I'm in. I pick Sushi Cat 2: the Great Purrade. I'd actually just written a review and I thought I'd check to see if this was back. Huzzah!
My review of Sushi Cat 2: The Great Purrade
The adorable graphics (not that I'd expect anything less from Jimp) add a nice touch. Jimp's trademark thick outlines look great and really contribute to the casual feel. I do, however, dislike the colour scheme of the levels. In my view, it should be gaudier, giving a real carnival atmosphere to the game. The difficulty is a bit easy, although the game is supposed to be casual.
The minigames are a nice touch. Each one is to be used uniquely and each level prompts a different method. The costumes are cute and varied.
It would be nice to be able to pan the camera; this would really help with the Nyan Cat powerup. The plot is simple but well-executed; the cutscenes are adorable.
Perhaps if the fat you gained was kept every level, it would be a bit more realistic.
All in all, a brilliant sequel to a brilliant series. While it could do with a few improvements here and there, Sushi Cat 2: The Great Purrade genuinely makes me smile. 9.5 out of 10.
It's 20 pages from the first comment.

Posted Feb 21, '13 at 9:23am

winmaster1

winmaster1

649 posts

Woohoo! We can start to register!