ForumsGamesSinjid: Upgrade Components

48 39750
Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Are there only a limited number of components to upgrade your weapons with in the game? Also, is there anyway to get your component back out of an item after upgrading it?

• 48 Replies
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Shadow Crystal and the other one you get later in the game are unique. There are a couple spots for Gold and Crystal. I'm not sure if they respawn when you return to the area as I haven't checked.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Shadow Crystal and the other one you get later in the game are unique. There are a couple spots for Gold and Crystal. I'm not sure if they respawn when you return to the area as I haven't checked.

The gold didn't respawn in the mine, I checked. It might respawn later but I'm not sure. I think I just wasted the shadow crystal. I used it on the high damage weapon Shigeru sells. I wish I saved it for later (I wonder if having two items upgrade with shadow crystals stacks the cooldown reduction effect. It's very useful).

Do you think that Krin could change the game so that you can just use a weapon that has been upgrade with a component as the competent itself?
That way if you make a mistake like me you can always just use that weapon as the component later on.
Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

I should also mention that buffs like Crystals critical hit chance or Shadow Crystals cooldown drop do not stack, so don't make that mistake.

Okay, well at least my mistake is not as bad as it could be then.
soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

I think there are only a limited number of components, but I still had I think two to spare after upgrading my weapon all the way. You can get Emeralds from side quests at the place where the old king is, by the way.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Should I use all of the components I can before entering the last castle? it looks like the store bought armor is better than any dropped armor so I might as well use it on the best equipment before the final fight?

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Well I actually never used any components for armor as a Warrior because I always thought I would get better armor from random drops. But even so if it's the final castle (not the one Kazuro "most likely was in&quot you might as well use it on your equipment because even if you get a sweet random drop you'll have to go all the way back to the upgrade-smith-dude to upgrade, which will make the zone's enemies respawn the next time you go there.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

I should also mention that buffs like Crystals critical hit chance or Shadow Crystals cooldown drop do not stack, so don't make that mistake.

Component items definitely stack. See below:

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a627/Reton8/UntitledSinjid.png
Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

I should have made myself more clear. What I meant was it doesn't stack with one weapon, upgrading for example a sword with crystal and shadow crystal cancels the buff from the previous material. But with multiple upgraded weapons it does stack.

Yeah, about 5 minutes after I posted, I realized what you were talking about lol.
Although the shadow crystal only reduces cooldowns by 3% I seem to notice the difference in battle. I wish I didn't waste the one upgrade, so I could get the 6% bonus. But it doesn't matter now that I've completed the game.
dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

A word for the wise. I haven't checked to see if this glitch was fixed, but be wary of stacked upgrade buffs. I once had two emerald buffs going at once. For some reason, the buff stack only was in effect as I took one of the upgraded items off, not when I put it back on. So with that vitality boost decreasing each time, I, with curiosity piqued, got my health to zero due to having zero vitality. Just saying, be careful with taking off an item with a buff that you have stacked, for I don't know if Krin has fixed it since I sent him that bug report.

As for the limits of upgrades, if you get the premium content, you can buy as many as you want, for a decent price as well. There are also...two(?) new gems, ruby and sapphire I believe. I remember ruby for sure. Aside from premium content, you're limited to the non respawning ores and the ones they give you throughout the game. I actually missed out on a shadow gem, since when Shigeru tried to give it to me, my inventory was full, but it didn't say "your inventory is full, come back later," it just "gave it to me" and it was nowhere to be found. Guess that's what I got for looting :P

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Just realized you can mine a crystal in the bamboo stalks passageway where you get deep water too!

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

Hum, you can get two Shadow Gems as treasure, one is a gift from the blacksmith, and another one can be found in a chest in the third (I think) floor of the Emerald Temple building.

Also, Lady Shiori has a good chance of dropping Emerals, and Kazuro has a quite low chance of dropping Crystals. So I assume that there is a way to drop Shadow Gems too, but I haven't found out yet. To me, the most likely hypotesis is that Kazuro can drop both and I have been unlucky so far, because it seems weird to drop from a weaker boss, while Shadow Gems are, in my opinion, the best component.

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

because it seems weird to drop from a weaker boss

Whoa whoa whoa, you think Shiori is the weaker boss? I stomped Kazuro into the ground, but, if nothing else to make it harder, had to be overly cautious with Shiori.
gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

Lady Shiori's difficulty was mainly to figure out a consistent way of dodging her bolts, then she was quite repetitive in the fight. Kazuro, though, had no easy strategy, and he could always freeze me, walk to me, stun me with his shockwave, and kill me in two hits, so the fights were quite intense and I had to time my Meditations very well to dispel the freeze effect.
Anyway that's not exactly what I meant :P I've killed lady Shiori a lot of times and I'm fairly certain she doesn't drop anything but Emeralds and Naga armor, but I can't say the same about Kazuro. So to find the Shadow Gems I would have to try the bosses before lady Shiori, but it sounds more realistic for them to drop from Kazuro rather than a boss weaker than her.

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Whoa whoa whoa, you think Shiori is the weaker boss? I stomped Kazuro into the ground, but, if nothing else to make it harder, had to be overly cautious with Shiori.

If you don't look at her when she uses Serpent Gaze she is quite easy to tackle, other than dodging her poison bolts like gaboloth said. However, Kazuru always is fairly easy for me as I always save up all of my food and potions (those delicious elixirs!) for him.
Antoinetter
Antoinetter
2 posts
Peasant

Could someone please tell me where the upgrade guy is or i cant find him :/

Showing 1-15 of 48