Forums

ForumsVideo Games

Antichamber

Posted Feb 9, '13 at 6:03pm

Somewhat49

Somewhat49

1,608 posts

I played it and got one of my friends to play it. Overall I really like the game but there is one thing that Im really confused about, I was in the room called the Butterfly effect and through one of the windows I see a big black thing traveling through the puzzels in the other side, it then disapeared out of sight and i never saw it again, anyone know what that was??

Posted Feb 9, '13 at 6:59pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

4,196 posts

I saw it too. Haven't seen it since. Oh hey! That room!

I got above the sliding block (that pushes you back) to the red room. In front of me is a door with like 12 block slots. I lost all my blocks because I went through one of those weird block-dissolving fields. Did you solve the Butterfly Effect room?

Posted Feb 9, '13 at 7:30pm

Somewhat49

Somewhat49

1,608 posts

I got above the sliding block (that pushes you back) to the red room. In front of me is a door with like 12 block slots. I lost all my blocks because I went through one of those weird block-dissolving fields. Did you solve the Butterfly Effect room?

Yea I did

[SPOILER]
what you do is ignore that room unless you have the green gun and alot of blocks, get out of the red room and  back into the first room of the butterfly effect.
Ok so there's the red room, the block that moves foward AND before both of those things is a sphere thingy on the ceiling... PUSH the foward moving block while looking away from it and you'l see that the sphere from the ceiling is actually a platform that moves up and down, according to the moving block you're pushing.
Happy Gaming!

Posted Feb 9, '13 at 7:33pm

Somewhat49

Somewhat49

1,608 posts

- As soon as you get the green gun, you can make an infinite amount of blocks, as long as you start with 8. I'll let you figure the rest out yourself. And yes, the game expects you to figure this out.

Just wanna say it isn't 8 blocks, I have no idea what the real number is when it gets infinite, but Ive had 10 blocks and it didnt become infinite yet.

Posted Feb 10, '13 at 2:58am

xNightwish

xNightwish

1,560 posts

Just wanna say it isn't 8 blocks, I have no idea what the real number is when it gets infinite, but Ive had 10 blocks and it didnt become infinite yet.

Yes if you have the green gun you can make the outline of a 3x3 square on the wall and when you do that there appears a block in the middle. You can take the blocks and you have 9 blocks. If you repeat this (you don't have to pick up the whole circle just 1 block on the sides you can get a infinite amount of blocks.

Posted Feb 10, '13 at 10:21am

Somewhat49

Somewhat49

1,608 posts

Yes if you have the green gun you can make the outline of a 3x3 square on the wall and when you do that there appears a block in the middle. You can take the blocks and you have 9 blocks. If you repeat this (you don't have to pick

How did you figure that out?

Posted Feb 10, '13 at 4:52pm

xNightwish

xNightwish

1,560 posts

How did you figure that out?

Well I already told you I got stuck at some point so on my quest for the next gun I stumbled upon a puzzle which used this tricks. And when I applied the trick another surface it worked to. Btw it doesn't have to be a 3x3 square or even a square. Just as long as the figure is closed.

Posted Feb 16, '13 at 6:26pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

4,196 posts

I'm currently stuck on "Too Many Lasers." Also, apparently it is spelled "Antechamber." My mistake.

Posted Feb 16, '13 at 7:02pm

Somewhat49

Somewhat49

1,608 posts

I'm currently stuck on "Too Many Lasers."

All you need is to get the green gun for that challenge.

Posted Feb 16, '13 at 10:13pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

4,196 posts

I haven't gotten the green gun yet...

Reply to Antichamber

You must be logged in to post a reply!