Forums

ForumsVideo Games

Antichamber

Posted Mar 1, '13 at 12:24pm

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

Urgh, the yellow gun does not look fun at all.

Fun, or useful? :P I think I've ended up using it to get where I need to go half the time. It's a surprisingly intricate puzzle mechanic.

The red gun is pretty much infinite blocks to the max. If you have at least two blocks, you can have infinite blocks. It adds a little bit to puzzle depth, I suppose, but it also makes early puzzles massively easy to get by. You don't have to spend as much time on them then, I suppose.

Also did anyone figure out how to get into the gun display room? And could someone tell me the name of that room as well (actually the room before that since I found the room leading to the display room, but didn't have the gun to get to it)

Yes, but I'm not at the correct computer at the moment :b Speaking of the gun display room, has anyone found any other special rooms? I think I've found three or four.

Also, what was everyone's favorite puzzle? Mine was the "Don't look down" puzzle. It was easy to finish but I really liked it.

Man, Iduno... I love the Chase because I love using it as an example, but there were a bunch of other rooms, for example the one you have to run around, and you're stuck wondering how to get out since you're stuck in a loop. Heh... I also like the yellow block puzzles - not the red ones, where you just expand, but the ones where you have to move them around / split them. Apparently I missed the room where that's introduced, so I got to the puzzle before the red gun wondering what I was supposed to do. I eventually looked it up. I think that was the only thing I've looked up so far, though. I am kind of surprised about that. Of course, I probably only figured out the infinite blocks thing because of hints in this thread...

Five more squares left...

Posted Mar 1, '13 at 10:44pm

Somewhat49

Somewhat49

1,608 posts

Well it was the end of the game, may as well make it feel like you are the most powerful thing in the world while you can.

It just disapointed me for the most part becaus before that I really had to think about how to solve the puzzels, once you get the red gun you just throw enough blocks at the problem and you're good, or just throw enough blocks to be able to hook all the blocks together and pull them out of the puzzel, it just really had no challenge.

That ending made no sense at all.

Seriously... I don't even half know what happened.

"Hey wait a second, that's the symbol for the game. Something awesome's about to..."

Yea I had pretty much the same reaction, my favorite part of that place at the end is when I figured out that it's in an infinite loop.

Yes, but I'm not at the correct computer at the moment :b Speaking of the gun display room, has anyone found any other special rooms? I think I've found three or four.

Of the rooms I can remember right now, I found 3 counting the display room (but I haven't got into that one) so I was only able to get into 2.

Does ANYONE know what those moving pinkish red blocks do??

but there were a bunch of other rooms, for example the one you have to run around, and you're stuck wondering how to get out since you're stuck in a loop.

That one had for a little because of the doubt that forms in your mind wether you're going in the right place when the black sign keep appearing.

but the ones where you have to move them around / split them

I was a little disapointed with those moving around and splitting puzzels because I found a mechanic in those that allows you to effectively kill the blocks in the puzzel and minimize the amount you have, but there were no puzzelz that required doing so.

Of course, I probably only figured out the infinite blocks thing because of hints in this thread...

Yea I had no hope of finding that out on my own, neither did my friend who I was playing the game with at the time.

Talking about the hidden rooms, I found one that had like a bunch of equations written on it, I was wondering if anyone else found that and has any idea what they are referring to.

Posted Mar 1, '13 at 11:49pm

Somewhat49

Somewhat49

1,608 posts

These pink squares are making me crazy cause I have no idea what they do.
http://gyazo.com/ccd8a6677b658dcccbb2ba89ed2a2667
there used to be one here:
http://gyazo.com/d806c881aefc5778552de48ec8c604d6
and another used to be here:
http://gyazo.com/e32302f41b518de468306cb17ccd1bab

Btw started playing antichamber some more and found 2 new secret rooms

Posted Mar 8, '13 at 10:40pm

Somewhat49

Somewhat49

1,608 posts

Sorry my pictures didn't work.
first:

and third picture

these pictures cant be viewed for some reason and only on the website.

Posted Mar 18, '13 at 12:27am

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

I finished the entirety of it... I think. I only have the map to go by. :S Anyways, I got everything done before the Chase, and I didn't figure there would be any secret rooms after that, though I may be wrong.

@Somewhat49: I have no idea what they do. Perhaps it's just to make people confused. I haven't found any end-pieces related to it, at least, not that I remember.

I was a little disapointed with those moving around and splitting puzzels because I found a mechanic in those that allows you to effectively kill the blocks in the puzzel and minimize the amount you have, but there were no puzzelz that required doing so.

There was one, I think, between the room with the two jump-pads with the pit and wall in the middle. That's when I found that glitch, but it was never really necessary after that since all of the moving puzzles (especially at the end) were surprisingly simple.

Yea I had pretty much the same reaction, my favorite part of that place at the end is when I figured out that it's in an infinite loop.

Wait... What? O.o

Posted Mar 18, '13 at 3:41pm

Somewhat49

Somewhat49

1,608 posts

Wait... What? O.o

In the chase you go to that place that's all white, if you jump off you'l just go in a loop until you touch ground again.

Reply to Antichamber

You must be logged in to post a reply!