ForumsWEPRhow do u tell your parents you are an atheist

77 31013
Lanod
Lanod
28 posts
Nomad

my family arent very religious but I'm still scared to tell them i dont beleive god

• 77 Replies
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

Atheist are retards ........................................dont believe in god blah

Yes...we're the foolish ones to not believe in the invisible magic man in the sky who talks through various people instead of to everyone. Who doesn't seem to find it necessary to give us any physical evidence of his existence or address any of the many evils in the world, despite claiming to be all powerful, all knowing, and all loving. Who has been represented in thousands of different ways, who has shown himself to have a very poor understanding of astrophysics, biology, and moral consistency.

Yes, we're certainly foolish for not accepting such a being, who has sent four different holy books to us, all of which say contradicting things.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

i have a feeling he is just here to throw out trolling one-liners.
i havn't seen him reply to ANYTHING.

mbbs112
mbbs112
198 posts
Peasant

[quote]Someone who believes in an imaginary being is more likely to be considered not very smart. xD xD

[b]mostly the opposite and if God would talk to everyone then what would Believing be for?anyway im a muslim and its my duty to believe in All the messengers of God

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

[b]mostly the opposite and if God would talk to everyone then what would Believing be for?anyway im a muslim and its my duty to believe in All the messengers of God

If God doesn't talk to me, how in the world do I know he exists? I don't see Santa Claus, so does he exist too?
SonOfVader
SonOfVader
110 posts
Blacksmith

There's no point in responding to mbbs112. He/she's either a troll (which I hope is the case) or so immaturely dogmatic that reasoned arguments will go right over his/her head.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

There's no point in responding to mbbs112. He/she's either a troll (which I hope is the case) or so immaturely dogmatic that reasoned arguments will go right over his/her head.

As Mage said about responded to KnightDeclan...the responses are also for those watching on the side-lines
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

Yes...we're the foolish ones to not believe in the invisible magic man in the sky who talks through various people instead of to everyone. Who doesn't seem to find it necessary to give us any physical evidence of his existence or address any of the many evils in the world, despite claiming to be all powerful, all knowing, and all loving. Who has been represented in thousands of different ways, who has shown himself to have a very poor understanding of astrophysics, biology, and moral consistency.

Yes, we're certainly foolish for not accepting such a being, who has sent four different holy books to us, all of which say contradicting things.

It's one thing not to believe, but to put down our faith is just horrible. People believed in gods all throughout time. You have no proof that he's fake. I guess we'll all see when we die, huh? You're all in for a big surprise. I know I can't convince you, but I'm just making myself feel better. When i sin, I feel horrible, but when I look at you guys, I feel like I have a good chance.

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

It's one thing not to believe, but to put down our faith is just horrible.

Faith is literally believing without reason to. What's not to put down about that? If you had any valid reason to believe what you do, you could show the rest of us concrete proof and corroborate claims. Instead we see thousands of different types of religions and no five given people of the same religion can agree on 50% of the doctrine.

It's a make-up-whatever-you-want fiesta.

People believed in gods all throughout time.

So?

You have no proof that he's fake.

You're right, I don't. Though I can prove specific claims wrong, which heavily indicate that religion as we know it, at least, is not right.

but when I look at you guys, I feel like I have a good chance.

What exactly are we doing that's so bad? Not hating everyone? Not wishing eternal torture onto people? Not being racist, homophobic, and ignorant?

Please do tell, because I can't think of anything.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Nah, let's not incur Cthulhu's wrath, lest we go mad with fear that we forsook the beliefs of the Elder Gods.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Nah, let's not incur Cthulhu's wrath, lest we go mad with fear that we forsook the beliefs of the Elder Gods.

Yeah you don't mess with Zeus. I have a proof of his power. Check this video.
Zeus wrath
------------ `O//
:O
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Cthulhu, not Zeus! D: It's important we get It's Name right right?

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Cthulhu, not Zeus! D: It's important we get It's Name right right?

I was being sarcastic. xD
Did you check the video? Fire ignite the round bomb and the temple is destroyed by lightning!
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

And I was playing along with you!

Yeah I did haha!~

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Wait wait, it's a video?

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

And I was playing along with you!

I was worry for a second, I thought we were going to have a fight about Gods!
xD
Showing 46-60 of 77