ForumsPopular MediaFilms that Have Most Inluenced you

9 2092
woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

O love the fil topgun. It was the reason i wanted to be a pilot. I saw it when i was a kid and though i want that. Its the reason i joined the RAF and am a pilot now. Sadly its not that glamourous.

Any films that have influenced you?

• 9 Replies
purpledinosaur
purpledinosaur
679 posts
Peasant

well the movie is a documentary and it is called beating everestI think it inspires me to do somethinng great in my life

Alguzara
Alguzara
519 posts
Nomad

well the movie is a documentary and it is called beating everestI think it inspires me to do somethinng great in my life

Havent done anything great?
Yet?
woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

Havent done anything great?
Yet?

If you arent gonna contribute to the thread then dont say anything at all Alguzara i mean how many people can say they have done something truly great.
florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

woodies right, hes talkin great like "amazing invention" great, not "mommy i pooped all by myself" great.

Anyways, a very influental movie for me was The Mist, not as inspiration, but it really taught a lesson to its viewers, to never give up. Frank Darabont did a great job with that movie.

Captian_EO
Captian_EO
172 posts
Nomad

Titanic
~it helped me realize that not everyone will get the fantasy life they want. She loved him and he died. All those other people and the ones they loved died.

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

"Pursuit of Happyness" is by far the most influential move I have ever seen. Never give up, and pursue happiness!

th3pr3tz3l
th3pr3tz3l
189 posts
Nomad

Lars and the Real Girl. Meet new people! And don't get afraid to get shot down! Improved alot 4 me.

ECTHETIC
ECTHETIC
36 posts
Nomad

pursuit of happiness influenced meh the most because it teaches the value of what you can do if you pursue ur dreams

Eyes
Eyes
139 posts
Blacksmith

Well, I wasn't even going to post here, but I see I must...

If you arent gonna contribute to the thread then dont say anything at all Alguzara i mean how many people can say they have done something truly great.

I'm going to go off on you (and florglee2, because he hopped on the bandwagon with you) just for a little bit...then I'll get back to the topic.

Why would you be so mean to someone just like that? Is he going to go kill himself because you said that? Probably not, if he is even a little mature, he'll probably chuckle and move on, but the degree of "meaness" isn't my point.

My point is you really went out of your way to say that. "It's the thought that counts." Well yes it is. But why didn't you say "But Alguzara, how many people have done great things?" But no, you led off with "What you said has no value. Don't post here." You opened with a senseless insult and then said something that was (in all honesty) pretty logical. You totally debased yourself by devaluing his opinion and then (I'm not sure, this might be the most ridiculous part!) proceeded to counter what he said...You just said that it didn't contribute anything!...WHAT? How can you counter a point that you just got done saying had no bearing on this thread!?!?!

Now on to florglee2. See, I didn't forget you!

I've pointed this out in another thread: How can you speak for someone else? You have no idea what purpledinosaur meant. I could be totally wrong here. If you know purpledinosaur personally and he told you what he meant, that is another story, but I am assuming you don't know what he meant for sure. Just don't be too quick to assume you know what someone means (even if you are right!).

To sum up: Am I angry? I would say shocked is more of what I am. I'm not trying to be mean to either of you, but I felt that you were wrong and I wanted to explain that to you.

Whew! Ok, I think I've made all the points I wanted to in regards to that...now on to lighter things.

i mean how many people can say they have done something truly great.

That is really subjective. It really depends on your definition of "truly great" things. I could just as easily argue that standing up for a child being bullied is just as great as a soldier saving 500 lives or finding a cure for cancer. I'm just saying, even the little things count, more than you might realize.

But anyway, movies! My brain is too fried to come up with any specific films, but no doubt I've been influenced (positively and negatively) by all the movies I've seen. Gee, what a crappy answer (or non-answer). I might post again when it isn't so late

I'm done. (if the formatting doesn't come out like I wanted it to, I will be...irked)
Showing 1-9 of 9