ForumsWEPR{Intolerant}If Athiests and Homosexuals expect us Christians to be tolerant of them, how come they arent tole...

67 40402
pballaddict
pballaddict
128 posts
Nomad

Just a question i have, Atheists and Homosexuals expect us to be "tolerant" of them, when we are. we just believe it's wrong. But yet, they are not tolerant of ours. we don't start Christian parades and harass and pillage homosexuals homes, do we?

• 67 Replies
Squidbears
Squidbears
627 posts
Nomad
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

See the bottom of the page here.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Fixed your link.
How to beat an Atheist in an argument

I'm pretty sure remembering seeing this before. I'm currently watching a blogtv show right now and will have to get back to this link later tonight.

pballaddict
pballaddict
128 posts
Nomad

Thanks for fixing the link, 'reciate it.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

It is and it isn't. People arguing about evolution and constantly pointing out ridiculous misunderstandings do make people look stupid.

Though it's not an attempt to make the person look stupid. It's often more an attempt to educate and correct a mistake. It's just the mindset make it difficult.
Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

Are statements like these what you mean by "make them look like idiots for our faith"? Because that's not at all what's going on.

Uh, Mage, did you mean to quote me or pballwhatshisface?

Because I was simply pointing out how, in a very real sense, we are still Apes - the people that use the "descended from apes/monkeys" argument often use it in such a way as to suggest we think a chimpanzee pushed out a human baby one day and that was that.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

I was quoting you. I was trying to find out if that quote was what pballaddict meant by making them an idiot or not.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

I think he quoted you as an example in response to pball.
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

Because I was simply pointing out how, in a very real sense, we are still Apes - the people that use the "descended from apes/monkeys" argument often use it in such a way as to suggest we think a chimpanzee pushed out a human baby one day and that was that.

He meant to quote you, for that reason.

He was asking pball if people correcting their wrong assertions is what he meant by "making their beliefs look stupid."
Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

Ohhh, I getcha, I'm kind of running on less sleep than usual so something wasn't clicking right about what you said but I got it now.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Keep in mind I do not believe in EVERYTHING he is saying, by it makes good points. Please watch.

EmperorPalpatine already did a pretty good job of going over this and covering the verses he uses. I will assume since this is the part you're not really getting at as important to you're argument though.

Right from the start he brings up how most religious people are blindly following their parents. How regional religion is I would say goes against it's validity. When something is true, a fact, it tends to not be isolated by regions.

0:25 in, "Most atheist become atheists because they believe in science and technology".
Science is just a tool to use. Belief doesn't really factor in here. I would say many atheists do use the basic principles of science, which brings us to use reason and critical thinking. As this stand with scripture, that is simply the claim that requires evidence.

0:43 in, "The first question to ask an atheist is, Suppose there is an equipment that is a machinery that no one in the world has seen before. if it's brought in front of you Who is the first person to tell you the machinism of this machinery, of this object? What will be his reply?"
1:48 in, "How did our universe come into existence?"

He was trying to compare some machine that was manufactured with the universe. Also he got the Big Bang wrong. Essentially he is using the Blind watchmaker argument. I will skip over the part he starts getting into this being mentioned in his particular holy text as EmperorPalpatine has covered this and it's not relevant to the point being made by a Christian.
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Argument_from_design
http://wiki.ironchariots.org/index.php?title=Watchmaker_argument
In short the universe and other natural formations weren't made. The links provide a run down of this sort of argument and counter arguments.

Moving on the the moon. From a Christian perspective of the Bible, that's saying it's, it's own light. He get's the timeline of when this was figured out to be wrong way off. Unfortunately for the argument here this only hurts Christianity validity.

3:50 in, He get's into the shape of the world. The Bible get's this wrong. At best it calls the world a circle, the specific word used int he Bible denote a flat round surface just like he think of circles today. Hebrew did have a word for spherical objects. But even calling the world a sphere is just an over simplification. It would be more accurate to call it an oblong spheroid and if we are to measure it from a very close surface structure it loses even this definition. Also get's the discovery of the world being "spherical" wrong.

The way the holy texts make reference to the sun is that it's revolving around us. Universe expanding isn't mentioned in holy text.

To take my reply to this from the link EmperorPalpatine provided.
"This guy is doing the exact same thing Christians do when they claim that science is in the Bible. Science discovers something then you claim it was in your holy text. We never see the opposite happen."
Getoffmydangle
Getoffmydangle
152 posts
Blacksmith

The OP here is a straight up FoxNews spinoff. Its a little late in the winter season for an episode of "war on Christmas" but thats essentially what this is. Even thought christians are clearly the dominant cultural force in this country, Foxnews riles up their base by claiming that their way of life is under attack and that they are the real victims of discrimination and oppression.

Blairlarson
Blairlarson
93 posts
Nomad

I think that both Atheist and Christians are mean the same to each other look at the posts that people post. In the Theism and Atheism everyone was rude the same to each other.

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

In the Theism and Atheism everyone was rude the same to each other.

Please don't generalize. Most of the regulars here are not rude or insulting. Making people look stupid for being unable to back up their claims is a byproduct of poor thinking. Same goes for when we have to correct them again and again on what evolution actually claims, what it is and is not related to, and how ridiculous Noah's ark is.
Blairlarson
Blairlarson
93 posts
Nomad

Well one thing that you probably did not know about is that one day the mediterranean sea overflowed and that was probably where Noah lived then he was probably thought the world was flooding.

Showing 31-45 of 67