Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

{Intolerant}If Athiests and Homosexuals expect us Christians to be tolerant of them, how come they arent tole...

Thread Locked

Posted Feb 10, '13 at 5:07pm

wolf1991

wolf1991

3,061 posts

The link doesn't work. Someone want to direct me?

Posted Feb 10, '13 at 5:08pm

Squidbears

Squidbears

652 posts

Posted Feb 10, '13 at 5:10pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,984 posts

See the bottom of the page here.

Posted Feb 10, '13 at 5:11pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,677 posts

Knight

Fixed your link.
How to beat an Atheist in an argument

I'm pretty sure remembering seeing this before. I'm currently watching a blogtv show right now and will have to get back to this link later tonight.

Posted Feb 10, '13 at 5:12pm

pballaddict

pballaddict

129 posts

Thanks for fixing the link, 'preciate it.

Posted Feb 10, '13 at 5:19pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,677 posts

Knight

It is and it isn't. People arguing about evolution and constantly pointing out ridiculous misunderstandings do make people look stupid.

Though it's not an attempt to make the person look stupid. It's often more an attempt to educate and correct a mistake. It's just the mindset make it difficult.

Posted Feb 10, '13 at 5:21pm

Avorne

Avorne

3,224 posts

Are statements like these what you mean by "make them look like idiots for our faith"? Because that's not at all what's going on.

Uh, Mage, did you mean to quote me or pballwhatshisface?

Because I was simply pointing out how, in a very real sense, we are still Apes - the people that use the "descended from apes/monkeys" argument often use it in such a way as to suggest we think a chimpanzee pushed out a human baby one day and that was that.

Posted Feb 10, '13 at 5:25pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,677 posts

Knight

I was quoting you. I was trying to find out if that quote was what pballaddict meant by making them an idiot or not.

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,984 posts

I think he quoted you as an example in response to pball.

Kasic

Kasic

5,572 posts

Because I was simply pointing out how, in a very real sense, we are still Apes - the people that use the "descended from apes/monkeys" argument often use it in such a way as to suggest we think a chimpanzee pushed out a human baby one day and that was that.

He meant to quote you, for that reason.

He was asking pball if people correcting their wrong assertions is what he meant by "making their beliefs look stupid."