ForumsWEPR{Intolerant}If Athiests and Homosexuals expect us Christians to be tolerant of them, how come they arent tole...

67 40432
pballaddict
pballaddict
128 posts
Nomad

Just a question i have, Atheists and Homosexuals expect us to be "tolerant" of them, when we are. we just believe it's wrong. But yet, they are not tolerant of ours. we don't start Christian parades and harass and pillage homosexuals homes, do we?

• 67 Replies
pballaddict
pballaddict
128 posts
Nomad

It doesnt matter whether Einstein said that at all. What matters is the point that boy made.

And Kasic, yeah of course they don't go anywhere, because there isnt much else to say. I'm on the winning side here. Christians win either way, whether theres a God or whether some man named Darwin is right... sooooo yeah.

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

It doesnt matter whether Einstein said that at all. What matters is the point that boy made.

The point the boy made, that some things are defined by the absence of another, is not relevant to the topic. Nor does it prove God in any way, shape, or form.

I'm on the winning side here.

If you're referring to the debate, shoving off burden of proof and bringing irrelevant matters into your own topic is not winning.

If you mean the afterlife, you have nothing to base that on.

Christians win either way, whether theres a God or whether some man named Darwin is right... sooooo yeah.

Unless Buddhism is right. Or Hinduism. Or Wicca. Or Satanism. Or Islam. Or it's really Zeus. Or it's actually the various Native American religions. Or it's Voodoo. I could go on like this for a while.

We've already gone over how Pascal's Wager is false. Believing in one religion just because is no 'safer' than not believing. There are tens of thousands of different religions even if you want to count one of those as being right. It could be that none of them are and you're 100% screwed regardless. Or, we could drop the insanity, and just look at how much more sense it would make for there to not be a god.
Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

Christians win either way, whether theres a God or whether some man named Darwin is right... sooooo yeah.

you are far from winning on this matter. an afterlife is a silly notion, but you would lose either because your religion was wrong, or because when you come to die, you will discover that you have never lived because you let "god" dictate your actions. it's not the length of life, it's the quality, and I think my quality of life as an atheist is somewhat better because I know that there is no need to waste my time with pointless tradition and triviality.

-Blade
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

If the OP (and only defender of the views in it) decide to take such a fallacious and stubborn stance, is there a reason to keep this thread open?

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

none that I can see unfortunately. shut it down, my friend.

-Blade

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Okay let's look at the point it's making. Basically it's saying that evil is simply the lack of something (good). That would mean then that the most evil thing you could possibly have is an empty universe, as it would be completely devoid of good. Adding anything to this universe , such as Jeffrey Dahmer, Hitler, Kim Jong il... basically someone we would tend to think of as evil could only make this empty universe less evil.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Guess I will get this in while I have the chance.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/11194_543193582367373_657685729_n.jpg

Showing 61-67 of 67