nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

To whom?

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Going to need more details than just this.

redfan45
redfan45
197 posts
Nomad

Are you a Male or female?
How old are you?
etc etc,
And are you just trolling with this post or is it serious?
Also if it is serious, I truly do hope no immature trolls come in here "ur gay fite me irl" lol

Lanod
Lanod
28 posts
Nomad

boy teenager

Lanod
Lanod
28 posts
Nomad

my friend wants totell his parents but needs help on how he is 13 in a christian family

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

my friend wants totell his parents but needs help on how he is 13 in a christian family

Honestly, the answer heavily depends on his parents. At 13, he doesn't have a lot of control over his life. If his parents are against homosexuality, then he would be setting himself up for a hard 5-10 years.
Getoffmydangle
Getoffmydangle
152 posts
Blacksmith

Depends on how much the "Christian family" will object. There are many Christian families that would lovingly embrace and accept their children regardless of sexual orientation, but as we know, others don't feel this way. I would encourage your friend to explore the reaction he expects to get. If he knows that his family will have a strong negative reaction (disown, ground, punish, or otherwise mistreat) then I would strongly encourage him to wait until he is 18/living on his own. You don't want to make life harder than it already is by making making your parents freak out.

Blairlarson
Blairlarson
93 posts
Nomad

How to come out of the Closet? Well if I where you I would not where I live when people come out of the closet they kind of get beat up a lot of the time. And since your friend is 13 and he is probably in Middle School or he could be Home schooled. But in Middle School he would probably get beat up a some of times.

Blairlarson
Blairlarson
93 posts
Nomad

Not to be rude or something to your friend but if I where him I would keep it secret for now. When he is an Adult and he lives by himself he can come out of the closet but right now I would not do that.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Not to be rude or something to your friend but if I where him I would keep it secret for now. When he is an Adult and he lives by himself he can come out of the closet but right now I would not do that.

Best advice. Not like a 13 year old boy needs to explore his sexuality.
Blairlarson
Blairlarson
93 posts
Nomad

That is so true when your 13 all you need to worry about is grades and how people think about you at school.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

I disagree, at this stage one's sexual feeling are beginning to do all sorts of new things. While it might not be best to run round having sex with others, there is plenty of self discovery on personal feelings.

As Kasic said it really comes down to how their parents would react.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

I disagree, at this stage one's sexual feeling are beginning to do all sorts of new things. While it might not be best to run round having sex with others, there is plenty of self discovery on personal feelings.

As Kasic said it really comes down to how their parents would react.

There is plenty of time to do it later. Right now you're 13, just entering puberty, and possibly the more important phases of schoolife that can make or break your future. You don't need to explore your sexuality, just think about it from time to time, and not stress so much over it.
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

There is plenty of time to do it later. Right now you're 13, just entering puberty, and possibly the more important phases of schoolife that can make or break your future. You don't need to explore your sexuality, just think about it from time to time, and not stress so much over it.

I never said he should explore it. I was answering the question on whether he should tell his parents.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

I'm not saying explore it necessarily in a physical sense as with somebody else, But as the person is entering into puberty at this point it is becoming a major part of who they are that will last the rest of their life.
Showing 1-15 of 17