Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

How to come out of the closet

Posted Feb 12, '13 at 8:25pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,121 posts

Knight

Not to be rude or something to your friend but if I where him I would keep it secret for now. When he is an Adult and he lives by himself he can come out of the closet but right now I would not do that.

Best advice. Not like a 13 year old boy needs to explore his sexuality.

Posted Feb 12, '13 at 8:37pm

Blairlarson

Blairlarson

93 posts

That is so true when your 13 all you need to worry about is grades and how people think about you at school.

Posted Feb 12, '13 at 11:42pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,677 posts

Knight

I disagree, at this stage one's sexual feeling are beginning to do all sorts of new things. While it might not be best to run round having sex with others, there is plenty of self discovery on personal feelings.

As Kasic said it really comes down to how their parents would react.

Posted Feb 13, '13 at 6:45am

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,121 posts

Knight

I disagree, at this stage one's sexual feeling are beginning to do all sorts of new things. While it might not be best to run round having sex with others, there is plenty of self discovery on personal feelings.

As Kasic said it really comes down to how their parents would react.

There is plenty of time to do it later. Right now you're 13, just entering puberty, and possibly the more important phases of schoolife that can make or break your future. You don't need to explore your sexuality, just think about it from time to time, and not stress so much over it.

Posted Feb 13, '13 at 11:36am

Kasic

Kasic

5,572 posts

There is plenty of time to do it later. Right now you're 13, just entering puberty, and possibly the more important phases of schoolife that can make or break your future. You don't need to explore your sexuality, just think about it from time to time, and not stress so much over it.

I never said he should explore it. I was answering the question on whether he should tell his parents.

Posted Feb 13, '13 at 3:45pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,677 posts

Knight

I'm not saying explore it necessarily in a physical sense as with somebody else, But as the person is entering into puberty at this point it is becoming a major part of who they are that will last the rest of their life.

Posted Feb 13, '13 at 5:48pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

That initially sounded like sarcasm, but you're right. I mean, at most you're half way through puberty. At most.

Posted Feb 13, '13 at 7:46pm

Bladerunner679

Bladerunner679

1,343 posts

Not like a 13 year old boy needs to explore his sexuality.

there are 2 sides to this phrase unfortunately: there is no need to explore the physical aspect immediately, but it's better that he starts with gaining knowledge on the matter immediately in order to better help when he needs to come to terms with himself.

in other words, "it's great to learn because knowledge is power."

-Blade

Reply to How to come out of the closet

You must be logged in to post a reply!