Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Thoughts on Mormonism

Posted Feb 12, '13 at 8:05pm

Blairlarson

Blairlarson

93 posts

I would just like to know everyone thoughts on Mormonism

Posted Feb 12, '13 at 8:21pm

Blairlarson

Blairlarson

93 posts

These thoughts could be like the past of the Mormons or the Modern day Mormons . And other things about their Religion.

Posted Feb 12, '13 at 9:27pm

Blairlarson

Blairlarson

93 posts

I think the Mormon Church is the best church that is my opinion what is your guys opinion.

Posted Feb 12, '13 at 9:34pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,977 posts

I think the Mormon Church is the best church

Why do you think/feel it's the best? How many other types of religious organizations have you gone to or researched to determine this? What differentiates it from the tens of thousands of others?

Posted Feb 12, '13 at 9:38pm

Blairlarson

Blairlarson

93 posts

Well one thing that changes it from many other churches is that it has a modern day prophet a thing that many other churches do not have. Another thing that the mormon church has is more scriptures beside the Old Testament an the New Testament

Posted Feb 12, '13 at 9:56pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,977 posts

it has a modern day prophet a thing that many other churches do not have.

That's a strike against it. [Matthew 7:15, 21-23]

Posted Feb 12, '13 at 9:59pm

Blairlarson

Blairlarson

93 posts

All those scriptures say is there will be false prophets and stuff like that. It does not say which church will have false prophets. You are just assuming that the Mormon Church has the wrong prophet.

Posted Feb 12, '13 at 10:10pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,572 posts

It does not say which church will have false prophets.

I can't recall where, but didn't it say in the Bible that Jesus was the last prophet? Too lazy to look.

You are just assuming that the Mormon Church has the wrong prophet.

You're assuming he was a prophet.

Posted Feb 12, '13 at 10:27pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,673 posts

Knight

Well one thing that changes it from many other churches is that it has a modern day prophet a thing that many other churches do not have.

First off Joey was a con artist. Secondly by those standards Scientology should be considered even better.

Another thing that the mormon church has is more scriptures beside the Old Testament an the New Testament

Does that mean Islam is better still on this criteria?

Posted Feb 12, '13 at 10:31pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,977 posts

I can't recall where, but didn't it say in the Bible that Jesus was the last prophet?

In Luke 16:16 Jesus says John was the last prophet and that no more are needed since the prophecies were for the coming of Jesus and he came.

Reply to Thoughts on Mormonism

You must be logged in to post a reply!