Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Thoughts on Mormonism

Posted Feb 12, '13 at 11:27pm

Blairlarson

Blairlarson

93 posts

n Luke 16:16 Jesus says John was the last prophet and that no more are needed since the prophecies were for the coming of Jesus and he came.

the scripture says that the prophets where not doing that well so God sent his only begotten son.

Posted Feb 12, '13 at 11:30pm

Blairlarson

Blairlarson

93 posts

And no Magegaywolf I do not think that  Islam is still on this criteria I am just saying that it is better to have more scriptures then to have less scriptures.

Posted Feb 12, '13 at 11:31pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,677 posts

Knight

And no Magegaywolf I do not think that  Islam is still on this criteria I am just saying that it is better to have more scriptures then to have less scriptures.

But Islam has more scripture, so why aren't you saying it's better?

Posted Feb 12, '13 at 11:33pm

Blairlarson

Blairlarson

93 posts

And what is your guys reasonings to think that the Mormon Church is so wrong. Please explain with out bias opinions.

Posted Feb 12, '13 at 11:34pm

Blairlarson

Blairlarson

93 posts

Well then the Islam church explains more in their Scriptures.

Posted Feb 12, '13 at 11:35pm

Blairlarson

Blairlarson

93 posts

You're assuming he was a prophet.

Well you're assuming that all the other prophets where prophets. But i still think that all of those guys in the Bible are prophets.

Posted Feb 12, '13 at 11:42pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,572 posts

And what is your guys reasonings to think that the Mormon Church is so wrong. Please explain with out bias opinions.

It's groundless, like every other religion. Provide evidence for your claims.

Well you're assuming that all the other prophets where prophets. But i still think that all of those guys in the Bible are prophets.

No I'm not. I was just pointing out that internal logic would say Mormonism is incorrect since there were not supposed to be more prophets after Jesus.

Posted Feb 12, '13 at 11:47pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,677 posts

Knight

No supporting evidence for any of the claims it makes.

I don't think any of them were prophets and I question whether some of them even existed.

Posted Feb 13, '13 at 12:11am

Blairlarson

Blairlarson

93 posts

No I'm not. I was just pointing out that internal logic would say Mormonism is incorrect since there were not supposed to be more prophets after Jesus.

Well if you think about if you have throughly read your scriptures that God has changed his mind on something and making a new prophet is one of those things.

And I am surprised that no one has brought up polygamy yet.

Posted Feb 13, '13 at 12:12am

Blairlarson

Blairlarson

93 posts

I don't think any of them were prophets and I question whether some of them even existed.

Well maybe your questions will be answered in heaven.

Reply to Thoughts on Mormonism

You must be logged in to post a reply!