Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Thoughts on Mormonism

Posted Feb 17, '13 at 3:22pm

Blairlarson

Blairlarson

93 posts

Well god created the person who created this website

Posted Feb 17, '13 at 3:25pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,740 posts

What part of sexual intercourse, fertilization of the ovum, division of cells and fetal growth does God have a part of? We know what happens step by step and "God" is not one of those steps. Why should we believe that God is there when we have absolutely no reason to?

Posted Feb 17, '13 at 4:16pm

wolf1991

wolf1991

3,557 posts

What part of sexual intercourse, fertilization of the ovum, division of cells and fetal growth does God have a part of? We know what happens step by step and "God" is not one of those steps. Why should we believe that God is there when we have absolutely no reason to?

Well, obviously the magical space faeries have something to do with it!

Posted Feb 17, '13 at 4:45pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,782 posts

Knight

But did God create this website? Did God make the thoughts of God not existing? If not God didn't create everything.

Posted Feb 17, '13 at 9:44pm

Bladerunner679

Bladerunner679

2,534 posts

you haven't paid attention to a single word I've said, haven't you? it's like your indoctrination is litterally blocking my posts from being seen by you.

if god created everything, which includes hermaphrodites, retards, and autism, then I'm not impressed. this evidence is better used as a way to prove god's nonexistience.

-Blade

Posted Feb 18, '13 at 3:32pm

Vendablebow

Vendablebow

30 posts

Sorry to OP here, but I take Mormonism about as seriously as I do scientology lol

Posted Feb 18, '13 at 3:34pm

Vendablebow

Vendablebow

30 posts

But did God create this website? Did God make the thoughts of God not existing? If not God didn't create everything.

God created everything in the physical world, including you. Your thoughts however are yours, and yours alone. You know, free will. Otherwise, what would be the point of a God if you didn't have a choice in the matter to believe or not believe.

Posted Feb 18, '13 at 4:25pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

9,477 posts

God created everything in the physical world, including you. Your thoughts however are yours, and yours alone.

Yet thoughts are caused and interpreted by the physical structures in the brain. Unless you can demonstrate a seperate location for thoughts, your point is moot.

Posted Feb 18, '13 at 4:30pm

Vendablebow

Vendablebow

30 posts

Yet thoughts are caused and interpreted by the physical structures in the brain. Unless you can demonstrate a seperate location for thoughts, your point is moot.

I'll pull a point from the book of Atheism an tell you to prove it.

Posted Feb 18, '13 at 4:37pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,740 posts

I'll pull a point from the book of Atheism an tell you to prove it.

Take a biology course. It helps when arguing about facts on biology. Or even a psychology course, in this case.

Reply to Thoughts on Mormonism

You must be logged in to post a reply!