I would just like to know everyone thoughts on Mormonism

• 132 Replies
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

What don't you agree with?

The general meaning, or at least how I took it. Please, allow me:

How heartless can we be to challenge the established dogma! A group of people doubt something, something that has to do with religion.
How dare we ask questions of that which is to not be questioned!
How dare we demand evidence when non can be offered!
The rest of the world insults and/or disapproves of them. They are going against the flow.
Why not just stop thinking and blindly follow in step! They have a temptation to follow the belief.

This has more to do with the explanation, why they do not want to take part in it:

It's because we aren't heartless, we care very much about the truth.
That's why we ask questions and want reasonable answers to them.
Explanation.
It's why we demand evidence before we could ever accept a claim so extraordinary.
It's why we can't just stop thinking and blindly follow. They demand evidence before they accept the belief, whatever may it be. And that is why they do not follow.

Pardon my superficial explanation for it. Do you get it now?

And I dabble. I do hope to some day write my own book.
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Oops, my bad:

And I dabble. I do hope to some day write my own book.

I like your style. If you have more, please do send it to me. I enjoy this kind of poetry very much indeed, no matter if I am or I am not against it.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Pardon my superficial explanation for it. Do you get it now?

Actually no I'm not really clear. Are you saying you think atheists really are heartless and don't care about the true?
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

A group of people doubt something, something that has to do with religion.
The rest of the world insults and/or disapproves of them. They are going against the flow.
They have a temptation to follow the belief.

They demand evidence before they accept the belief, whatever may it be. And that is why they do not follow.

Why value blind faith? What is the virtue in following something without reason? If there is a reason to follow, that can be presented before believing. Asking for faith is asking for one to remain ignorant. No self respecting person should ever subject themselves to such a thing.

If God wants us to believe in him, he can respect us and tell us why. He can stop hiding and requiring us to purposefully believe in his existence without reason. By asking for our faith, he disrespects both parties.
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Actually no I'm not really clear. Are you saying you think atheists really are heartless and don't care about the true?

No, I meant that my explanation was superficial.
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Oops, made another mistake:

Are you saying you think atheists really are heartless and don't care about the true?

No.

Why value blind faith? What is the virtue in following something without reason? If there is a reason to follow, that can be presented before believing. Asking for faith is asking for one to remain ignorant. No self respecting person should ever subject themselves to such a thing.

If God wants us to believe in him, he can respect us and tell us why. He can stop hiding and requiring us to purposefully believe in his existence without reason. By asking for our faith, he disrespects both parties.

I'm not going to answer right now because I'm not in the mood for a debate. Maybe later (prolly not).
Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

^quit doing this. Stop jumping out of debates just because it isn't going your way. It's unprofessional, and it just makes your argument look weak. Please, let this thread die, it has served it's purpose.

-Blade

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

I really don't care if Internet people look at me as 'unprofessional'.

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

I mean, I appreciate that you're trying to help me. I do, but it's not very important to me how I'm seen in here. Especially because I'm almost never on.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

I really don't care if Internet people look at me as 'unprofessional'.

just keep on walking. you walked out and didn't want to think out it. no need for this after-rambling when the debate isn't finished.
people can learn from other people but only if they are willing to listen and think about it.
your not willing to think about it. so we have no need to tell you anything.
we dont really care that your close minded, it's just a pity we have spended time on you. whit the turnout that you dont want to think out it.
what a waste of time.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

I mean, I appreciate that you're trying to help me. I do, but it's not very important to me how I'm seen in here. Especially because I'm almost never on.

Is the truth important to you? Because believing something on faith or flimsy reasoning is no way to go about it.
P0rchm0nkey
P0rchm0nkey
5 posts
Nomad

I have friends who are mormon. The have strong family morals. No big deal to me, I have friends who are Muslim too and atheists and even liberals. It's all fine with me just don't push it on me an we are all good is how I see it/

Showing 121-132 of 132