ForumsPopular MediaFavourite Song of all time

8 5055
tkmax2499
tkmax2499
12 posts
Nomad

I honestly can't say what mine is. At the moment its Dakota by Stereophonics but that will probably change in a couple of weeks.

• 8 Replies
bingu77788
bingu77788
464 posts
Peasant

Mines is Fireflies from Owl City, But I do like It Will Rain from Bruno Mars

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Man. Tough question here. Well if you went by what I will randomly sing than I believe that Call Me Maybe would win. However as catchy as the song is it doesn't really speak to me. You might think that the two songs on my about are my favorite but while they are good songs they are not my favorite. So what is my favorite? I would have to pick two. Luckily they are both by the same group. The songs are "Kiss Goodnight" and "Dancing Away with My Heart". Both are by the group Lady Antebellum. So why are these songs better to me than all the other songs out there. They seem to speak to me. It gets a bit personal though so I do not want to go into details.

chaos77788
chaos77788
6 posts
Nomad

I love grenades by Bruno Mars

NemNems
NemNems
6 posts
Nomad

Well, it's hard to choose a favourite song. And anyway, we usually classify things, but it's not always a good thing. The fact to decide : "I will take less pleasure in listening this song more than this one" is a little bit disabling.
You sometimes have to forget all of that to take more pleasure. So personally, I will just tell 5-6 songs that are a little bit higher than others in my opinion.
I think I prefer a little "The past is a grotesque animal" by Of Montreal, because even if the beat is a little bit under the others, the lyrics are the most incredible I've ever heard. Some lines are so awesome that it makes it even more transcendent than a good beat.
Then, I would say :
- Again, by Archive (Great lyrics)
- Hurt, Cover of Nine inch nails by Johnny Cash. (Great lyrics)
- Creep, by Radiohead (Great lyrics). Not because of the chorus, but because of an incredible moment, a little bit before the end, that isn't so known by the public.
- Can't stop me now, remix by The bloody betroots.

All these songs, apart from "Can't stop me now" are a combination between a great beat and great lyrics.

Finally, I will just mention some songs by dEUS. I Love them a lot, but I love this band so much, that I think my opinion is biased on that. (Just in case you want to listen to them, remember that the beggining of their songs are usually boring, but there's a nice crescendo, and their finals can be awesome).

-The magic hour (wait the final)
-Instant street (The only song that's not sad in my favourites, with "Can't stop me now&quot
-One advice, space (No interest if you don't listen to the lyrics).

I love Gimme the heat and Bad Timing too. (for the final.

I'm done, sorry to be so long. But now, I know what I can answer the next time someone ask me the same thing

rocky10199
rocky10199
70 posts
Peasant

I agree with creep having exceptional lyrics, although in terms of lyrical content i personally believe Imagine (John Lennon) to be the best.

However overall (musical and lyrical content) i believe Champagne Supernova (Oasis) to be the best.

ChronicFrost
ChronicFrost
14 posts
Nomad

Jumper- by oasis

ChronicFrost
ChronicFrost
14 posts
Nomad

sorry i meant by third eye blind

theawesomnator
theawesomnator
56 posts
Nomad

One of my favorite songs is "Don't You Cry No More" by Kansas. That song is so cool! Especially in Supernatural!

Showing 1-8 of 8