ForumsProgramming ForumRoyal Quest

8 6634
codyrousseau
codyrousseau
62 posts
Blacksmith

Hi I made this game and would like some opinions on it.
Please play through it as far as you would like. Then give the following:
Good thing about the game.
Something that could be improved.
A rating.
Then feel free to comment whatever. Here is the link.
[url=https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B63k5Cx2MUgqSFFvSUQzWlQ0em8/edit]

• 8 Replies
codyrousseau
codyrousseau
62 posts
Blacksmith

link fix:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B63k5Cx2MUgqSFFvSUQzWlQ0em8/edit

Carnage1995
Carnage1995
97 posts
Nomad

Trying it out now. Looking forward to it. Say, you having already made a game, do you have any advice for me? I can't do much now as I don't have the full version. But I think I may buy it. It's quite an investment though, so I'm gonna see if I like it first.

Carnage1995
Carnage1995
97 posts
Nomad

Okay. The player picture is too big, what's worse, the font is on top of it, so it's impossible to see most of your stats. There is no enemy picture or enemy stats, add that. There's also a spelling error in The Barron's first or second line. This seems pretty decent so far, add more stuff like maps, crafting, more weapons, etc.. And I would buy this from you. I'm sure many others would too. If they're into these kinds of games.

codyrousseau
codyrousseau
62 posts
Blacksmith

Thank you for your feedback. You'll understand the value of feedback once
you make your own game(s).
The player picture is supposed to be that big, and the stats are supposed to overlap the player like that. I found it interesting, and since I used an old version of this software for this particular game I cannot change that. Enemy stats are not meant to be seen, and what do you mean by enemy picture?
Thank you for finding the spelling error. I am fixing it as I am typing this.
I appreciate that you would buy this, but I am nonprofit as of now.
I will add more maps and features in the next game I create.

codyrousseau
codyrousseau
62 posts
Blacksmith

[quote]Trying it out now. Looking forward to it. Say, you having already made a game, do you have any advice for me?

I do have advice for you, and a good amount at that.
First off, make the investment. This is a simple yet effective program. Google rpg maker and you will find it.
Next everyone is a critic. Don't give up on the game just because someone says it is bad. I have had plenty of people say it is good and plenty say it is bad. You will never be able to please everyone. No matter how hard you try.
Finally, make sure you look into tutorials and the help document that comes with the program. Youtube has plenty of tutorials that can help. Do not be lazy with the game; I payed dearly for being lazy when I was first making this game. Understand the programs potential and its mechanics, that will come in handy.

codyrousseau
codyrousseau
62 posts
Blacksmith

LINK FIX 2
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B63k5Cx2MUgqSFFvSUQzWlQ0em8/edit

Carnage1995
Carnage1995
97 posts
Nomad

I'm following through tutorial now and getting basic shops set up.

By enemy picture I meant a picture like the one the character has that overlaps on the stats.

And I just may buy this. Using Lite for now, gotta save up $70.

codyrousseau
codyrousseau
62 posts
Blacksmith

Nice.
I had to save 70 at the time too that is why I have one of the old versions but I also have the 70 dollar one, and you are not meant to see the enemy's health.

Showing 1-8 of 8