Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

suicide

Posted Apr 24, '13 at 4:26pm

Zamiel

Zamiel

142 posts

well there we go again, excuse me once more for making my uhm bad english sound things different than what i intended to say.
(no sarcasm i'm honestly sorry)

Posted Apr 24, '13 at 4:49pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,019 posts

excuse me once more for making my uhm bad english sound things different than what i intended to say.

Is this to me?

If so..your English is actually quite fine, first off. Second, I wasn't arguing with you or anything..just stating that I'd view suicide more as a tragic thing than a horrible one..calling it horrible makes it sound insidious, in my opinion

Posted Apr 24, '13 at 5:06pm

Zamiel

Zamiel

142 posts

yes it was to you, and honestly with horrible i meant it in a way as something that shouldn't happen. Horrible as in it's horrible that some people must endure something that, together with other factors might cause them to end their life.

It saddens me that people commit suicide but i do admit that i can, in a way understand that they considered it the right thing to do. I'm not saying it was the right thing, nor will i say it was wrong it was their decision and no matter what it took a decent amount of bravery to carry it out.

Posted Apr 24, '13 at 8:47pm

KnightDeclan

KnightDeclan

487 posts

[i]Got any evidence, even scripture, that supports this?[i]
Actually, if you die with mortal sin on your soul, you go to hell, and killing is a mortal sin.

Posted Apr 24, '13 at 8:48pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,471 posts

Actually, if you die with mortal sin on your soul, you go to hell, and killing is a mortal sin.

That's nice. Now could you answer his question? Where's your evidence, or even scripture passage, which says this?

Posted Apr 25, '13 at 5:21am

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,922 posts

and killing is a mortal sin.

Then why was it ordered by God plenty of times?

Posted Apr 25, '13 at 5:23am

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,922 posts

To further the point more on-topic, Samson is venerated in the New Testament for his faithful suicide in which he kills thousands.

Posted Apr 25, '13 at 9:31am

KnightDeclan

KnightDeclan

487 posts

God can kill,and order to kill. We as humans can't  do it.  Obviously you are atheist, so I can't argue with you.  You're just going to be ignorant.  The freakin 5th commandment is "Thou shall not kill"

Posted Apr 25, '13 at 12:34pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,471 posts

God can kill,and order to kill.

How is it right for God to kill people?

The freakin 5th commandment is "Thou shall not kill"

See -> "Samson is venerated in the New Testament for his faithful suicide in which he kills thousands."

Posted Apr 25, '13 at 12:44pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,922 posts

God can kill,and order to kill. We as humans can't  do it.

God did NOT kill Samson, God did NOT order Samson to commit suicide, yet he's honored for it.

Reply to suicide

You must be logged in to post a reply!