ForumsForum GamesBronze Labrynth [RPG]

368 79871
Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

First and foremost, No swearing or anything inappropriate, Really, its not much to ask.

Bronze Labyrinth

Your are a robot, epicene (genderless) in most cases, vaguely humanoid, large dextrous hands and feet with rubber grip, smooth bronze skin with small gaps at joints revealing a black clockwork like interior, riddled with wires. You have blue lights representing eyes, your actual vision comes from a small black camera on your forehead. You have a small slit for a mouth which can speak in a basic CPU Language.
You are not water-proof, you must sleep an hour every once in a while for self repair on small things inside your body such as artificial metal muscles and internal leaks of Pnuema (your life-blood)

You are a puzzle bot, designed following regulations to enter the competition.
'Bronze Labyrinth' the first robot to reach the end of the trapped maze wins its owner millions of dollars and fame as a technician. But all you are aware of is that you must finish the labyrinth. Your life will be complete if you do. Friendships, Alliances may be made, but when you and they stands at the exit gate, it is free-for-all.

Name : (E.G. Cognizant1, Primus, Septimus, Torren)
Styling : Do you have fake hair? A different eye color? Perhaps you are embellished with a strange alphabet you cannot read (English, Japanese, Etc), painted, Are your proportionally different? (Appearing more male of female)
Ability1 : Faster repair (30 minute sleep), Water Proof, Hand Contact-Tazer (effects traps and other competitors), Extra pair of arms, Enhanced Speed (Jumping, dodging, etc)
Ability2 : Key-Type-1, Key-Type-2, Water-Proof, Trap-Awareness (it only makes sense when it happens), Metal-Metabolism (Eat broken trap fragments and metal units to heal.)
HP ; 100/100
Inflictions : Recently-Rebooted (Wares off eventually, disables some powers)

• 368 Replies
Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

(bump....do people bump on these forums?)

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Name : Eazilrym
Styling : Kinda dented in places, also rusty.
Ability1 : Hand Contact-Tazer
Ability2 : Metal-Metabolism
HP ; 100/100

Tossavainen
Tossavainen
402 posts
Peasant

Name : Neon-0
Styling : Bright green lights as eyes and a little bit of dim green glow between the joints. Darker silver skin (although only painted, still bronze) and a slimmer body type than the regular bots.
Ability1 : Enhanced Speed
Ability2 : Water-Proof
HP ; 100/100

This actually caught my interest now that I had time to read it. I shall give it a go.

(bump....do people bump on these forums?)

Yeah, I've seen some bumping before, but if your game doesn't get a lot of attention you should just let it go instead of bumping it. Still, A couple bumps here and there don't hurt if your players have forgotten to post for example.
Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

Ability1 : Hand Contact-Tazer (Calibrating, Recently-Rebooted)
Ability2 : Metal-Metabolism (Inactive, Recently Rebooted)
HP ; 100/100
Inflictions : Recently-Rebooted

(I didn't know Bronze Rusted Lord-Of-Tiki :P (Note: I know this guy))

Your vision flickers, a whirring sounds signals your muscles warming up. The pair of black raven wings with the writing 'Icarus Incorporated' circling it appear in your vision block. Pnuema-Diagnostics shows you are running at 90% capacity, the grey bolt of Zeus symbol tells you that your Taser is still being calibrated. You stand up jerkily and face three bronze doors, the only noticeable features in this empty bronze cell. A raspy chittering comes from either the middle or left door, and the right door has a Type-2 Lock.

*.*.*

Styling : Bright green lights as eyes and a little bit of dim green glow between the joints. Darker silver skin (although only painted, still bronze) and a slimmer body type than the regular bots.
Ability1 : Enhanced Speed (Slightly Unreliable currently. Due to Recent-Rebooting)
HP ; 100/100

Your vision activates instantly, followed by a slow increase of green light. The world around you is illuminated. A splash of liquid falls in your vision, and coalesces to be a cross section of Earth. Its just a brand icon. Bold letters proclaim. 'Geo Core Technology' , The brand icon moves to the side and is replaced by the standard Pnuema-Diagnostics. You have no damage, but the Red silhouette of you running displays that your Geo-Hydraulic systems is adjusting to the atmosphere.
As you gaze around you realized you are in the middle of a long corridor. One corridor seems to slant downward slightly, while the other has a slight curve too it.

*.*.*

(Key-Type-1 and Key-Type-2 means your hand can by some means Disable certain locks, which other Bronze-Bots would have to find a key-attachment for.
Sorry, wasn't sure I should do your intro until you choose your second power.)

Tossavainen
Tossavainen
402 posts
Peasant

Ability1 : Enhanced Speed (Slightly Unreliable currently. Due to Recent-Rebooting)
HP ; 100/100

Very nice writing, I'm liking it so far.

2 ways and only so little difference between that it could be a test of ones personality or logical thinking. But my recently-rebooted bot doesn't feel like doing such complicated thinking quite yet, so to it, a choice may be as easy as going left or right. Well let's just start moving towards the curved corridor, slowly as to not strain my settling hydraulics or any of that.

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

HP ; 100/100

The path seemed to lead about a Semicircle. Two doors on either side a dead end with a Blue seven sides star symbol on the wall. Rasping from the Left door and the Right seems not describe in any way, although it is perhaps set slightly lower than one would expect. The Sound of rushing water suddenly came from behind back down the hall.

(Sry, in a hurry)

Tossavainen
Tossavainen
402 posts
Peasant

HP ; 100/100

Rushing water? Good thing I'm water-proof. Let's go with the right door.

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

HP ; 100/100
Inflictions :

You open the door with a swipe of your hand over the Acti-Pad, the door slides open revealing a large rectangular room, the floor is a grate littered with pieces of robots who had drowned, then been crumpled by the pressure of rushing water. As the realization that the door behind you hadn't closed, and that water, at least this water still remained a danger to you set in, not draining your Pnuema but flattening you. It chills you to your Neural-Emulator, The Silhouette of you running pulses and changes green. The door with the rasping coming from behind it seems your only chance. Unless maybe a human could say 'Out of the frying pan and into the fire' , But the chance might be all you've got, Unless...there is a metal ladder going up the wall opposite you, But are its corroded bars able to hold your weight?.

*.*.*

Name : 6lad B0y
Styling : New and shiny. You could say I'm a bit of a youngster robot.
Ability1 :Extra pair of arms,
HP ; 100/100

Four stylized Japanese characters enter your vision screen, the lines distorted they appear as ninja, two one either side scale an oriental palace. The sun rises behind the palace illuminating it, and the Ninja straighten into undistorted poses. And flash, having turned metal. Kyūden kigyŠ, Palace Enterprises. As your vision camera activates you automatically show of a fighting style, punching away illusory monsters, a serpent, giant praying mantis and an Oni, Your two pairs of arms quickly lay each monstrosity at the ground before you. The Japanese version of the Pnuema-Diagnostics shows you to be operational. Save your ability to eat metal.

You are in a long metal corridor, One side curves and slants upward, the other curves and has a pile of metal bits partway down it, usable to open some Metal-Bit-Cost locks and in your case, edible. A holding slot in your arm opens. You hear a nearby surge of water to the wall left of you, and the distant metallic rasping.

Tossavainen
Tossavainen
402 posts
Peasant

HP ; 100/100
Inflictions :

In that case, I feel as though I should take my chances with the other door.. But then again I don't know what could be behind it... Ok, I decide to rush through the other door, trying out my freshly activated speed ability.

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

HP ; 100/100
Inflictions :

You turn on the dime and leap at the other door. And enter without a second glance, the door closes behind you not a moment too soon, water squirts in around the rim, but the pressure is dulled to that of a garden hose. A plastic seal on the door had fallen away as it was opened from the other side. You turn and find yourself in a room full of silver metallic Lemmings (gerbils, rodents anyway.) with bright red lights for eyes and crazy sharp Saber-Teeth, they all look at you snarling simultaneously, some red text flashes in your vision block. 'L-0 mundr' it says before fading away. The nearest ones edge away from the waters spray, which evaporates when it nears your joints, so you have a form of safety, for now.

HP ; 100/100

The moment you approach the mount of glittering metal, a sprinkled pipe springs up from the middle of the pile and squirts you with a splash of water, it hits one of your legs and you feel the Pnuema in it discharging, the feeling of unlife disturbs you greatly, moments before the Water-Trap sends another pulse of water at you, you swing an arm and crumple the pipe to survive instinctively.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

HP ; 100/100

"Snap, three lucky doors, looks like I have to make a decision."

I'm going to chose the middle door.

ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

I'll just join.

name: Titan-703
styling: red arms, orange eyes, somewhat rusty.
Ability1: Vorpal Hand (sword arm)
Ability2: hair that turns into arms that can grow and shrink
HP: 100/100
Inflictions: recently rebooted

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

HP ; 87/100
Inflictions : Moist

As you enter the Metal pieces into the slot on your arm, the Pnuema-Diagnostics show you a report of damages done by the trap. The two paths either side of you still stand as choices. one rising, the other you are already partway through.

*.*.*

HP ; 100/100

You open the middle door and find yourself staring into a bronze cupboard, a type-1 key stares back at you. To your right, the door from which the rasping emanated, your hear a hiss of a door opening and closing then splashing, and an increase in Rasping volume.

[Regret to inform you that the Ability's listed are not samples but choices, Ironblade -.- , while to sate your want of a blade, I can inform you, that the next player to become registered will appear near a some form of robot armory, be it a single plasma blade, a stock-hold or something involving a puzzle and the prize.]

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

HP ; 100/100

I'll take the key and try the door that isn't making horrible rasping noises.

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

HP ; 87/100
Inflictions : Moist

You walk down the path, more splashing sounds can be heard in the distance. You approach a door you recognize as one way, And once withing range, you step on the motion-sensor pad which opens the door, on the ground rather than beside it on the wall. If opens and you stand facing another robot, It is dented and rusty, and is in the act of holding a type-one key towards you.

*.*.*

Ability1 : Hand Contact-Tazer
HP ; 100/100
Inflictions :

You walk over too the right holding the key towards the magnetic lock, it shifted away from your hand and tucks into the door with a click, the door opens, and you find yourself wearing a shiny bronze robot with two pairs of arms

Showing 1-15 of 368