ForumsNews and FeedbackWhy don't make a live chat?

5 3609
bingu77788
bingu77788
464 posts
Peasant

If you already visited [url=http://kongregate.com] it has live chat. In AG only MMO can chat, and only certain games. Why dont make the live chat so we can discuss [b]and play at the same time?

• 5 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

It's been suggested in the past and was under consideration the last time I saw.

The main issue that was brought up about this was moderation. How are they going to monitor the chats? The moderator team isn't large and surely it'd be too much for them to monitor the forum, game comments, and a chat/several chats.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Post got cut off, it's late and I didn't notice, so continuing:

Some users mentioned implementing chat moderators, separate from the current moderators, but Cormyn (an administrator at the time) didn't agree with the idea and some moderators didn't either. I don't remember the exact reasons why, but having chat moderators sounds like a practical idea. It'd lighten the load of what they'd have to do. Similar to what Kongregate does, they have chat specific and forum moderators and that looks to be doing well.

bingu77788
bingu77788
464 posts
Peasant

It would be easier if AG had moderators. But what about in mystic guardians? that game has live chat.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

AG has moderators, but I don't think enough to monitor several chat rooms. Also, MMOs aren't controlled by AG. If there's a chat within, they can't do anything about it.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Well, not entirely no, but... whenever a user is misbehaving in a MMO chat and a user reports them with proof, we can always address that user here on the website of course. =)

As for the live chat here... I'm sure it is still under consideration, but it takes time AND enough people to monitor of course. Patience is all we can have here.

Showing 1-5 of 5