ForumsGamesYour favorite piece of game weaponry

23 6856
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Hey everyone!

This thread will revolve around virtual weapons. I mean:

What would be your favorite weapon from games?

Yeah! Exactly! I'd like to know what gun you like the most from any shooting game - from Call of Duty to Counter Strike, from Borderlands to Halo.

I'd just like if you remembered guns from games other than CoD, or else this would become a CoD-only thread, and CoD has a thread of it's own already.

Don't forget to include both firearms and melee weapons.

And don't forget IRL guns can be dangerous...

Anyways, my favorite weapons in-game are many.

In WWII-based shooters, I love the Kar98k - specially in Call of Duty 3. Actually, I like nearly every bolt-action, no-scope rifle from WWII games. And that includes the Kar98k, the Lee Enfield, the Arisaka, the Carcano and the Type 36. But that like doesn't seem to follow to newer timelines: BO2's Ballista with iron sight sucks too much.

I also have a personal like towards pistols and revolvers. Counter Strike 1.6's Desert Eagle, P228 and Five-seveN are great, while Killing Floor's .44 Magnum and MK23 are very effective to slay zombies. Not forgetting Resident Evil 4's Red9 and CoD Zombies mode's Python/Cobra.

Ah, the BO2's Executioner also rocks.

About assault rifles, I like Battlefield 3's/BO2's AN-94, Counter Strike 1.6's IDF Defender ("Galil&quot and AK-47 and the MP-44 from WWII-based games.

While in the shotguns department, most Remington 870 appearances are quite reliable - specially in the PS2 shooter "Black" - along with the KSG.

Among the Sub-machine guns, I like CS 1.6's UMP, WWII-based MP40, Black Ops II's MSMC and Vector, Killing Floor's MP7, MP5 and MAC-10 - with a quirky capability of shooting fire bullets when in the right perk.

About swords and the like, TES V: Skyrim's Skyforge Steel Greatsword is a good one, specially because it's for free and has a reasonable strenght. The Silver Greatsword is also something good to carry around, as well, as it has special powers against undead enemies, common in Skyrim. Their fireballs staff is also good.

So, what about you?

~sorry if this has been more CoDly I thought it would be u.u~

• 23 Replies
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Cattleman revolver in RDR. The ultimate tool for a cowboy.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

portal gun.

no question that this is the best gun ever.

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

I'm going to have to choose the disc launcher from the Tribes series. Think of it as a low-velocity rocket launcher. It's enjoyment is purely based on your skill and creativity.

rick073
rick073
2,754 posts
Peasant

The shuriken/lightning gun from Painkiller. No question, best gun ever.

Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Cattleman revolver in RDR. The ultimate tool for a cowboy.

Wow, it sounds very reliable.

portal gun.

no question that this is the best gun ever.

I've never actually played Portal, but it does sound awesome. I'd love to have one of those.

I'm going to have to choose the disc launcher from the Tribes series. Think of it as a low-velocity rocket launcher. It's enjoyment is purely based on your skill and creativity.

It seems pretty modern if you ask me. ^^

The shuriken/lightning gun from Painkiller. No question, best gun ever.

A shuriken gun?! Whoa! That sounds gruesome! o.O

Stopped by to add some weapons to my favorite's list. The fighting game Soul Calibur III has some awesome weapons. Soul Edge - a morphing, evil sword - has a tremendous amount of damage, while draining health points. Soul Calibur itself - which is one of my favorite weapons in this game, just behind a dual kunai named Shutensou - is the opposite, being a morphing good sword with a tremendous amount of defense and healing capabilities.

Other in-game weapons are also amazing. A katana named Masamune has high damage, a chinese blade named "Bonebreaker Sword" has healing capabilities and high strength... and there are many other weapons who appeal to me there.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

I've never actually played Portal

your missing out on something
Suren727
Suren727
11 posts
Peasant

Spartan Laser.

thugtastic
thugtastic
162 posts
Peasant

The Eridian Shotgun from Borderlands I, I have one with 456x12 I think it is freakin awesome

thugtastic
thugtastic
162 posts
Peasant

Or the Combat knife from MW2 with Commando Pro because you could stab people from 20 ft. it is ridiculous.

FinnDragon
FinnDragon
993 posts
Blacksmith

For melee weapons, i would say Gravity hammer from Halo-series. It is melee, but it has splashing damage XD And it uses lesser energy ("ammo&quot than enegry sword, another melee weapon from halo.
For explosives, i would choose fuel rod gun from Halo-series.It has 5 shots per clip, auto(!) and in Halo 3 and halo Reach it has 25 max ammo. Yes, individual shot from rocket launcher or Spartan laser deals more damage, but with 25 ammo, you can do same damage...

ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

The best melee weapon is the (True) Master Sword from LoZ. The best firearm is the Flamerunner from Mario Kart Wii. It shoots shells.

Vagueshade
Vagueshade
83 posts
Peasant

Kayblade!

No one, just me?

Okay...

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

The bane (I think.... its been a while) from borderlands 2. I just started laughing once I got it in that one mission. Not spoiling anything about it, otherwise it isnt funny.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Anything Legend of Zelda basically. But if I had to choose my top 10 it would be:

Master Sword, from Skyward Sword, its just so awesome. It doesn't just slice things, it also sends out a wave of light that will cut your enemies down like bamboo.

Zora mask, from Majora's Mask. Swimming and attacking? That's just plain awesome.

Light arrows, from Ocarina and Majora. I love those arrows. If I ever had that weapon I would run around murdering people, or blind them either way.

Bomb plants, from every game. The reason I chose this one is because you can get by with these anywhere. There's no amount of security that will stop you from bringing one of these babies.

Ocarina. Not a real weapon correct. But I remember from Majora's Mask that if you play a certain song, you can spawn these giant creature things. And when I say giant, I certainly mean giant. Plus how cool would controlling weather and time be?

Grapple. I always remember this being my favorite item on Zelda. This weapon is just fun, that's all I have to say about it.

Loftwing, from Skyward Sword. Again not a true weapon. But it can attack, and how fun would flying on one of these be?

The three faries, from Phantom Hourglass. Of course you would neef a sword for 2 of the faries, but just imagine. Your sword on fire, more hearts, or light beams in real life.

Bomb mask, from Majora's Mask. This was just a fun one. You put an actual bomb on your face and you can run around blowing up your enemies. But there was a catch to this, since its also on your face, that means you'll lose health when you use it. So is it really worth it? Hell yeah explosions who doesn't like those?

And finally the last one which is the whip from Skyward Sword. Its just a regular whip but still pretty cool.

And just to tell you guys, this is in no particular order.

sweettanner
sweettanner
46 posts
Nomad

M14 EBR from Medal of Honor. Also, any M1 Grand

Showing 1-15 of 23