ForumsGamesYour favorite piece of game weaponry

23 6848
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Hey everyone!

This thread will revolve around virtual weapons. I mean:

What would be your favorite weapon from games?

Yeah! Exactly! I'd like to know what gun you like the most from any shooting game - from Call of Duty to Counter Strike, from Borderlands to Halo.

I'd just like if you remembered guns from games other than CoD, or else this would become a CoD-only thread, and CoD has a thread of it's own already.

Don't forget to include both firearms and melee weapons.

And don't forget IRL guns can be dangerous...

Anyways, my favorite weapons in-game are many.

In WWII-based shooters, I love the Kar98k - specially in Call of Duty 3. Actually, I like nearly every bolt-action, no-scope rifle from WWII games. And that includes the Kar98k, the Lee Enfield, the Arisaka, the Carcano and the Type 36. But that like doesn't seem to follow to newer timelines: BO2's Ballista with iron sight sucks too much.

I also have a personal like towards pistols and revolvers. Counter Strike 1.6's Desert Eagle, P228 and Five-seveN are great, while Killing Floor's .44 Magnum and MK23 are very effective to slay zombies. Not forgetting Resident Evil 4's Red9 and CoD Zombies mode's Python/Cobra.

Ah, the BO2's Executioner also rocks.

About assault rifles, I like Battlefield 3's/BO2's AN-94, Counter Strike 1.6's IDF Defender ("Galil&quot and AK-47 and the MP-44 from WWII-based games.

While in the shotguns department, most Remington 870 appearances are quite reliable - specially in the PS2 shooter "Black" - along with the KSG.

Among the Sub-machine guns, I like CS 1.6's UMP, WWII-based MP40, Black Ops II's MSMC and Vector, Killing Floor's MP7, MP5 and MAC-10 - with a quirky capability of shooting fire bullets when in the right perk.

About swords and the like, TES V: Skyrim's Skyforge Steel Greatsword is a good one, specially because it's for free and has a reasonable strenght. The Silver Greatsword is also something good to carry around, as well, as it has special powers against undead enemies, common in Skyrim. Their fireballs staff is also good.

So, what about you?

~sorry if this has been more CoDly I thought it would be u.u~

• 23 Replies
ChromeDeathRazor
ChromeDeathRazor
437 posts
Farmer

The Plasma cutter from Dead Space. Nice little gun that can be rotated 90 degrees and I like the sound it makes when it fires and it looks pretty cool being a makeshift weapon.

But however, I kind of would replace it if I get stronger guns from the game like the pulse rifle or the flamethrower... It's not that strong against hordes of necromorphs but its good at saving ammo and cutting up limbs.

The bane (I think.... its been a while) from borderlands 2. I just started laughing once I got it in that one mission. Not spoiling anything about it, otherwise it isnt funny.

Ha! That gun... That stupid little thing. It's darn powerful but that little bugger of a gun is too annoying for me... I liked its damage but the slow-down and the midget voice bugs me off... But it's still good for second winds tho.

By the way, the best weapon for Borderlands 2 is the B!tch Hyperion SMG. The Crit hit damage is too darn strong and the accuracy is a hell of a monster. Combined with The Bee and Zer0, it's broken.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Oh yeah, I also like the infinite pistol. That's pretty awesome.
I don't really like to use the bane much, it was just funny the first time around

bschnauzer7
bschnauzer7
290 posts
Scribe

My favorite video game gun is the Kalina Ann from Devil May Cry, because who doesn't love rocket launchers with blades on the end.

My favorite melee weapon would have to be the Four Sword from Legend of Zelda, because it's pretty much the same as the Master Sword except it gives you 3 clone minions to help you kill stuff.

Ningakilla
Ningakilla
64 posts
Nomad

My favorite melee weapon from video games is a dual-bladed lightsaber, like the one Darth Maul carries. I use a customized one for my character in SWTOR.

My favorite ranged weapon would have to be the Evangelizer in Dead Space 3. A carbine on top of a shotgun. What's not to love? I also like my Pulse Rifle with a cryogenic flamethrower on the bottom. I love weapon the customization in that game.

portarto
portarto
87 posts
Herald

Gravity gun from Half-Life 2 is the most unique and exciting weapon so I'd say that and Portal gun.

light_chaser
light_chaser
1,044 posts
Peasant

my seriously OP bow I made in minecraft.

I was trolling my friend as herobrine...

wflag10
wflag10
1,269 posts
Nomad

Rock-It Launcher from Fallout 3. I mean who doesn't like killing Talon Company with propelled teddy bears?

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

I mean who doesn't like killing Talon Company with propelled teddy bears?

Psh..simple grenades all the way!

Or the "Will probably only have use 1 or 2 times" atomic bomb launcher
Showing 16-23 of 23