Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

Let's Critique! (or probably not)

Posted Feb 17, '13 at 9:29pm

Hectichermit

Hectichermit

1,219 posts

Knight

MOER COLOR!, do this either darken the background a bit with violets and purples, maybe a touch of blue (Bluuuuuuue sparkles O.o) use some more yellows and whites in the lighter areas of the colossus thingy. Use some dark yellows/browns, maybe some red browns in the creases, define the edges a bit more here and there.

Main problem has been mentioned it the lack of contrast and definition of the form, I suggest increasing the purple to yellow ratio because they are great at contrasting each other (O.O get a color wheel! and use it :P)

Posted Feb 17, '13 at 10:12pm

Bronze

Bronze

2,337 posts

For Hec, a spoon in love.

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss282/BronzeCAE09/536FCBCF-C4B4-48AC-AEF5-8FE177FDED43-12652-00000C75D01AACAD.jpg

Posted Feb 18, '13 at 12:24am

Devoidless

Devoidless

3,553 posts

I knew instantly what you were doing a drawing of. That's, what? The first colossus you battle? Think so.

The only thing that threw me off was the lack of vegetation 'fur' on it. As such, it looks super naked and one-dimensional. You already mentioned that you wished you had a reference photo when drawing it, so you know. Not a big deal really.

As far as the shadows go, it would have to be a very odd kind of lighting to have those certain areas in shadow. Light-source is in the upper-left behind the head it looks. So looking at it, I would think that the right side of the face would need a little more shading there.
I might be wrong on this, because looking at it know it might also be elsewhere. Hmm.

Eyes are fine to me, because when you finally slay a colossus, don't the eyes go dark? I think they do.

That's all I got right now.

Posted Feb 18, '13 at 7:45am

GandalftheGrey666

GandalftheGrey666

1,791 posts

That volcano guy that you drawed, didn't even look like a volcano.It looked like some kind of weird tiki dude with juice coming out of his head.Aldo, I like the squirel boy with the mask.You have a little problem with shadows, like others mentioned.The lips on the fork could be done a lot better, and I like the crack on the spoon.And I need to ask you, is that spoon a Redneck?

Posted Feb 18, '13 at 8:56pm

Bronze

Bronze

2,337 posts

For Voidy, a crinkle fry covered in ketchup.

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss282/BronzeCAE09/E86DF550-2117-4DF5-9501-E1071D1A618B-13158-00000CE30271FD9C.jpg

Gandalf gets a dingus fish.

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss282/BronzeCAE09/A83069CB-A688-4781-BB2C-0C07BCA82393-13158-00000CE30C2F6F1E.jpg

@Voidy, it's the third colossus.

Posted Feb 20, '13 at 9:36am

thoadthetoad

thoadthetoad

5,439 posts

The third colossus has a strange placement for the eyes, doesn't it? In fact, the dark eyes in general throw it all off. Everything has a sort of dream-like depth and shade to it, but the eyes have no transition from the rest of the piece at all. It reminds me how when you draw a moustache on something in paint, it looks so positively in-your-face because there's nothing between the pure blackness of the moustache from the rest of the piece. The eyes also have a weird position on it, because of the position it's in. From the base of the neck things, the "camera angle" is moreso looking down upon it, but the eyes are glaring right back at the audience. It's like the face is tilted upwards, but the head shows no sign of tilting backward.

I still like the job you did with the neck shapes, though. It all looks unified. If it wasn't a colossus, it'd make for a neat looking building.

Reply to Let's Critique! (or probably not)

You must be logged in to post a reply!