Forums

ForumsVideo Games

Good Gaming Laptop <$1500

Posted Feb 18, '13 at 12:19am

thugtastic

thugtastic

164 posts

Hey guys I am looking for a good gaming laptop that can be used for stuff like Microsoft Word and basic office stuff too. It has to be

Posted Feb 18, '13 at 7:35pm

Gamer_Cale

Gamer_Cale

1,414 posts

You need to give us more to go on then you want to play games on it and use Microsoft word and office like what sort of games are you looking to play and how high do you want the settings to be on them?

Posted Feb 19, '13 at 7:30am

partydevil

partydevil

5,109 posts

gaming laptop?
thats like a PC console?

i suggest to not buy a laptop but a desktop.
a laptop you can hardly update hardware when it gets old.
after some time you wont be able to play all the games anymore. and then you need to buy another laptop.

whit a desktop you can always update your hardware so it can keep playing the latest games.

thats why a PC is better then a laptop or consoles.

Posted Feb 19, '13 at 8:28pm

thugtastic

thugtastic

164 posts

You need to give us more to go on then you want to play games on it and use Microsoft word and office like what sort of games are you looking to play and how high do you want the settings to be on them?

I want to play stuff like TF2 and maybe a bit of CoD(sorry) at a pretty high fps and quality.

i suggest to not buy a laptop but a desktop.
a laptop you can hardly update hardware when it gets old.
after some time you wont be able to play all the games anymore. and then you need to buy another laptop.

I need it to be portable sorry.

Posted Feb 19, '13 at 9:35pm

sweettanner

sweettanner

36 posts

Look for a I7 processor and no less than 6gb of ram.

Posted Feb 19, '13 at 9:46pm

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,255 posts

I need it to be portable sorry.

I suggest you buy a laptop that will not cost you a lot of money. somewhere around the 300-600$ range. Because it's a waste to buy laptops nowadays for gaming. The hardware gets outdated evenetually and you can't change them.

You could always look for a small PC too. Ik Alienware is overrated but the ''new'' 700-1200$ PC is nice and small like a console, and you can update the hardware or whatever. Though I wouldn-t buy it myself anyways.. xD

Posted Feb 20, '13 at 5:44am

partydevil

partydevil

5,109 posts

Look for a I7 processor

I7 processor from a date after june 2011.
these are the new serie of I processors. a I7 from befor this date is as good as a I3 from after this date.

good luck

it's a waste to buy laptops nowadays for gaming.

^word.

Posted Feb 20, '13 at 11:20am

xNightwish

xNightwish

1,560 posts

You could always look for a small PC too. Ik Alienware is overrated but the ''new'' 700-1200$ PC is nice and small like a console, and you can update the hardware or whatever. Though I wouldn-t buy it myself anyways.. xD

I wouldn't suggest this because from my experience a small pc case with high-end gear can get heating problems very easily.

Posted Feb 22, '13 at 11:34am

rtewre123

rtewre123

1 post

Currently, the most cost effective gaming laptop that will also on high settings smoothly the games you've mentioned is the Lenovo Y500 with an SLI of GT 650M. The performance is something above GTX 670MX in most cases.

Posted Feb 23, '13 at 7:17pm

kingofwar1234

kingofwar1234

461 posts

I know that Alienware makes gaming laptops. If a laptop is the only thing that you'd buy.

Reply to Good Gaming Laptop <$1500

You must be logged in to post a reply!