ForumsGamesGood Gaming Laptop <$1500

21 6538
thugtastic
thugtastic
162 posts
Peasant

Hey guys I am looking for a good gaming laptop that can be used for stuff like Microsoft Word and basic office stuff too. It has to be

• 21 Replies
Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

You need to give us more to go on then you want to play games on it and use Microsoft word and office like what sort of games are you looking to play and how high do you want the settings to be on them?

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

gaming laptop?
thats like a PC console?

i suggest to not buy a laptop but a desktop.
a laptop you can hardly update hardware when it gets old.
after some time you wont be able to play all the games anymore. and then you need to buy another laptop.

whit a desktop you can always update your hardware so it can keep playing the latest games.

thats why a PC is better then a laptop or consoles.

thugtastic
thugtastic
162 posts
Peasant

You need to give us more to go on then you want to play games on it and use Microsoft word and office like what sort of games are you looking to play and how high do you want the settings to be on them?

I want to play stuff like TF2 and maybe a bit of CoD(sorry) at a pretty high fps and quality.

i suggest to not buy a laptop but a desktop.
a laptop you can hardly update hardware when it gets old.
after some time you wont be able to play all the games anymore. and then you need to buy another laptop.

I need it to be portable sorry.
sweettanner
sweettanner
46 posts
Nomad

Look for a I7 processor and no less than 6gb of ram.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

I need it to be portable sorry.

I suggest you buy a laptop that will not cost you a lot of money. somewhere around the 300-600$ range. Because it's a waste to buy laptops nowadays for gaming. The hardware gets outdated evenetually and you can't change them.

You could always look for a small PC too. Ik Alienware is overrated but the ''new'' 700-1200$ PC is nice and small like a console, and you can update the hardware or whatever. Though I wouldn-t buy it myself anyways.. xD
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

Look for a I7 processor

I7 processor from a date after june 2011.
these are the new serie of I processors. a I7 from befor this date is as good as a I3 from after this date.

good luck

it's a waste to buy laptops nowadays for gaming.

^word.
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

You could always look for a small PC too. Ik Alienware is overrated but the ''new'' 700-1200$ PC is nice and small like a console, and you can update the hardware or whatever. Though I wouldn-t buy it myself anyways.. xD

I wouldn't suggest this because from my experience a small pc case with high-end gear can get heating problems very easily.
rtewre123
rtewre123
1 posts
Nomad

Currently, the most cost effective gaming laptop that will also on high settings smoothly the games you've mentioned is the Lenovo Y500 with an SLI of GT 650M. The performance is something above GTX 670MX in most cases.

kingofwar1234
kingofwar1234
605 posts
Peasant

I know that Alienware makes gaming laptops. If a laptop is the only thing that you'd buy.

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

Don't go with alienware they are so overpriced and you can get better elsewhere.

I want to play stuff like TF2 and maybe a bit of CoD(sorry) at a pretty high fps and quality.

Ok so you want to look for laptops with these specs

Any i5 or i7 processor
A dedicated graphics card you can use notebookcheck to see how well the card will run certain games
At least 4gb of ram
However much memory you want if you can find one with an ssd that will make most stuff run faster a bit but its not necessary
A decent resolution I wouldn't settle for anything less then 1280 x 720

For what you want to use it for you could probably get one for around $750

The one rtewre123 found looks amazing for a laptop and the price is good as well.
MechOf17th
MechOf17th
6 posts
Nomad

To be quite honest with you gaming laptops do not last, you're better off getting a desktop.

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

Hey guys I am looking for a good gaming laptop that can be used for stuff like Microsoft Word and basic office stuff too. It has to be

1. incomplete sentence it has to be
2. less then $1500? you can buy a low-end alienware with that.
3. microsoft word and basic office stuff can be ran on computers earlier then windows XP. if you seriously just want a basic computer, go buy the cheapest one you can find.
Jblaze101
Jblaze101
513 posts
Peasant

If you want a gaming laptop make sure it is amd and its dual core or above but alien has goosd setups for gaming laptops right in the price range

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

alien has goosd setups for gaming laptops right in the price range

alien is waayyy over-priced.
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

alien is waayyy over-priced.

Completely true. Starting with the fact that I wouldn't buy a computer to play with it.
Showing 1-15 of 21