ForumsGamesGood Gaming Laptop <$1500

21 6544
thugtastic
thugtastic
162 posts
Peasant

Hey guys I am looking for a good gaming laptop that can be used for stuff like Microsoft Word and basic office stuff too. It has to be

• 21 Replies
Jblaze101
Jblaze101
513 posts
Peasant

alien is waayyy over-priced.

may be true but macs are worse and Aand you get even less performance

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I'm using a Sony Vaio with Windows 7 OS and it hasn't dissapointed me yet! It was pretty cheap considering what I got for it and how it is performing, only ⬠1000,-. =)

But wait... recalculating it back to $ would make it $ 1294,50. Meh, still within your price range!

bluesky4us
bluesky4us
30 posts
Nomad

be sure to check reviews because most laptops under that price are prone to overheating and hang ups. also do not over try overclocking a laptop because the fan and heat sink (or fansink) will be able to keep the CPU and GPU at 60C.
i would suggest a desktop and forget about portability because of this.

GamerGuy75
GamerGuy75
16 posts
Nomad

Agreed with desktop. Don't buy any other computer just for gaming. It's a waste unless you are very wealthy.

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

Your best bet is really to just get a desktop that can run about anything and a medium range laptop that can run a few games but not all. That way you can play your desktop at home with the few good games like Newer COD's and Skyrim, the works.

Since you mentioned TF2 you really dont need much. Valve games seem to rely more on RAM and the Processor to play and some on the graphics but TF2 is so old that i think you only need a graphics card that has like 512 MB of ram. But the processor seems to be a big deal with that game. Because everytime I run that game it is extremely slow for first couple of minutes. I guess it could just be updates.

But other than that here is a (well I cant click the link button for whatever reason) but here http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2020688,00.asp
I guess copy and paste that. Top 10 gaming laptops by PcMag

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

Asus G75VW

This is a top of the line computer

Core i7-3610QM (overclocked)

16GB 1600mhz RAM

Full HD 17.3 inch screen (Supposedly Asus makes better screens than Apple)

Nvidia GTX 660M (I think this is the second most powerful Nvidia mobile card)

12GB of RAM (upgradable to 16 I believe)

1.5 terabyte 7200RPM HDD

And pretty much every port you could think of.

Also there are some alternative specs you could get. This one
has a bit less memory, but a more powerful GPU, and is 100$ cheaper.

Showing 16-21 of 21