Forums

ForumsVideo Games

Good Gaming Laptop <$1500

Posted Feb 23, '13 at 9:45pm

Gamer_Cale

Gamer_Cale

1,414 posts

Don't go with alienware they are so overpriced and you can get better elsewhere.

I want to play stuff like TF2 and maybe a bit of CoD(sorry) at a pretty high fps and quality.

Ok so you want to look for laptops with these specs

Any i5 or i7 processor
A dedicated graphics card you can use notebookcheck to see how well the card will run certain games
At least 4gb of ram
However much memory you want if you can find one with an ssd that will make most stuff run faster a bit but its not necessary
A decent resolution I wouldn't settle for anything less then 1280 x 720

For what you want to use it for you could probably get one for around $750

The one rtewre123 found looks amazing for a laptop and the price is good as well.

Posted Feb 27, '13 at 10:21am

MechOf17th

MechOf17th

6 posts

To be quite honest with you gaming laptops do not last, you're better off getting a desktop.

Posted Mar 1, '13 at 7:43pm

spikeabc

spikeabc

1,004 posts

Hey guys I am looking for a good gaming laptop that can be used for stuff like Microsoft Word and basic office stuff too. It has to be

1. incomplete sentence it has to be
2. less then $1500? you can buy a low-end alienware with that.
3. microsoft word and basic office stuff can be ran on computers earlier then windows XP. if you seriously just want a basic computer, go buy the cheapest one you can find.

Posted Mar 17, '13 at 10:57pm

Jblaze101

Jblaze101

461 posts

If you want a gaming laptop make sure it is amd and its dual core or above but alien has goosd setups  for gaming laptops right in the price range

Posted Mar 18, '13 at 10:52am

partydevil

partydevil

5,097 posts

alien has goosd setups  for gaming laptops right in the price range

alien is waayyy over-priced.

Posted Mar 18, '13 at 11:55am

OperationNilo

OperationNilo

2,044 posts

Completely true. Starting with the fact that I wouldn't buy a computer to play with it.

Posted Mar 21, '13 at 4:56am

Jblaze101

Jblaze101

461 posts

may be true but macs are worse and Aand you get even less performance

Posted Mar 21, '13 at 6:57am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,281 posts

I'm using a Sony Vaio with Windows 7 OS and it hasn't dissapointed me yet! It was pretty cheap considering what I got for it and how it is performing, only € 1000,-. =)

But wait... recalculating it back to $ would make it $ 1294,50. Meh, still within your price range! ;)

Posted Mar 21, '13 at 2:52pm

bluesky4us

bluesky4us

31 posts

be sure to check reviews because most laptops under that price are prone to overheating and hang ups. also do not over try overclocking a laptop because the fan and heat sink (or fansink) will be able to keep the CPU and GPU at 60C.
i would suggest a desktop and forget about portability because of this.

Posted Apr 3, '13 at 8:02pm

GamerGuy75

GamerGuy75

17 posts

Agreed with desktop. Don't buy any other computer just for gaming. It's a waste unless you are very wealthy.

Reply to Good Gaming Laptop <$1500

You must be logged in to post a reply!