ForumsGames[necro] WoW vs Diablo

12 8861
ForbiddenRagnarok
ForbiddenRagnarok
5 posts
Nomad

What is everyone's personal preference WoW or Diablo, as a series???

• 12 Replies
Digobr23
Digobr23
125 posts
Shepherd

WoW, not only because of its awesome expansions, huge playerbase and frequent patches, but also because it has the best MMO endgame imo, an explendid lore that has been expanded since the first Warcraft game and all these other minor things like awesome mounts, pet battles, good profession system, a lot of pvp content (battlegrounds, arenas, world pvp) and many other things.

Tarupron
Tarupron
1 posts
Shepherd

It is hard to compare the two games, particularly when you say as a series. Diablo is not an MMO for starters and World of Warcraft is not a series, it is an MMORPG with several expansions that add on to the core game.

There are a couple reasons why it's hard to compare the two as a series largely comes from the fact that Warcraft is an inconsistent series. It started out as an RTS (Real-Time Strategy) and changed into an MMORPG. (World of Warcraft) Where Diablo has remained the same, consistent action RPG/hack-and-slash game since it first started.

Another reason why it is hard to compare the two is still based off of World of Warcraft being an MMORPG. This allows it to be an ever expanding game with quite literally no end, where Diablo is forced to end at some point.

If you exclude World of Warcraft (as it is truly not part of the Warcraft series) then I would have to say my favourite series is Diablo. The reason for this is because of the creepy environment, the attention to detail and the overall great story line.

The proper comparison would have to be with World of Warcraft vs. Either Final Fantasy, Tera, Guild Wars, etc.

xian37
xian37
15 posts
Nomad

i'll go for WOW because of it is really easy to figure out and get started on. Beginners an quest on the game quite easily and enjoy the story lines that follow each quest in the game.

treos
treos
105 posts
Nomad

well theres a easily answered question: Diablo 2

i played WoW for 5 years, got bored and sick of the community and moved on. wanna see how bad WoW players can be? check youtube and watch countless people go into epic rage mode if they lose pixels (items/currency) or get killed, truly sad.

and i don't think its all too fair to compare the 2 as they're not even the same genre.

actually, lemme change my choice to Path of Exile as its like diablo 2 with updated graphics, MUCH bigger passive skill tree, and it doesn't have a economy thats super easy for bots to ruin (gold anyone? how about 10 mill for $1-2? more gold, wait a few days and you'll get maybe 1.5-3x the amount for less $). another thing is unlike diablo 3, PoE has no rmah so you actually have to do work to win rather than spend irl $ and get some of the best gear from the start >.> oh and PoE doesn't have the "constantly online" DRM, if any at all.

Herlitz
Herlitz
16 posts
Nomad

One is worse than other WoW is base for the worst community in gaming world and Diablo, hey... Diablo 3 was a huge disappointment, it just showed that Blizzard can't do good games anymore.

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

Diablo isnt a MMO, the first M indicates it... massive... sure you have many players around in the BNet, but you have a limited player-count in a "World" of Diablo.
But besides that... Diablo.

Jesty
Jesty
103 posts
Nomad

WOW is an online game where players from around the world assume the roles of heroic fantasy characters and explore a virtual world full of mystery, magic, and endless adventure while Diablo is moody atmosphere and engaging item-grabbing gameplay.

MikaCinc
MikaCinc
408 posts
Treasurer

WoW

arfmaster
arfmaster
138 posts
Nomad

you're in the MMORPG section. WOW ofc

HappyFaceaNinja
HappyFaceaNinja
55 posts
Nomad

What is everyone's personal preference WoW or Diablo, as a series???

When you say WoW, do you mean just World of Warcraft, or the warcraft series in general?
HappyFaceaNinja
HappyFaceaNinja
55 posts
Nomad

Diablo isnt a MMO, the first M indicates it... massive... sure you have many players around in the BNet, but you have a limited player-count in a "World" of Diablo.
But besides that... Diablo.

Couldn't have said it better myself
Reddash
Reddash
76 posts
Scribe

WoW. I've been playing for like 5-6 years now and while some of the players can be jerks most people will be perfectly nice. once I even managed to do a sitcom esque little conversation with a person i'd never even talked to before. I guess I just like the variety of people I can meet in WoW.

Showing 1-12 of 12