Forums

ForumsForum Games

Matt's Tactical BvB RPG kickstarter discussion

Posted Feb 21, '13 at 9:12pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,537 posts

I would honestly like to be a pure infiltration/sabotage class once the game begins. I'm not one for elaborate stealth kills, I'm one to get in, mess up someone's defenses, and let someone else do the killing. I believe that would be something that would branch from the assassin.

How are you going to adventure if you don't fight anyone? You would just be giving other people EXP and bonuses. How can I reward you for messing up defenses without actually doing any fighting? This is about dungeons and puzzles and monsters. Turn-based combat. There aren't really any "defenses" to mess up.

Posted Feb 21, '13 at 9:17pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,537 posts

-Class Stat Sheet-
Version 1.0

Knight-Juggernaut
Name: (Your Name), 200 HP, 100 MP
Class: (choose one), Level 1, EXP (0/100)
Weapon(s): Straight sword (L1), Knightâs Shield (L1)
Armor: Steel Knight Armor (L1), Steel Knight Helmet (L1)
Inventory: (0/10), Gold (10)

Warrior-Barbarian
Name: (Your Name), 500 HP, 0 MP
Weapon(s): Combat Axe (L1), Round Shield (L1)
Armor: Skin (L1), Leather vest (L1)
Inventory: (1/10) War Hatchet (L1), Gold (0)

Ranger-Archer
Weapon(s): Short bow (L1)
Armor: Hunting jacket (L1)
Inventory: (1/10) Arrows (-/-), Gold (0)

Thief-Assassin
Name: (Your Name), 100 HP, 50 MP
Weapon(s): Curved dagger (L1), Throwing knife (L1)
Armor: Stealth Robes (L1)
Inventory: (1/10) Poison Vial, Gold (0)

Mage-Summoner
Name: (Your Name), 150 HP, 250 MP
Weapon(s): Mageâs Staff (L1)
Armor: Mageâs Robe (L1)
Inventory: (1/10) Attack Book (L1: Fire [50MP], Lightning [50MP]), Gold (0)

Every class has been given a little Inventory. Here are a few notes. PLEASE READ THEM.

No one is currently able to use MP besides Mages. Warriors-Barbarians canât use MP at all. You will need to find an Attack or Defense Book to start using MP.

Knights: Since you are well-rounded, you are started with Gold. You have enough to level up any area of the Castle (they all start at 10 Gold) and earn the EXP for it.

Warriors: You will always have Skin as armor. As you level it up (it levels up when you do), your skin will become more and more tough, to the point that it may be arrow-proof. You have been given a second Weapon,

Rangers: You have infinite arrows. Congrats. You can only shoot one at a time, though. You can gain the ability to shoot two later on. Until then, try and find a knife.

Thieves: You can carry two weapons if one is your big throwing knife (about a foot long). You can retrieve it after a throw. Since you have increased agility, at some point you will be able to throw it, then retrieve it from a still-living enemy for more damage. You must tell me if you want to poison your weapons, though (I want to make sure youâre reading this).

Mages: The Attack Book shows what attacks you can cast and the MP they cost. They are relatively self-explanatory. As you level up, your Attack Book will level up as well. The Defense Book provides protection, also for MP. You are being started with the basics.

Also, Summoners: You will gain the ability to Summon after defeating your first enemy. You will be able to summon it for any battle afterwards, for a certain amount of MP, until the battle is over. You will only be able to summon things that are your level or below it. If you defeat an enemy above your level (excluding bosses), it will Summon at your level. You cannot control Summoned creatures. They will auto-attack and defend and are expendable. Each one cannot be summoned more than once per battle.

Posted Feb 21, '13 at 9:52pm

shadowgun453

shadowgun453

2,827 posts

You missed the Juggernaut description.

Posted Feb 21, '13 at 9:52pm

Azywng

Azywng

381 posts

The Epic's base game had guns in it. Could you add a gunner class?

Posted Feb 21, '13 at 10:09pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,537 posts

You missed the Juggernaut description.

I didn't miss it, I just didn't have any special details to add. The Juggernaut and Knight start out the same. You become a Juggernaut over time.

The Epic's base game had guns in it. Could you add a gunner class?

Like I said before, I already went over guns. Page 5. I'm not including guns because it's hard to keep a battle going when someone is shot in the head with a gun. "That was a headshot, why didn't he die?" Because he has 2000 HP. If I had guns, I have to do a LOT more research. Can you work with the five available Tiers?

I need to go to bed. I'm burned out.

Posted Feb 22, '13 at 12:50am

Poizaz00

Poizaz00

627 posts

Bronze colossii would basically be bosses which are giant golems of bronze.

Also, I mean something like aiming at an unarmored spot for extra damage.

Posted Feb 22, '13 at 6:08am

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,537 posts

Bronze colossii would basically be bosses which are giant golems of bronze.

Also, I mean something like aiming at an unarmored spot for extra damage.

Okay. And yes, bosses will not have weak points. Good idea.

Posted Feb 22, '13 at 6:10am

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,537 posts

Oops, typo. Bosses will *now have weak points. The big bosses, at least.Good idea.

Posted Feb 22, '13 at 11:40am

GeminiDelta

GeminiDelta

443 posts

Hi! I got some time off work since it's a slow day. I should be able to get on once a week if i'm not too tired.

Here's me and epic's suggestions:
My suggestions: Gemini Boss! Put my character into the game! A powerful Lvl 80 cleric wielding 2 sledgehammers! She swings fast and hard, but not accurately. Able to command the Earth element and wreck you with a Cataclysm attack.
The four Horsemen: War, Famine, Pestillance, and Death. 4 uber-hard bosses. War is super-strong but slow, Famine's well-rounded, Pestillence attacks with poison and nasty status effect magic, and Death zips around super-fast with a scythe. They can glom together to form World War, which is UNBEATABLE >:C

Epic's suggestions.
First off hi. I'm still in a wheelchair. So, since matt's making a spinoff of my game, I better have my say.
I will toss my characters as NPCs/Bosses in here. Vekel the Undying: Vekel is a demigod, ascended after many many battles. He attacks with a variety of weapons and can use any element you can think off. He has a pet, Extrahos, a legendary golden dragon formed through crazy circumstances.
Specials: Restraint: His power is diminished greatly, but Vekel becomes immune to ALL status effects!
Protector: Vekel shifts attack patterns to Protector Mode, unable to attack but excellent at defending allies. Uses White Magic and carries a massive shield.
Enforcer: Vekel shifts to Enforcer Mode, a balanced class. He can use several Law-based attacks like Vice Versa (Deal damage equal to HP lost) and Reappropriate (Equalizes HP of everyone by adding their max HP together and dividing it equally. Like finding the Mean in a set of numbers.).
Savage: RAAAAAGING FURRRY TASTY VEAL CARNAAAGE GRAHAHAHA. Lose all equipment and magic, but rip the enemy apart with primal physical power!

Savell Valkerie: My secondary character. Savell is a Martial Artist who resembles Vekel in Savage form, but without the Savageness.

Brian "Black-Belt" Smith: Matt, you know this guy.

Places: The Infinity: A floating palace! YES! Used as a location in my book that I am writing (don't have a title yet) 20 floors of high-level equipment. But it's floating, you need to get a plane or fly. Also, each floor has a Boss (hopefully.)

Nightmare Citadel: Another high-end place. The monsters here specialize in Status Effect magic and will cripple you before killing you. (Necromancer/Corrupted Psychic/Grudge/etc.) Horror movie mayhem!

Equipment:
The Airship Deverengence: A Heavy Cruiser airship armed with missiles, lasers, and machinegun turrets. Able to traverse space as well as go underwater. Powered by Dark Matter.

Zodiac Sword: A sword with a spinnable, 12-section crossguard. Spin the sword for a random attack! here's a list.
1-Leo the Lion: Fire-elemental area nuke.
2-Aquarius the Water Bearer: Wind-elemental area nuke.
3-Taurus the Bull: Earth-elemental area nuke.
4-Pieces the Fishes: Water-elemental area nuke
5-Gemini the Twins: Mirror your opponent in every which way!
6-Cancer: Status effecting attack! We're talking Poison, Blind, Silence, Slow, Curse, Immobilize, Confuse, and MUCH MORE!
------Defensive Signs----
7-Virgo the Pure: Heals to full HP and cures status effects.
8-Libra the Scales: Balances HP between you and opponent.
9-Scorpio the Scorpion: Buffs your speed!
10-Saggitarius the Soldier: Buffs your HP!
11-Capricorn the Fish-goat: Buffs your Magic/MP!
12-Aries the Ram: Buffs the quality of your Equipment!

The buffs will last until you spin the sword again. You're also defenceless while spinning!
----Weapons and Armor!----
Hydranite: A massive buster-blade style sword made of solid emerald! Imbued with poison. A Gorgon Eye is embedded into the crossbar. Hold the sword up and attempt to Petrify your enemy!

Painbringer: A sword formed out of PAIN. Deals no damage but Stun's the enemy every time! Ethereal, can go through solid objects but is blocked by magic!

Aqua Lance: Able to suck up water and spit it out as bullets or a steam! Makes the wielder immune to Water.

Tornesol: A flamberge (google it), with the power of Fire. Makes the wielder immune to Fire and can absorb/discharge Fire like the Aqua Lance.

Gale Force: A...Guitar. Immune to Wind, can manipulate the wind easily. ROCK OUT!

Gemini Sledgehammer: 2 sledgehammers that belong to Gemini! They can fuse into 1 stronger hammer. Defeat her in battle to obtain them. Immune to Earth, can manipulate Earth...see the pattern?

Langrisser: A holy longsword! Absorbs Light and can fire it in a beam!

Al-Hazard: The opposite to Langrisser. Absorbs Darkness and can..well what do you think it can do?

Assault Suit: Leather interwoven with mythril silver. Increases the wearer's max MP from mythril silver's peculiar magical properties.

Hex Ring: This tiny little ring is stronger than any other armor! No way! ...Wait, it also inflicts a whole bunch of status effects!

Fading Cloak: Wearer can become invisible with this. No defensive benefits!

Scan Goggles: Interesting headwear, increases accuracy and critical chance.

There we go. if/when Gemini has a chance to post and i'm with her, i'll put some things in too. So i'm not completely gone...just taking a vacation.

Posted Feb 22, '13 at 5:05pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,537 posts

Holy freakin' crap...I wanted suggestions but seriously...I'm going to have to reply to this a chunk at a time. Okay. Going to try. However, you need to read this first, as does everyone.

Sonic, Shadow & Gamer: I updated the class sheet. I am happy to say it fulfills your suggestions almost perfectly. Read these carefully, and read the notes at the bottom. I tried to make it as self-explainatory as possible. BEHOLD!

-Class Stat Sheet-
Version 1.1

Knight-Juggernaut
Weapon(s): Straight sword (L1), Knightâs Shield (L1)
Armor: Steel Knight Armor (L1)
Inventory: (0/10), Gold (10)

Juggernaut:
Armor: + Steel Knight Helmet (L1)
Loss: Speed

Warrior-Barbarian
Name: (Your Name), 500 HP, 0 MP
Weapon(s): Combat Axe (L1), Round Shield (L1)
Armor: Skin (L1), Leather vest (L1)
Inventory: (0/10) Gold (0)

Barbarian:
Inventory: War Hatchet (L1)
Loss: MP

Ranger-Archer
Weapon(s): Short bow (L1)
Armor: Hunting jacket (L1)
Inventory: (1/10) Arrows (-/-), Gold (0)

Archer:[/b]
Weapon: Long bow (L1)
Loss: Strength

Thief-Assassin
Name: (Your Name), 100 HP, 50 MP
Weapon(s): Curved dagger (L1)
Armor: Stealth Robes (L1)
Inventory: (1/10) Poison Vial, Gold (0)

[i]Assassin:

Weapon: + Throwing Knife (L1)
Loss: Defense

Mage-Summoner
Name: (Your Name), 150 HP, 250 MP
Weapon(s): Mageâs Staff (L1)
Armor: Mageâs Robe (L1)
Inventory: (1/10) Attack Book (L1: Fire [50MP], Lightning [50MP]), Gold (0)

Summoner:
Summon: (0)
Loss: Damage

No one is currently able to use MP besides Mages. Warriors-Barbarians canât use MP at all. You will need to find an Attack or Defense Book to start using MP.

Classes:
Each Class has been nailed down. You will choose a Tier (one of the five) and a Class (one of the two names per Tier). The first Class is well-rounded in its style and has a perk of its own. The second Class has a powerful bonus, but has an official âLossâ (aka, weakness).

Knights: Since you are well-rounded, you are started with Gold. You have enough to level up any area of the Castle (they all start at 10 Gold) and earn the EXP for it.

Juggernaut: Same, but with more armor and greater defense. You will always move slower than a Knight.

Warriors: You will always have Skin as armor. As you level it up (it levels up when you do), your skin will become more and more tough, to the point that it may be arrow-proof.

Barbarian: Same, but with automatic Dual Wield and greater damage. You will not be able to use MP.

Rangers: You have infinite arrows. Congrats. You can only shoot one at a time, though. You can gain the ability to shoot two later on. Until then, try and find a knife.

Archers: Same, but you start with a Long bow (greater range) and greater accuracy. You will always be weaker than a Ranger (in terms of melee weapons).

Thieves: You can carry two weapons if one is your big throwing knife (about a foot long). You can retrieve it after a throw. You must tell me if you want to poison your weapons, though (I want to make sure youâre reading this).

Assassins: Same, but you start with the Throwing Knife and greater speed. You will always take more damage than a Thief.

Mages: The Attack Book shows what attacks you can cast and the MP they cost. They are relatively self-explanatory. As you level up, your Attack Book will level up as well. The Defense Book provides protection, also for MP, but you will find or earn it (by leveling up. Itâll show up soon). You cannot summon allies.

Summoners: You will gain the ability to Summon after defeating your first enemy. You will be able to summon it for any battle afterwards, for a certain amount of MP, until the battle is over. You will only be able to summon things that are your level or below it. If you defeat an enemy above your level (excluding bosses), it will Summon at your level. You cannot control Summoned creatures. They will auto-attack and defend and are expendable. Each one cannot be summoned more than once per battle. You will always deal less damage than a Mage.

Reply to Matt's Tactical BvB RPG kickstarter discussion

You must be logged in to post a reply!