ForumsForum Games

Matt's Tactical BvB RPG kickstarter discussion

Posted Feb 22, '13 at 5:26pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,516 posts

-GM Sheet-
Version 2.0

New features - This and that. This is the semi-final version of it. I'm going to make a few more changes (based on suggestions) and the seal it. The game is coming out soon, people.

Day:
Weather:
Time: Day 1/4 (Day or Night out of 4)

CASTLE-KINGDOM:

Defenses: Crossbows, trebuchets, anything to keep invaders out.

Castle Wall (L1)
Castle Gate (L1)
Giant Crossbow (L1) [5]
Guardians: Guards to defend your Castle. Default soldiers exist, you must find Legendary
Castle Guards (L1) [10]
Castle Knights (L1) [10]
Legendary: None
Buildings: Free-access areas. Dungeons, Mini-Dungeons and Hidden Rooms are not included.
Great Hall I (Many locked doors are here. Can be upgraded)
Hospital (Return to regain all HP/MP for one turn. Can be upgraded)
Vault (Holds 10 items per player. Can be upgraded)
Castle Store
Battlements (L1)
Barracks (L1)
Training Hall (L1) (level up to unlock more trainers/NPC backups)

Heroes of the Kingdom:
Name: Name, HP, MP
Class: Class, Level, EXP (-/-)
Weapon(s): Offensive and Defensive.
Armor: Helmets, Chest Armor, Gauntlets, etc.
Inventory: (-/10), Gold (0)
(Biography/Age/Species: N/A. You are all human. No veterans, no "child geniuses")

ATTACKED: 0 (number of times your castle has been attacked)
BREACHED: 0 (number of times it has been breached)
STOLEN: 0 (Items that have been stolen from the Castle and moved to the other Castle)

-----------

CASTLE-ANARCHY:

Defenses: Crossbows, trebuchets, anything to keep invaders out.

Castle Wall (L1)
Castle Gate (L1)
Giant Crossbow (L1) [5]
Guardians: Guards to defend your Castle. Default soldiers exist, you must find Legendary
Castle Guards (L1) [10]
Castle Knights (L1) [10]
Legendary: None
Buildings: Free-access areas. Dungeons, Mini-Dungeons and Hidden Rooms are not included
Great Hall I (Many locked doors are here. Can be upgraded)
Hospital (Return to regain all HP/MP for one turn. Can be upgraded)
Vault (Holds 10 items per player. Can be upgraded)
Castle Store
Battlements (L1)
Barracks (L1)
Training Hall (L1) (level up to unlock more trainers/NPC backups)

Heroes of the Anarchy:
Name: Name, HP, MP
Class: Class, Level, EXP (-/-)
Weapon(s): Offensive and Defensive.
Armor: Helmets, Chest Armor, Gauntlets, etc.
Inventory: (-/10), Gold (0)
(Biography/Age/Species: N/A. You are all humans. No veterans, no "child geniuses")

ATTACKED: 0 (number of times someone has attacked your castle)
BREACHED: 0 (number of times breached)
STOLEN: 0 (Items that have been stolen from the Castle and moved to the other Castle)
White Forest (L1), Towns: 1
Flatwater Lake (L1), Towns: ???
Rook Island (L2), Towns: ???
Cavetop Mountain (L2), Towns: ???
Blackwater Bay (L2), Towns: ???
The Valley of Caves (L3), Towns: ???
-----------------
Battle:
All battle details here.
--------------
Story:
All non-battle events here. Traveling, healing, exploring, etc.
--------------
Support:
This is an area to post your BRIEF questions or suggestions, instead of throwing them in with everything else.

END GM Sheet Version 2.0

~CASTLE STORE~
Prices are pending! I'm working hard to develop good prices for items. Most of you will not start with Gold anyway, so I'm not slamming something together.
Heroes: Hero Weapons/Armor/Inventory items are pending. I'll make some up by the time someone gets to the store.
Weapons
Armor
Inventory
Castle â" Buildings:
Great Hall II (More locked doors to open)
Large Hospital (Can buy health potions and increased HP)
Large Vault (Unlimited storage per player)
Battlements (L2)
Barracks (L2)
Training Hall (L2)
Observatory
Library
Watchtower
Castle â" Defense:
Castle Wall (L2)
Castle Gate (L2)
Giant Crossbows (L2) [2]
Rock Throwers (L1) [2]
Castle â" Guardians:
Castle Archers (L1) [10]
Castle Guards (L2) [5]
Castle Knights (L2) [5]
Legendary: 0
Trading Bin:
(0/10)

----------------------------------
NOTES:
-There are no guns. Sorry. Guns and swords do not mix well, and I am already trying hard to come up with swords, knives, daggers, bows, axes, hammers, shields, armor and Inventory. This is an old-fashioned sword-and-shield game. Modern things (planes, gunships, explosives and super laser weapons) are not going to show up, although traps and poison and such will.
-You have three basic choices when you show up: Explore the Castle for doors and puzzles (you will not encounter many right away, though), go to the Training Hall or go adventuring and fight enemies, explore towns, etc. Dungeons will appear as you go, as well as random encounters and such. Legendary weapons and enemies are still being worked out.
-Choose Kingdom or Anarchy when you start. Haha completely missed that. Fail. I'll add it to the rules.
-If you die, you respawn in the Castle or in the first room of your Dungeon. No penalties for first death. Future deaths may deduct Gold.

WHAT I NEED:
-Approval! This thing is taking off soon. Let me know the changes you want, but be specific! The classes need to be balanced. The Knights have one more item than the others because people generally don't play as a Knight.
-Names of Legendary weapons and monsters. Names of Rare weapons and monsters. Gemini supplied me with a long list, but hers are Level 80. I'm pressure sure you don't want to fight a Level 80 Boss off the top.

Posted Feb 22, '13 at 5:37pm

Kylelolcat

Kylelolcat

4,945 posts

Well, if you don't mind borrowing, you could take Rare/Legendary creatures from the Monster Hunter series. Look here!

Of course, there are other ideas for Legendary/Rare creatures and weapons...

Weapons:

Excalibur: Boosts magic capacity and ice power, as well as being an Ice/Holy elemental weapon.

Assassin's Standby: A pair of gauntlets, concealing a hidden dagger, a hidden hookblade, a low-powered hidden gun and a hidden dart launcher.

Blade of Grass: A longsword seemingly made of grass, but is so sharp tjhat it cuts people down like...well, blades of grass.

Dragon's Tounge: A sword of fire that burns enemies with intense fire while simeltaneously having incredible cutting potential.

The Vorpal Blade: The only blade that can kill in this odd world, this blade will sometimes lop off a man's head no matter where- and if- it hits.

Creatures:

Amayzee Dayze: A gold-petaled animate flower that tends to run when spotted.

Posted Feb 22, '13 at 5:51pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,516 posts

Excalibur: Boosts magic capacity and ice power, as well as being an Ice/Holy elemental weapon

A classic Knight weapon. That would work.

Assassin's Standby: A pair of gauntlets, concealing a hidden dagger, a hidden hookblade, a low-powered hidden gun and a hidden dart launcher.

No guns. A dart launcher, maybe. How about one having the blade and the other having the hook? I see some excellent potential combos.

Blade of Grass: A longsword seemingly made of grass, but is so sharp that it cuts people down like...well, blades of grass

Clever. Alright I'll add it.

Dragon's Tongue: A sword of fire that burns enemies with intense fire while simeltaneously having incredible cutting potential.

There will definitley be a fire sword at some point. A future volcano map would be a good place to find it.

The Vorpal Blade: The only blade that can kill in this odd world, this blade will sometimes lop off a man's head no matter where- and if- it hits.

That only works on the Jabberwocky. That would be a weird boss. However, I'm against insta-kill weapons. Boss is a humanoid with 10,000 HP. "I hit him with the [weapon] and he dies instantly." Not going to happen. "Why not, it's an insta-kill weapon?" No insta-kill weapons.

Amayzee Dayze: A gold-petaled animate flower that tends to run when spotted

A plant enemy is inevitable.

Current sources of inspiration (for you to consider):
The Legend of Zelda (weapons and creatures)
Pokemon (creatures and Legendaries)
Final Fantasy (weapons and Legendaries. And creatures)

No, I will not copy/paste a name, but I will make Borderlands-style references. Nothing overly cheesy, like "You found a wild Squartle," but using monsters from other games as inspiration is a good way to go.

Gemini, I'm replying to you next. Somehow.

Posted Feb 22, '13 at 5:54pm

Kylelolcat

Kylelolcat

4,945 posts

Actually, I meant for the dart launcher and the hookblade to be in one gauntlet, and the gun and the dagger in the other.

Posted Feb 22, '13 at 6:06pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,516 posts

Actually, I meant for the dart launcher and the hookblade to be in one gauntlet, and the gun and the dagger in the other.

yeah, I know, but no guns. If I remove the dart launcher as well, I can give the gauntlets one specific weapon. Plus, an Assassin can use poison and a throwing knife. Sorry but I'm being careful with projectile attacks. As of now, bows (and variants) and Mage-style attacks.

By the way, I suggest you go to the Training Hall first. There will be a Trainer you will be familiar with....

Posted Feb 22, '13 at 6:30pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,516 posts

Gemini Boss! Put my character into the game! A powerful Lvl 80 cleric wielding 2 sledgehammers! She swings fast and hard, but not accurately. Able to command the Earth element and wreck you with a Cataclysm attack.

I will add Gemini as a boss (and a weapon), but L80?? Already? Itâll take a really, really long time to fight that boss...

The four Horsemen: War, Famine, Pestillance, and Death. 4 uber-hard bosses. War is super-strong but slow, Famine's well-rounded, Pestillence attacks with poison and nasty status effect magic, and Death zips around super-fast with a scythe. They can glom together to form World War, which is UNBEATABLE >:C

â¦an UNBEATABLE Boss? Iâll consider the formation, but itâs extremely unbalanced. Depends on the player, I suppose. Iâll add them to the list.

Vekel the Undying: Vekel is a demigod, ascended after many many battles. He attacks with a variety of weapons and can use any element you can think off. He has a pet, Extrahos, a legendary golden dragon formed through crazy circumstances.
Specials:
Restraint: His power is diminished greatly, but Vekel becomes immune to ALL status effects!
Protector: Vekel shifts attack patterns to Protector Mode, unable to attack but excellent at defending allies. Uses White Magic and carries a massive shield.
Enforcer: Vekel shifts to Enforcer Mode, a balanced class. He can use several Law-based attacks like Vice Versa (Deal damage equal to HP lost) and Reappropriate (Equalizes HP of everyone by adding their max HP together and dividing it equally. Like finding the Mean in a set of numbers.).
Savage: RAAAAAGING FURRRY TASTY VEAL CARNAAAGE GRAHAHAHA. Lose all equipment and magic, but rip the enemy apart with primal physical power!

You do realize you would have to FIGHT this character, not BE him. You want to fight a boss with five indestructible bonuses stats, and a pet dragon? At what level?

Savell Valkerie: My secondary character. Savell is a Martial Artist who resembles Vekel in Savage form, but without the Savageness.

Same question. Yeah, I can add them to the Boss list, but I donât think YOU even want to fight this person.

Brian "Black-Belt" Smith: Matt, you know this guy.

Yeah, heâs a CQC master that uses submachine guns. No guns in this game. I can make a ninja-style close-range boss, though. In fact, I already have one, but someone else has dibs.

Places:
The Infinity: A floating palace! YES! Used as a location in my book that I am writing (don't have a title yet) 20 floors of high-level equipment. But it's floating, you need to get a plane or fly. Also, each floor has a Boss (hopefully.)

A floating location will now be added. You canât fly there, though, without assistance (a winged NPC). There are no planes because this is a fantasy RPG that has no fuel, no electronics and no airports.

Nightmare Citadel: Another high-end place. The monsters here specialize in Status Effect magic and will cripple you before killing you. (Necromancer/Corrupted Psychic/Grudge/etc.) Horror movie mayhem!

A good horror-style location, mysteriously floating, will now been added.

Equipment:
The Airship Deverengence: A Heavy Cruiser airship armed with missiles, lasers, and machinegun turrets. Able to traverse space as well as go underwater. Powered by Dark Matter.

Sorry, but thatâs not going to happen.

Zodiac Sword: A sword with a spinnable, 12-section crossguard. Spin the sword for a random attack! here's a list.
1-Leo the Lion: Fire-elemental area nuke.
2-Aquarius the Water Bearer: Wind-elemental area nuke.
3-Taurus the Bull: Earth-elemental area nuke.
4-Pieces the Fishes: Water-elemental area nuke
5-Gemini the Twins: Mirror your opponent in every which way!
6-Cancer: Status effecting attack! We're talking Poison, Blind, Silence, Slow, Curse, Immobilize, Confuse, and MUCH MORE!
------Defensive Signs----
7-Virgo the Pure: Heals to full HP and cures status effects.
8-Libra the Scales: Balances HP between you and opponent.
9-Scorpio the Scorpion: Buffs your speed!
10-Saggitarius the Soldier: Buffs your HP!
11-Capricorn the Fish-goat: Buffs your Magic/MP!
12-Aries the Ram: Buffs the quality of your Equipment!
The buffs will last until you spin the sword again. You're also defenceless while spinning!

This is your Yggdrasil weapon! Youâre like the only person who can use it properly! EHGGGGG I can add it to the Legendary items, but youâd be the only person to be able to use it.

----Weapons and Armor!----
Hydranite: A massive buster-blade style sword made of solid emerald! Imbued with poison. A Gorgon Eye is embedded into the crossbar. Hold the sword up and attempt to Petrify your enemy!

Hydranite has been added.

Painbringer: A sword formed out of PAIN. Deals no damage but Stun's the enemy every time! Ethereal, can go through solid objects but is blocked by magic!

The heck?? Why would a sword made of pain not deal damage? You would have to be a Warrior-Barbarian to use it. Iâll add it to the list.

Aqua Lance: Able to suck up water and spit it out as bullets or a steam! Makes the wielder immune to Water.

Aqua Lance has been added.

Tornesol: A flamberge (google it), with the power of Fire. Makes the wielder immune to Fire and can absorb/discharge Fire like the Aqua Lance.

A fire-based sword has been added (different name, though).

Gale Force: A...Guitar. Immune to Wind, can manipulate the wind easily. ROCK OUT!

A guitar is going to get you killed. You only have two hands, and itâs not a melee weapon, or really a weapon at all. Wind manipulation may be an MP attack, not sure yet.

Gemini Sledgehammer: 2 sledgehammers that belong to Gemini! They can fuse into 1 stronger hammer. Defeat her in battle to obtain them. Immune to Earth, can manipulate Earth...see the pattern?

Geminiâs Sledges have been added.

Langrisser: A holy longsword! Absorbs Light and can fire it in a beam!

A light-based sword has been added (the more traditional âExcaliburâ of legend)

Al-Hazard: The opposite to Langrisser. Absorbs Darkness and can..well what do you think it can do?

Already got an opposite. Itâs called the âVexcalibur.â Clever, right?

Assault Suit: Leather interwoven with mythril silver. Increases the wearer's max MP from mythril silver's peculiar magical properties.

Assault Suitâ¦is kind of vague. Iâll add it to the Armor list somehow.

Hex Ring: This tiny little ring is stronger than any other armor! No way! ...Wait, it also inflicts a whole bunch of status effects!

A Juggernaut will always have physical armor stronger than anything. A ring that boost stats is a good idea.

Fading Cloak: Wearer can become invisible with this. No defensive benefits!

A Stealth Cloak has been added.

Scan Goggles: Interesting headwear, increases accuracy and critical chance.

Archers will be able to shoot enemies in the dark. However, I will add something along these lines.

Posted Feb 22, '13 at 11:32pm

Poizaz00

Poizaz00

627 posts

Here's an idea: Crossbows can replace the role of guns. Even in the future, because they were highly developed then and were better than guns.

Posted Feb 22, '13 at 11:46pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,516 posts

Here's an idea: Crossbows can replace the role of guns. Even in the future, because they were highly developed then and were better than guns.

Well, the Castles already have Crossbow defenses, so I will consider making a Crossbow a Ranger-Archer weapon. Honestly, it's not that big of a different. For monster combat, a bow is faster to shoot and reload and all, but I'll put them in rotation anyway.

If you're satisfied, post your stat sheet:

Copy/paste the stat sheet of whatever Tier you want.
Put your Armor Games name in the (Your name) slot.
Put your Class in the (choose one) slot.
If you selected the second version of that Tier, add your extra item to your sheet (Ex: If you chose Juggernaut, put the Steel Knight Helmet (L1) in the Armor slot).

Once everyone has provided their sheet, I will start the game.

Posted Feb 23, '13 at 12:03am

rick073

rick073

2,868 posts

Name: rick073, 200 HP, 100 MP
Class: Juggernaut, Level 1, EXP (0/100)
Weapon(s): Straight sword (L1), Knightâs Shield (L1)
Armor: Steel Knight Armor (L1), Steel Knight Helmet (L1)
Inventory: (0/10), Gold (10)

I assume that this will be sufficient.

Posted Feb 23, '13 at 12:06am

Poizaz00

Poizaz00

627 posts

Knight-Juggernaut
Name: Poizaz00, 200 HP, 100 MP
Class: Knight, Level 1, EXP (0/100)
Weapon(s): Straight sword (L1), Knightâs Shield (L1)
Armor: Steel Knight Armor (L1)
Inventory: (0/10), Gold (10)

Enough?

Reply to Matt's Tactical BvB RPG kickstarter discussion

You must be logged in to post a reply!