ForumsForum Games

Matt's Tactical BvB RPG kickstarter discussion

Posted Feb 23, '13 at 5:38pm

shadowgun453

shadowgun453

2,827 posts

Name: Shadowgun, 200 HP, 100 MP
Class: Knight, Level 1, EXP (0/100)
Weapon(s): Straight sword (L1), Knightâs Shield (L1)
Armor: Steel Knight Armor (L1)
Inventory: (0/10), Gold (10)

That just dumb. Both classes should have a helmet.

Posted Feb 23, '13 at 11:28pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,610 posts

I just got home from snowboarding for 8 hours. I have zero active brain cells. Let me try and sort a few things out...
Kingdom:
Poizazz00 (Knight)
Gamer (Ranger)

Anarchy:
Rick (Juggernaut)
Shadow (Knight)
Kyle (Juggernaut)

Wow, not a lot of diversity. Ok just a few things to say.
@Sonic, you need to pick a side. haha close. Also you start with the throwing knife (the Thief doesn't. Go check the character sheets again and read the Assassin description). As for "True Light's Flight," I'll add it to your Inventory as soon as the game starts. If I remember. I have a really awesome Legendary Assassin weapon lined up in the future.
@Shadow, In case you didn't notice, every class per Tier has a slight difference. Being the second of the two classes gives you an extra starting item but also a loss. The Juggernaut will always have access to better (and more) armor than anyone else. Since you are all L1, everyone gets L1 gear. The Juggernaut needs an extra item, so he gets a helmet. You start with 10G. You can buy one at the store. They're cheap.
@Gamer, perfect. Thanks for getting it right first try.
@Poizazz, perfect. Thanks for remembering to choose a side.
@rick, perfect. I suggest changing your name to just "Rick" because when I reply, I'll always be saying @rick anyway.
@Kyle, perfect. What level were you? I've changed the EXP needed to level up per level, so I need to know what you were. You will need more than 100 to level up again. Also, yeah. Go to the Trainers first. There will be several, but you will be able to figure it out. The door will have a different marking but it will be obvious.

I think that's it. Blehh tired. I'll double check it all tomorrow when you guys fix the few tiny details I added. The game should be started Monday.

Posted Feb 23, '13 at 11:51pm

Kylelolcat

Kylelolcat

4,945 posts

I was level 4 when the game ended.

Posted Feb 24, '13 at 12:41am

sonicheroes95

sonicheroes95

14,072 posts

Name: Talow, 100 HP, 50 MP
Class: Assassin, Level 1, EXP (0/100)
Weapon(s): Curved dagger (L1), Throwing Knife (L1)
Armor: Stealth Robes (L1)
Inventory: (1/10) Poison Vial, Gold (0)

we'll have to see, though a sword I can summon at will is pretty nice. and can I eventually dual-wield swords?

Posted Feb 24, '13 at 1:24pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,610 posts

@Kyle okay.
@Sonic no. Only Warrior-Barbarians can dual-wield large weapons. However, as an Assassin, you will always be able to carry your large Throwing Knife along with a knife, dagger, sword, etc. but usually Assassins stick to close-combat, which is why daggers are preferred. Can you replace your throwing knife with a shield? Probably not, because as an assassin you are the most agile character in the game and can dodge attacks (especially slow ones, such as Bosses with hammers).

Posted Feb 24, '13 at 1:28pm

sonicheroes95

sonicheroes95

14,072 posts

Could you define 'large weapons', and clarify what you mean? also, if needs be it can be shortened. the way i'm reading that is I can't dual-wield swords but can dual-wield knives and daggers.

Posted Feb 24, '13 at 1:50pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,610 posts

Could you define 'large weapons', and clarify what you mean? also, if needs be it can be shortened. the way i'm reading that is I can't dual-wield swords but can dual-wield knives and daggers.

Sure. Okay, look at it like this. You only have two hands, so you can only equip two things

For the five tiers:
Knights-Juggernauts get swords and shields.
Warriors-Barbarians get two of anything. War hammers, swords, axes, whatever.
Rangers-Archers get bows (since bows require two hands). I'm adding a bow that has a bayonet on the front.
Thieves-Assassins get knives, daggers and short swords (for one hand) and a Throwing Knife (there will be quite a few. They get cooler as you level up).
Mages-Summoners get a staff and a Book (one for offense, one for defense. They can switch between them instantly).

Make sense? You can wield anything shorter than a sword. Broadswords, axes, pikes and hammers are out of your league. But, of course, you can poison any bladed weapons. Also, (spoiler alert), you may encounter a set of weapons that can replace your dagger snd throwing knife. Do you know what Chakrams are?....

Posted Feb 24, '13 at 3:11pm

sonicheroes95

sonicheroes95

14,072 posts

Thieves-Assassins get knives, daggers and short swords (for one hand) and a Throwing Knife (there will be quite a few. They get cooler as you level up).

Wouldn't 'True Light's Flight' be a short sword then? and I am aware of what Chakrams are, and that sounds like fun.

Posted Feb 24, '13 at 3:56pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,610 posts

A Keyblade is a short one-hand weapon, so you will have no trouble wielding it.

I think everybody has checked in. I'm hoping EPIC will say something here before I start the game. Either way, I'm starting it tomorrow afternoon. I have to update the store, think of some monsters to fight in each area and write the story and rules.

Guys, make sure you read the rules, and the class sheets and descriptions, before you start. Hopefully everyone will get their sheet right first try. Also, again, I'm not making any changes to classes once it has started.

Posted Feb 25, '13 at 3:38pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,610 posts

UPDATE:

I have a massive amount of college homework to do. I won't be able to start today. Sorry guys.

Reply to Matt's Tactical BvB RPG kickstarter discussion

You must be logged in to post a reply!