Forums

ForumsForum Games

Matt's Tactical BvB RPG kickstarter discussion

Posted Feb 19, '13 at 8:18pm

Kylelolcat

Kylelolcat

4,945 posts

Sounds good! Where do you thing we should quest to?

Posted Feb 19, '13 at 8:18pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,610 posts

And you get a locker. You can store items and gear there that can never be stolen. And there are trainers. Fight them and get a new skill. Fight then and make them your ally. Fight them and have them open a door in the castle!

Posted Feb 19, '13 at 8:21pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,610 posts

I need locations. Names. Monsters. Quest ideas.

Make it happen!

Posted Feb 19, '13 at 8:53pm

rick073

rick073

2,868 posts

...Make the castles completely break physics. Make it work the exact opposite way of how you think it's gonna work. For example: there's a chasm you have to cross in order to get a chest. Jumping leads to you falling down the chasm to a cave system with more goodies, while simply stepping off the edge causes earth to form up under your feet, allowing you to cross the chasm and obtain the chest. Make things work the opposite to prior knowledge some times, but make them conform with previous standards other times. Make the player feel like he/she is in a maze, but the walls of the maze are constantly being removed, added, and removed at seemingly random.

Posted Feb 19, '13 at 8:59pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,610 posts

...but it can't be TOO random, because this is a place you live. The Castle is your home. The graves of the Heroes are here. But it has many rooms you've never been inside. Many secrets behind many doors. Words of wisdom written on scrolls around the wall, some of which have never made sense....yet....

Posted Feb 19, '13 at 9:10pm

shadowgun453

shadowgun453

2,827 posts

Let name the first place. which is the 1lv map White Forest. A fairly calm patch of land that is about 1000 square miles in all directions. Monsters found in that location: Wolf Pup 1lv, Earth Golem 2lv, Weak Gargoyle 1lv. That's all I got for now.

Posted Feb 19, '13 at 9:20pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,610 posts

Active Map:
White Forest (L1)

If it's a forest, lets reserve it to natural (or mutated) animals. Wolves, Bears....give me ideas...

Posted Feb 19, '13 at 9:23pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,610 posts

Also, it needs a name.

This is an adventure/fantasy RPG with monsters and weapons and leveling up. It has dungeons and puzzles and traps and secrets. It has locked doors, invisible walls and invisible ink. There are two castles, one for Good and one for Bad. You can return to the castle any time to try exploring it more, but early on you will probably have almost no access to new doors (you have to go kill things first!)

Ok, I'm feeling a lot more excited about this, but I need more ideas, I need more players and, of course, it needs a name.

Posted Feb 19, '13 at 9:41pm

rick073

rick073

2,868 posts

The entire world should be named Terra Novus. I'm honestly looking forward to this if/when it takes off.

Posted Feb 19, '13 at 9:50pm

sonicheroes95

sonicheroes95

14,072 posts

Would it be possible for me to act like a traveler of sorts and enter someone else's castle, instead of living in my own?

Reply to Matt's Tactical BvB RPG kickstarter discussion

You must be logged in to post a reply!