Forums

ForumsForum Games

Matt's Tactical BvB RPG kickstarter discussion

Posted Feb 19, '13 at 9:58pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,511 posts

The entire world should be named Terra Novus. I'm honestly looking forward to this if/when it takes off.

Too similar to Terra Nova. It needs to be more original. Maybe there is no name! Just two castles and infinite possibilities between them.

Would it be possible for me to act like a traveler of sorts and enter someone else's castle, instead of living in my own?

Not this time. You're either from Castle A, with all the cool Castle A stuff, or Castle B, and the two castles don't get along. You can't enter the other castle as of now. You simply adventure and try to solve the mysteries of your own castle.

Note: You can meet and play with characters from the other castle, but partnerships are tricky. If you want to partner, you BOTH have to be checking in frequently. Personally, I think teams make it more fun, but only if the team mates are here often.

More area names. White Forest. Maybe a color and a place, but with the wrong color. Instead of "Blue Lake" it could be the "Red Lake" for the color of the setting sun on it, etc, etc.

Posted Feb 19, '13 at 9:59pm

shadowgun453

shadowgun453

2,827 posts

Okay, name of the game, Terra Novus is okay, but I think we should call it something else, like Legend of [please add something there]. I hit a bit of writer block so please, can some one retype the Legend of and put something to replace the brackets in.

Posted Feb 19, '13 at 10:03pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,511 posts

Okay, name of the game, Terra Novus is okay, but I think we should call it something else, like Legend of [please add something there]. I hit a bit of writer block so please, can some one retype the Legend of and put something to replace the brackets in.

"The Legend of" and "The Story of" are kind of cliche. It's not a legend, it's a place. Personally, I think it should be all about the castles. They're the big factor here. Armor and weapons and dungeons and inventory and monsters are already being used. What makes this one different? The castles.

The Two Castles...?

Posted Feb 19, '13 at 10:06pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,511 posts

However, if a few more like the name "Terra Novus," then I'll name the world "Terra Novus" and it'll be in the intro. This is about what you guys, the players, want. If we get a majority on "Terra Novus" (even though I think it's too close to Terra Nova), I'll do it.

Posted Feb 19, '13 at 10:25pm

Kylelolcat

Kylelolcat

4,945 posts

I like the name. Of course, I have my own naming style with "Title:Subtitle", so I don't reccommend that for fear that this will look like yet another Kylelolcat RPG.

Posted Feb 19, '13 at 10:31pm

gamermartin

gamermartin

317 posts

I also am looking forward to this, okay I think that a good idea was made, maybe the castles aren't our own structures for our offensive/defensive actions. What if,say a king or someone, found the castles but did not get along with the other so now maybe we are freelances or one of the kings workers doing jobs for him. While the castles were discovered not long ago so they still have not been completely explored.

-more feedback, also if this is a no then I have several more ideas and shadowgun, if I had writers block I would die, I love writing stories.

Posted Feb 19, '13 at 10:41pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,511 posts

Post all of your ideas. I'll "meh" the lame/overused/cliche ideas. Haha kidding. Maybe.

I like the name. Of course, I have my own naming style with "Title:Subtitle", so I don't reccommend that for fear that this will look like yet another Kylelolcat RPG.

I'm going to keep most of the style of the first version, but I'm chopping out stuff. I'm going to avoid copying anyone else's style, but if you have a suggestion for a change, you might as well say it now.

I also am looking forward to this, okay I think that a good idea was made, maybe the castles aren't our own structures for our offensive/defensive actions. What if,say a king or someone, found the castles but did not get along with the other so now maybe we are freelances or one of the kings workers doing jobs for him. While the castles were discovered not long ago so they still have not been completely explored.

That's basically what I'm going for. There is no king anymore. The castle is simply the Home of the Heroes now and you are the Heroes. "Freelancing" is a good word for it. The castles are old but strong. For most of your life, you've kept to the closer parts of the castle, but everyone knows that there is much of the castle that remains hidden. No leader, no motive. The Castles are your home base, so to speak. Quests? Maybe. I have done zero research on NPCs.

Posted Feb 19, '13 at 10:54pm

gamermartin

gamermartin

317 posts

- Idea for an NPC

got this from an old legend I heard once, The Legendary Kirin. It is a unicorn like creature with the power to control lightning and can summon storm clouds using its horn. It has a powerful coat of fur and is blue,white, and green. One part of the legend though is that it only strikes down evil people.

This can be used for many things, random boss monster, dungeon monster, guardian of a castle(hint hint, think of possible guardian creatures)

Posted Feb 19, '13 at 10:59pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,511 posts

The GM Sheet: Version 1.0

CASTLE (A? Not yet named):
Defenses:
(crossbows, trebuchets, anything to keep invaders out.)
Ex: Crossbow (L1 for Level 1) [5 for 5 crossbows]
Guardians: Guards that defend your Castle. Default soldiers exist, but you can hire others (maybe)
Ex: Castle Guard (L1) [10, actual number is undecided]
Buildings: Sections of the Castle that have been found and explored (Dungeons and Rooms are not included)
Ex: Medical Bay (Return here to revive all health for one turn) (No level-ups)

Heroes of Castle A:
Your Name
Your Class (to be determined)
Weapon(s)
Armor
Inventory
Biography/Age/Species: N/A. You are all human.

ATTACKED: 0 (number of times your castle has been attacked)
BREACHED: 0 (number of times it has been breached)
STOLEN: 0 (Items that have been stolen from the Castle and moved to the other Castle. A quest could be to retrieve stolen items)

-----------

More examples below

CASTLE (B):
Defenses:
crossbows, trebuchets, anything to keep invaders out.
Ex: Castle Gate (L1 for Level 1) [Only one main gate]
Guardians: Guards that defend your Castle. Default soldiers exist, but you can hire others (maybe), plus fantasy defenders
Ex: War Troll (L1) [2, actual number is undecided]
Buildings: Sections of the Castle that have been found and explored (Dungeons and Rooms are not included)
Ex: Vault (Return here to store/retrieve weapons, armor and inventory) (No level-ups)

Heroes of Castle B:
Your Name
Your Class (to be determined)
Weapon(s)
Armor
Inventory
Biography/Age/Species: N/A. You are all humans on adventures. No veterans, no "child geniuses"
Money/Gold: Undecided. Probably, because that would be the best way to upgrade your castle

ATTACKED:
0 (# of times someone has attacked your castle)
BREACHED: 0 (# of times breached)
STOLEN: 0 (Items that have been stolen from the Castle and moved to the other Castle. A quest could be to retrieve stolen items)

--------------
Battle:

All battle details here. This will be a direct copy of EPIC's version because it was easy to follow.

--------------
Story: (instead of "non-battle stuff")

All non-battle events here. Traveling, healing, exploring, etc.

--------------
Forum:

This is an area to post your BRIEF questions or suggestions, instead of throwing them in with everything else.

END Version 1.0

Posted Feb 19, '13 at 11:03pm

gamermartin

gamermartin

317 posts

Guardians: Guards that defend your Castle. Default soldiers exist, but you can hire others (maybe), plus fantasy defenders

does this mean my idea was okay or was it meh?

Reply to Matt's Tactical BvB RPG kickstarter discussion

You must be logged in to post a reply!