ForumsForum GamesMatt's Tactical BvB RPG kickstarter discussion

129 22636
MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,705 posts

The official discussion thread of a pending sequel to the popular (and closed) RPG "Epic's Tactical Base vs Base Strategy RPG" on what to keep, what to drop, what you want to see more of, etc.

This is a copy of the original sheet. Discussion starts now.

Weather:
Time: Morning, Noon, Afternoon, Night -/4, Day -/-
Temperature:

ACHIEVEMENT-EARNERS

Achievement Point list

Injured Heroes (Lose turns)

Dead Heroes (Dead, awaiting revival)

Undead Heroes (The dead revived)

Necropolis Citadel, Level 1: 100,000 HP
Necropolis Wall, Level 1: 10,000/10,000 HP

Necropolis Heroes

Necropolis Resources:

Necropolis Buildings:

Necropolis Troops
Tier 1

Infantry

Armor

Support

Striker

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-Attacking Forces-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
None at the moment!
_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-Base Dividing Line-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
Anarchist Heroes!

~~~~~~End of Character/Base Sheet~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• 129 Replies
Azywng
Azywng
377 posts

For my starter pack, I want a handgun with ammo.

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,705 posts

As for a ranger, from what I know, they are secretive and have amazing accuracy using a bow, they can hit perfectly from across a town, they are great at tracking and hiding themselves. In one book series I read, the have a massive longbow, and extremely sharp and powerful, long, knife and a throwing knife and a cloak( I think that is what its called) that helps them blend into the area.

Okay, so I'll remove "Archer" from the thief class and create Ranger. That makes more sense anyway.

I am terrible at naming people, also how about monsters like different types of golems (my army was the troops at the base) dark,stone, etc

I'm not entirely sure what a "golem" is. There isn't a standard golem shape, is there?

for my starter pack, I want my reflective armor

I thought you wanted Selphy. One or the other. That's how it is of now, anyway. Can you go without one or the other? I have to make a standard for everyone. Exceptions to the rule are dangerous (as I learned already).
MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,705 posts

For my starter pack, I want a handgun with ammo.

You didn't use a gun in the previous version. Plus, I already went over guns. You really need to go back and read my previous posts on this Thread. There are only seven pages.
Raispeed55
Raispeed55
257 posts

I meant for "Nerite" to be the title of the gold.

I didn't have anything of value in Epic's version, just a rapier...So give me that.

Kylelolcat
Kylelolcat
4,882 posts

Since I didn't have much in my pack, can I keep my B.Sword, Plate Armor and Tower Shield (Maybe not with the craptastic prefixes...) and finish my fight with Panther so I can get him as a companion? It could be that I try to return with him to the base so we can get medical attention and we find a castle instead...where we can get medical attention.

rick073
rick073
2,848 posts

Can there be a new class called Juggernaut? Extremely thick armor, but really really slow due to having cast-iron plates strapped to your body. And a big shield.

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,705 posts

I meant for "Nerite" to be the title of the gold.

I didn't have anything of value in Epic's version, just a rapier...So give me that.

OHHH a name for currency. Hah I missed that completely. So, one Nerite, two Nerites? Neries? Neros?

Also, were you leveled up at all? If you had a high level, you may want to keep that for future weapons.

Since I didn't have much in my pack, can I keep my B.Sword, Plate Armor and Tower Shield (Maybe not with the craptastic prefixes...) and finish my fight with Panther so I can get him as a companion? It could be that I try to return with him to the base so we can get medical attention and we find a castle instead...where we can get medical attention.

EHHH. I'm having trouble with deciding on Starter Packs for everyone. I can't just give you everything, that wouldn't be fair to new players. I posted the current idea at the bottom of the last GM sheet update, V 1.2 (previous page). Yeah, I know you guys want to keep everything, but some of you didn't get much, so it wouldn't be as fair.

Can there be a new class called Juggernaut? Extremely thick armor, but really really slow due to having cast-iron plates strapped to your body. And a big shield.

Sounds kind of like a Soldier, but I'll add it to the list. This will be the giant axe or hammer guy, then?

I'll release a 1.3 tomorrow.
Kylelolcat
Kylelolcat
4,882 posts

Well, if I don't get all my old equipment, what will I get? Those are some pretty basic equips.

Or were you talking about Panther?

shadowgun453
shadowgun453
2,550 posts

Paladins are like knight, but they can use light magic. They wear heavy armor, a power sword, usually a B.Sword, a kite or tower shield, and they wear capes.

That is going to be my class, but if you don't included it I'll be a knight then.

rick073
rick073
2,848 posts

My idea for the Juggernaut was to have him using a tower shield as his weapon, running at full speed into the enemy ranks using the momentum he built up to carry him along. Nearly unstoppable because cast-iron plates, but tires very quickly.

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,705 posts

Well, if I don't get all my old equipment, what will I get? Those are some pretty basic equips.

Or were you talking about Panther?

Honestly, I'm still not sure. I'm going to make the Panther a trainer in the castle probably. As of now, pleeeeease do me a huge favor and comment on the Castle and Class elements of the GM Sheet, because they're going to affect everyone. I will get to the Starter Packs once that's done.

Paladin will now be a class.

Rick, read shadowgun's post. It sounds like a Juggernaut is about the same as a Paladin. Does that work for you?
rick073
rick073
2,848 posts

I guess that works for me. So, I guess I'll end up being a paladin once the game starts?

gamermartin
gamermartin
317 posts

I pick selphy

I think the basic shape for a golem is a bulky, giant human. They are usually made of different stuff like stone,water,etc.
How would someone get castle defenses and how would they work?
Also, How would castle breaches work, if everything is in the vault where it can't be stolen, what would be left to take

Kylelolcat
Kylelolcat
4,882 posts

No comments on the castle part, looks good so far.

As for the class part, maybe we can have some very basic classes like Mage, Warrior, Ranger, Ect., but you can graduate into a prestige class at some level or another.

Examples:

Warrior: Barbarian, Warmonger
Knight: Paladin, Lord
Ranger: Arcane Archer, Sharpshooter
Thief: Assassin, Master Thief
Mage: Warmage, Archmage

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,705 posts

I guess that works for me. So, I guess I'll end up being a paladin once the game starts?

I just finished the class sheets! Five classes, but each has two titles to make it more fun.

I pick selphy

You got it.

I think the basic shape for a golem is a bulky, giant human. They are usually made of different stuff like stone,water,etc.

Works for me. Elemental Golems will appear in-game.

How would someone get castle defenses and how would they work?
Also, How would castle breaches work, if everything is in the vault where it can't be stolen, what would be left to take?

Castle Defenses are to be purchased at the store that I FINALLY FINISHED. Castle Breaches and stolen items...I'm not quite sure. I'm thinking that each castle has a "Treasure Hall" that can be robbed of random items. I'm not sure how it affects the players yet, but it will. Besides, you will earn EXP for castle upgrades.

Version 1.3 is coming up, AND a class sheet, AND the store! It is a good day!
Showing 61-75 of 129