ForumsForum GamesMatt's Tactical BvB RPG kickstarter discussion

129 22643
MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,705 posts

The official discussion thread of a pending sequel to the popular (and closed) RPG "Epic's Tactical Base vs Base Strategy RPG" on what to keep, what to drop, what you want to see more of, etc.

This is a copy of the original sheet. Discussion starts now.

Weather:
Time: Morning, Noon, Afternoon, Night -/4, Day -/-
Temperature:

ACHIEVEMENT-EARNERS

Achievement Point list

Injured Heroes (Lose turns)

Dead Heroes (Dead, awaiting revival)

Undead Heroes (The dead revived)

Necropolis Citadel, Level 1: 100,000 HP
Necropolis Wall, Level 1: 10,000/10,000 HP

Necropolis Heroes

Necropolis Resources:

Necropolis Buildings:

Necropolis Troops
Tier 1

Infantry

Armor

Support

Striker

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-Attacking Forces-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
None at the moment!
_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-Base Dividing Line-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
Anarchist Heroes!

~~~~~~End of Character/Base Sheet~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• 129 Replies
MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,705 posts

-GM Sheet Version 1.3-

New features â" Castle Elements have been moved around. Number of Default defenses has been lowered. Respawning is official (if you die, you respawn in the Castle or in the beginning of the Dungeon. No penalties for first death. Possible penalty is mild Gold loss). Medical Bay is now called Hospital. Great Hall, Hospital and Vault can be upgraded (once). Castle Store is available with âTrading Binâ section (probably my favorite new feature)!

Day: 1
Weather: (Clear, Cloudy, Light Rain, etc)
Time: Day 1/4 (Day or Night out of 4. More monsters and random encounters at night)

CASTLE-KINGDOM:

Defenses: Crossbows, trebuchets, anything to keep invaders out.

Castle Wall (L1)
Castle Gate (L1)
Giant Crossbow (L1) [5]
Guardians: Guards to defend your Castle. Default soldiers exist, you must find Legendary
Castle Guards (L1) [10]
Castle Knights (L1) [10]
Legendary: None
Buildings: Free-access areas. Dungeons, Mini-Dungeons and Hidden Rooms are not included.
Great Hall I (Many locked doors are here. Can be upgraded)
Hospital (Return to regain all HP/MP for one turn. Can be upgraded)
Vault (Holds 10 items per player. Can be upgraded)
Castle Store
Battlements (L1)
Barracks (L1)
Training Hall (L1) (level up to unlock more trainers/NPC backups)

Heroes of the Kingdom:
Name: Name, HP, MP
Class: Class, Level, EXP (-/-)
Weapon(s): Offensive and Defensive.
Armor: Helmets, Chest Armor, Gauntlets, etc.
Inventory: (-/10), Gold (0)
(Biography/Age/Species: N/A. You are all human. No veterans, no "child geniuses")

ATTACKED: 0 (number of times your castle has been attacked)
BREACHED: 0 (number of times it has been breached)
STOLEN: 0 (Items that have been stolen from the Castle and moved to the other Castle. A quest could be to retrieve stolen items)

-----------

CASTLE-ANARCHY:

Defenses: Crossbows, trebuchets, anything to keep invaders out.

Castle Wall (L1)
Castle Gate (L1)
Giant Crossbow (L1) [5]
Guardians: Guards to defend your Castle. Default soldiers exist, you must find Legendary
Castle Guards (L1) [10]
Castle Knights (L1) [10]
Legendary: None
Buildings: Free-access areas. Dungeons, Mini-Dungeons and Hidden Rooms are not included
Great Hall I (Many locked doors are here. Can be upgraded)
Hospital (Return to regain all HP/MP for one turn. Can be upgraded)
Vault (Holds 10 items per player. Can be upgraded)
Castle Store
Battlements (L1)
Barracks (L1)
Training Hall (L1) (level up to unlock more trainers/NPC backups)

Heroes of the Anarchy:
Name: Name, HP, MP
Class: Class, Level, EXP (-/-)
Weapon(s): Offensive and Defensive.
Armor: Helmets, Chest Armor, Gauntlets, etc.
Inventory: (-/10), Gold (0)
(Biography/Age/Species: N/A. You are all humans. No veterans, no "child geniuses")

ATTACKED: 0 (number of times someone has attacked your castle)
BREACHED: 0 (number of times breached)
STOLEN: 0 (Items that have been stolen from the Castle and moved to the other Castle. A quest could be to retrieve stolen items)
White Forest (L1), Towns: 1

-----------------
Battle:
All battle details here. This will be a direct copy of EPIC's version because it was easy to follow.
--------------
Story:
All non-battle events here. Traveling, healing, exploring, etc.
--------------
Support:
This is an area to post your BRIEF questions or suggestions, instead of throwing them in with everything else.

END Version 1.3 GM Sheet

Still working on prices. Donât worry, I will make them reasonable. Also, you will gain EXP by buying Castle Elements.

WHAT I NEED:
-Locations! We only have one! I need at least one more Level 1 location and three other ones (I want five locations total. More will be added as players progress and find maps or explore).
-Cool Legendary weapons, creatures, etc. You will encounter Legendary things throughout the game. I need idea now so I can have them ready to go once you start hitting Dungeons.
-Approval! I need to know what you think of the GM Sheet. When we have a majority of players that are satisfied, I will start the game. This is your chance to make any suggestions. NO MAJOR CHANGES once the game is started.

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,705 posts

-Class Sheet-

Knight-Paladin: A standard class for sword-and-shield heroes. Good balance of essentials.
Broadswords, Shields, Heavy Armor.
Medium HP. Medium MP.
Extreme defense.
Bonus: Can survive a lethal blow to retain 1 HP

Warrior-Barbarian: Pick up the biggest thing you can find and crush everything with it.
Axe/Hammer, Shields, No armor.
High HP. Low MP.
Extreme offense.
Bonus: Can dual-wield by replacing a shield with a melee weapon.

Ranger-Archer: The elf-style class of long-range arrow attacks.
Bows, No Shields, Light Armor.
Medium HP. Medium MP
Extreme accuracy.
Bonus: Increased instinct can detect secrets and hidden rooms.

Thief-Assassin: Hide in the shadows and stab things in the back. The âsneakyâ class.
Knives/Daggers, No Shields, Light armor.
Low HP. Low MP.
Extremely agility.
Bonus: Can add poison damage to any weapon.

Mage-Summoner: The traditional mage-style class. Set things on fire. Wear robes.
Offensive ranged attacks, Defensive ranged attacks, No Armor.
Medium HP. High MP
Extreme speed.
Bonus: Can summon defeated enemies to help in combat on or below your level.

-------------------------------

-The Castle Store-
~CASTLE STORE~
Heroes:
Weapons
Armor
Inventory
-Legendary Capture Orb (50G): When a Legendary/Boss reaches 500 HP, use this Orb to capture them to be a Castle Guardian!
Castle- Buildings:
Great Hall II (More locked doors to open)
Large Hospital (Can buy health potions and increased HP)
Large Vault (Unlimited storage per player)
Battlements (L2)
Barracks (L2)
Training Hall (L2)
Observatory
Library
Watchtower
Castle- Defense:
Castle Wall (L2)
Castle Gate (L2)
Giant Crossbows (L2) [2]
Rock Throwers (L1) [2]
Castle- Guardians:
Castle Archers (L1) [10]
Castle Guards (L2) [5]
Castle Knights (L2) [5]
Legendary: 0
Trading Bin: AWESOME FEATURE OF AWESOMENESS
Instead of selling items to the store for Gold, you will sell them to the Trading Bin for Gold. Once there, they will be offered for sale to ANY other players (for a set price), including yourself if you want to go buy it back!! Limit is 10 items. Once it is reached, all items (regardless of value) will be removed (to keep people from using it as a Vault).
(0/10)

rick073
rick073
2,848 posts

I actually like Kyle's idea of the class progression. You start out as a generic class that does everything kinda below average, then you build your skills and go down a specific path that does a couple of things really well, and does everything else kinda below average. I would like that to be a thing, if it's possible.

shadowgun453
shadowgun453
2,550 posts

Well, Juggernaut's are totally different from paladins, for one the paladins armor is the same type of armor as knight, two despite the weight they are quick on there feet while Juggernaut's are (from rick description) build more like the Colossus of Roads.

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,705 posts

So nobody was impressed by all that? The store? Trading Bin? Yeah, okay, I see how it is...

I actually like Kyle's idea of the class progression. You start out as a generic class that does everything kinda below average, then you build your skills and go down a specific path that does a couple of things really well, and does everything else kinda below average. I would like that to be a thing, if it's possible.

Well, each class has two titles. I'm thinking there may be a way to give them unique qualities. You have to consider, though, that you don't have a "Skill Tree" or anything. I can add a "Skill" category, though. Each class gets the current bonus feature, plus another skill...? I can only make it so diverse, though.

Well, Juggernaut's are totally different from paladins, for one the paladins armor is the same type of armor as knight, two despite the weight they are quick on there feet while Juggernaut's are (from rick description) build more like the Colossus of Roads.

Right now it's set at "Knight-Paladin." Can I set it so that the Knight has the Paladin qualities (armor and relative speed) and the Juggernaut be the Paladin (extra thick armor and shields, low speed)?

Generally a kingdom-style game needs a "Knight" class. I can change it to "Knight-Juggernaut," but someone else wants a Paladin and someone already said a Knight and a Paladin were totally different. A Juggernaut would fit in the same Tier as a Knight and a Paladin (as compared to the other four tiers), and, as of now, I have a class for:
Good armor, medium health, normal speed (Knight)
Thick armor, high health, slow speed (Paladin)

or that's how they will end up as.
MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,705 posts

Here's an idea for the Tiers:
Each of the five Tiers has its own set of basic elements (as listed). The first of each Tier (Knight, Warrior, Ranger, Thief, Mage) become progressively stronger in all areas. The second of each Tier (Paladin, Barbarian, Archer, Assassin, Summoner) have a specific Skill that consistently increases, but they risk losing other elements.
DEFENSE: Paladin: More armor and HP, less speed
OFFENSE: Barbarian: More strength and bigger weapons, less armor
ACCURACY: Archer: Longer distances of attack and precision, less strength
DAMAGE: Assassin: More powerful close-range attacks, less HP
MP: Summoner: Summon allies for attack and defense, less attack.

Kylelolcat
Kylelolcat
4,882 posts

I like it! I was going for more of the DnD Prestige mechanic, but this is good.

sonicheroes95
sonicheroes95
13,881 posts

Assassin sounds like it'd be my kind of thing. especially if they learn some evasion moves.

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,705 posts

I like it! I was going for more of the DnD Prestige mechanic, but this is good.

Good! Initial class loadouts are coming up.

Assassin sounds like it'd be my kind of thing. especially if they learn some evasion moves.

That's one of the best parts of being an assassin: epic kills. Look forward to some good finishing moves.
gamermartin
gamermartin
317 posts

I think the trading bin is a good idea, so you must sell to that or can you sell to the store, and if you can sell to the store, you should make the bin give more money so nobody sells only to the store. If it were me, I wouldn't let the enemy have my weapons without me getting something good.The store looks good so far.

As for the classes, how would summoner work, could they make several amounts of allies or do they have a limit, and how would you regain health and MP. They can make allies, but what kind of allies, like skeleton warriors
or could they make ranged allies or allies that help them recover.

As for the the breaches, would you need something to destroy the wall, im sure a person cant take down a stone wall with their hands only. If you do get in, are there certain places you can go to or are some places blocked like the store or the armory?

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,705 posts

I think the trading bin is a good idea, so you must sell to that or can you sell to the store, and if you can sell to the store, you should make the bin give more money so nobody sells only to the store. If it were me, I wouldn't let the enemy have my weapons without me getting something good.The store looks good so far.

You sell to the store for gold, but instead of the item just disappearing from existance, it goes to the Trading Bin so other players (from your Castle) can buy it. Regardless, you get paid. Anyone can come buy it later (for a higher price), including you.

As for the classes, how would summoner work, could they make several amounts of allies or do they have a limit, and how would you regain health and MP. They can make allies, but what kind of allies, like skeleton warriors
or could they make ranged allies or allies that help them recover.

You're not going to start summoning things right away. As of now, you summon enemies that you have defeated. Go to the forest, kill a L1 Wolf. When you fight the next Wolf, you can summmon an L1 Wolf to help for that battle. I haven't gone far with the summoning element yet, don't rush it. MP regenerates after every fight (or when you return to the Hospital), HP does the same, but also regenerates every day.

As for the the breaches, would you need something to destroy the wall, im sure a person cant take down a stone wall with their hands only. If you do get in, are there certain places you can go to or are some places blocked like the store or the armory?

The Wall can't really get destroyed. You upgrade the Wall to add more defenses and the Gate to keep enemies out. I haven't figured out what invaders would steal, I think there may be a Treasure Hall that has stealable items, but then you guys would want them, etc.

I think I'm going to ignore the Defenses and Guardians aspect right now. It'll get introduced once this thing actually takes off. Upgrade the Buildings sections (Battlements, Barracks, Training Hall) and Great Hall, Hospital and Vault for more immediate results (See the Store for details). But first you have to go kill some things.
shadowgun453
shadowgun453
2,550 posts

Um okay, let me be a little bit more clear by "same armor as knight's" Paladins wear the same armor type as knight, the only difference is they can use magic and unlike Juggernaut, they can't use Shield Bash, they only use there shield for defense, not offense.

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,705 posts

Um okay, let me be a little bit more clear by "same armor as knight's" Paladins wear the same armor type as knight, the only difference is they can use magic and unlike Juggernaut, they can't use Shield Bash, they only use there shield for defense, not offense.

Okay...So should I just remove Paladin? Knight and Juggernaut? The Knight will have MP and can use his shield as a weapon anyway. I'm not making three different versions of the same class.

If there are no objections, I will replace Paladin with Juggernaut.
rick073
rick073
2,848 posts

I would honestly like to be a pure infiltration/sabotage class once the game begins. I'm not one for elaborate stealth kills, I'm one to get in, mess up someone's defenses, and let someone else do the killing. I believe that would be something that would branch from the assassin.

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,705 posts

I would honestly like to be a pure infiltration/sabotage class once the game begins. I'm not one for elaborate stealth kills, I'm one to get in, mess up someone's defenses, and let someone else do the killing. I believe that would be something that would branch from the assassin.

How are you going to adventure if you don't fight anyone? You would just be giving other people EXP and bonuses. How can I reward you for messing up defenses without actually doing any fighting? This is about dungeons and puzzles and monsters. Turn-based combat. There aren't really any "defenses" to mess up.
Showing 76-90 of 129