ForumsGames[Locked] GemCraft: Chasing Shadows

148 91259
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

For those of you who are GemCraft lovers, news about the latest version...

GemCraft Chapter 2: Chasing Shadows

• 148 Replies
bendenny
bendenny
5 posts
Blacksmith

Let me put it another way....when my kids start whining like they deserve or are entitled to something, I intentionally deny it to them. Like candy at the grocery store, or a toy just because we happen to be in Target. GameInABottle could do the same, and decide at any time that he doesn't want to release this game at all (assuming there aren't existing contracts with AG, but that's besides the point). And no one could say or do anything to make him release it. It's his game, and he'll release it when it's ready....and not when users whine that they're feeling "cheated" because they have to wait a bit longer for a FREE game. Seeing those posts make me feel ill.

If I say, "hey, don't pick up dinner. I'll get it. I'll get it on my way home, don't worry. I'm doing this to be nice to you." and then I don't, so you have to eat PB&J for dinner, did I do a ******y thing? Even though I never had to get dinner in the first place? Yes, because I gave you a set expectation and then didn't fulfill it and by doing so inconvenienced you.

You know the way around that, if I don't intend on getting dinner? I just don't promise to do that, and I especially don't keep promising to get it again and again and then never coming through with it.

He's releasing an ad-supported game that requests additional funding. If we don't play, he makes no money; if we do, he doesn't. That's a customer/producer relationship like any other - like television, like authorship of books.

Do we "deserve" this game? No, but he also doesn't "deserve" our support and the revenue he gets from patronage of his products. I'm not pissed, really, but I certainly am not in a place where I feel all warm and fuzzy enough to give him five bucks of support like I did on the last one. He's hemorrhaging goodwill at this point, and that's the issue here.
the_stig
the_stig
5 posts
Shepherd

No date was given... at least from AGs side.

Well, to be honest, on Marc 25 Tasselfoot (who looks like an admin to me) wrote:

We still don't have a hard release date yet, as the game isn't 100% sexy and ready to release. Peter is working as fast as he can to get the final touches done. The plan, as of now, is to release either this Friday or Monday.

This looks much like a couple dates to me. And then there are the posts from GameInABottle's blog, stating that it was due last week. Then, just silence.

Anyway, we can't do anything but wait, so we'll wait.

On my side I'm just feeling a bit disappointed, or more like on the wrong side of a joke, that's all.
peloxi
peloxi
2 posts
Peasant

I voted Gemcraft in Greenlight, I regret about that. I'm disappointed with lies and delays.
I'm tired to visit all days his website (gameinabottle) and 0 news about a new release date, only that he is happy about gemcraft has been Greenlit. It seems that developer doesn't care about users...

I'm sad and angry

Catharsis51
Catharsis51
10 posts
Nomad

bendenny is right.

I don't know who is he to totally ignore the question of all his fanbase, armor games theyselves answers to us, but not him.

And please, stop to say : "you deserve nothing", or "it's just game, stop whining and be patient"

i think we was very very patient since he did the first annoucement of release date.

when indie or studio do bad things, push the release or doesn't annoucement or never give news of their games after tease them one milliosn times by attractive video/screens, fanbase is angry, it's totally normal cause they upset, and it's justified.

"You see the marshmallow dude? you see it? hahaaaaaa next time maybe....hooo hey guy, you see the marshmallow? hohooooooo maybe tomorrow bi***!! come tomorrow i will give you! i promise! HAHAAAAA I PISS YOU OFF, come back tomorrow baby!!!"

it's exactly what he does. Stop to do the good fanboy/lovers, and be realist. He disrepect us.

it's the last post i'll write, so now, be okay or not. don't care, but i begin to be mad to see posts like Madwarrior, yes we have life, yes we can do another things and play another games, it's just for the principe... it's just pathetic.

LightWarriorK
LightWarriorK
48 posts
Shepherd

"You see the marshmallow dude? you see it? hahaaaaaa next time maybe....hooo hey guy, you see the marshmallow? hohooooooo maybe tomorrow bi***!! come tomorrow i will give you! i promise! HAHAAAAA I PISS YOU OFF, come back tomorrow baby!!!"

it's exactly what he does. Stop to do the good fanboy/lovers, and be realist. He disrepect us.

If you actually think that's what is going on, then I pity you.
PastorRob
PastorRob
2 posts
Nomad

Has anyone perhaps thought that having the game Greenlit might change some of the requirements and structuring of the game?

Right after the greenlight and the game was almost ready we have new delays. They were expected to me, along with the greenlight. I'd be a bit puzzled if a greenlight changed what features could or could not be in the F2P version.

TwistedPxl
TwistedPxl
6 posts
Bard

Recently today Quests for the game were released. They don't go to any game but it said Release Date March 25 2014. Not sure why they would release Quests for a game that is not even online yet.

Kinda pointless in my opinion, but maybe soon there will be news about it.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

If anybody would like to give me any feedback on the game, please me at Ferret@ArmorGames.com and provide your Armor Games username.

Graum
Graum
6 posts
Scribe

id give feedback if i could play it.

drbln
drbln
2 posts
Peasant

Well,

I'd give a feedback if I could plat the game

LightWarriorK
LightWarriorK
48 posts
Shepherd

Has anyone perhaps thought that having the game Greenlit might change some of the requirements and structuring of the game?

GameInABottle said they'd work on getting it ready for Steam AFTER they bug fix and fine-tune the flash version, so I wouldn't say that's the case. It will likely take a lot longer to get the Steam version ready; they wouldn't hold it up for that.

Recently today Quests for the game were released. They don't go to any game but it said Release Date March 25 2014. Not sure why they would release Quests for a game that is not even online yet.

Kinda pointless in my opinion, but maybe soon there will be news about it.

That's actually extremely encouraging to me. For one, it means that when the game does hit, we can get quests without waiting....AG is being proactive. And secondly, with the Quests coming today as opposed to a few days ago, the game is likely closer than ever to launch.
Catharsis51
Catharsis51
10 posts
Nomad

lightwarrior, the man who have more love and compassion to give than the world

mnhg
mnhg
1 posts
Nomad

I just can recommend "Software Estimation: Demystifying the Black Art." to any developer, tech lead or manager that needs to communicate deadlines and estimations to a customer. And if you don't read it, just have at least a look at chapter 2. Also available at e.g. http://blog.codinghorror.com/how-good-an-estimator-are-you/ .

Even "customer" might benefit from taking this test

the_stig
the_stig
5 posts
Shepherd

If anybody would like to give me any feedback on the game, please me at Ferret@ArmorGames.com and provide your Armor Games username.

If this is a joke, it's not funny at all.
danieln92
danieln92
11 posts
Shepherd

As others have noticed, there are quests available for the game already, though its not available for all of us to play. However, I checked the GIAB account here on armorgames and you can see that Peter has apparently been completing quests since the 31st.

This encourages me! It sounds like the game is on the website, but just hidden from the normal user and waiting to be released.

Showing 61-75 of 148