ForumsGames[Locked] GemCraft: Chasing Shadows

148 91260
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

For those of you who are GemCraft lovers, news about the latest version...

GemCraft Chapter 2: Chasing Shadows

• 148 Replies
LooseFuji
LooseFuji
2 posts
Nomad

It's definitely eminent, probably imminent as well ;-).

I'm in the middle about this one... I do believe a few words to the effect of "sorry, another delay" would have been more diplomatic, at least a couple of times by now. Sure, we're not owed anything, but it's a token he could give for clammering fans.

The problem is that it's been 3 weeks since the last proper update, at which time the game was promised at the latest only a few days ago (25th - 30th March). He's not really that late as of right now, but another "unhelpful sorry" would probably have been helpful to a few people here several days ago. Others feel a bit cheated that they've helped Green Light the game, and now that may be adding to the delays.

When all's said and done, it'd doubtful any of these threads will speed up the process at all. It just seems to be a place for people to blow off steam and threaten boycotts. When it's released you'll forget all about it, so chill and find something else to do for a few more days.

bendenny
bendenny
5 posts
Blacksmith

When it's released you'll forget all about it, so chill and find something else to do for a few more days.

Actually when it's released if I play it I'm not supporting it as I did the last version, and I'm not buying the steam version. The tangible result of this for me is that he's managed to work me out of the "enthusiastic supporter" category.
balthasarK
balthasarK
20 posts
Farmer

What I find most ironic in these "braying comments" is that we're talking about a game that actually requires some degree of patience and endurance, even resiliency to complete, which is precisely one of the attractive characteristics of the game.. And yet...^^

LightWarriorK
LightWarriorK
48 posts
Shepherd

It's definitely eminent, probably imminent as well ;-)

Hehe, oops. Thanks, those are easily confused. You're right though, it IS both.

He's not really that late as of right now, but another "unhelpful sorry" would probably have been helpful to a few people here several days ago.

It really wouldn't have done anything though. Those who are saying "why hasn't he said anything?" would just be saying "OMG he delayed again!" They can't win, so it's perfectly understandable why they're saving the next announcement for the release.

Others feel a bit cheated that they've helped Green Light the game, and now that may be adding to the delays.

I don't buy that as a valid excuse to feel "cheated." Clicking to Green Light costs nothing, and it's for a different version of the game. Green Lighting the game as fast as it was helps it come out sooner. If it takes another year for the Steam version, then yes, I could see some folks being a little miffed. If the Green Lighting cost anything to the user, and the game never happened, then they would be cheated. But to say "I clicked that button, now you OWE me.".....that's just ludicrous.

Actually when it's released if I play it I'm not supporting it as I did the last version, and I'm not buying the steam version. The tangible result of this for me is that he's managed to work me out of the "enthusiastic supporter" category.

Well, since historically the population of a games forum is far less than 1% of those who play the game, I doubt you (or any of the gripers) will be missed. Gemcraft Labyrinth had over 32 million plays, and was favorited more than 32 thousand times. I've seen only about a dozen gripers and whiners on here, and if you think your petulant statements are going to magically cause the game to release, you're gravely mistaken.

There's plenty of enthusiasm left without you, I think.
Lotoreo
Lotoreo
14 posts
Nomad

Dear Ferret,

At the point you realize that the game will not be published until Monday, would you be so kind as to give us an update with that info? I could enjoy my weekend much more, without refreshing all the 5 pages that might contain updates every few min..
If that is too much to ask, because you might not be allowed to give such detailed answers, here is a more general question: I guess you are not working on weekends? So there are no game releases (not speaking about a paricular game here ) on weekends?

Catharsis51
Catharsis51
10 posts
Nomad

Lightwarrior, who the hell are you to answer to every ****ing message that dont destinate to you?

every message written for show our disapointement about silence of peter, and his horrible communication, will be answer by you?

Who you are? his father? his brother? Now stop to do his personnal ***-licker and just, please, just shut up, if you are too stupid to see that, without us, Peter would not have the visibility that we give him...

You spend hours of your life to say : He owe you nothing.... Oh yeah? You think so many millions people written "gemcraft" on google, by themselves?

No, we did communication, we talk of this game with friends, by share on twitter, facebook etc etc...

There a ton of indie game maker on internet, on steam, on marketplace, but it's only by word of mouth he have this notoriety, this demonstration of impatience, and to thanks us? to keep a contact with his fanbase? He just shut up.

He whining on his blog, since gemcraft labyrinth about this kind of people who flaming on commentary, but he is the only responsable, by his silence and his poor communication...

everyone know approximative date? No, however, since winter 2013, tons of us wait it with impatience...

now, stop defend him, if he want talk to us, he come here. But i think he no need personnal guard like you here.

Kiss

LightWarriorK
LightWarriorK
48 posts
Shepherd

It's a public forum. I can respond if I want. It you don't want me (or others) to respond, then I suggest you take it to a more private system, like email.

Catharsis51
Catharsis51
10 posts
Nomad

you can answer here, i dont need to have private communication to say what i think

Hanfbaum
Hanfbaum
1 posts
Peasant

First please be reminded that what you are talking about is just a game, good one I hope, but still just a game.
Secondly I think that most things said here are just personal opinions and as such based on information or the lack of it. Lack of information seems to be the problem here. Speculation on when the game is released, why it isn´t already and why we aren´t kept updated may be a way to spend time but sure there are things more fun.
I for an example will check on further information just once a day from now on and spend the time until release happy doing something else because in the end you can´t change reality.

LightWarriorK
LightWarriorK
48 posts
Shepherd

Lightwarrior, who the hell are you to answer to every ****ing message that dont destinate to you?

you can answer here, i dont need to have private communication to say what i think

See, now you're contradicting yourself. Or you're saying I'm welcome to answer, but you're going to swear at me if you don't like what I have to say?

It's obvious you're upset. But taking it out on me isn't going to help you. I'm not defending Peter so much as I am just calling out childish behavior. I want to be playing GemCraft as much as anyone (hence why I'm here so much today), but I also know enough to be patient and understanding enough to keep my cool and to not blame Peter or AG for the delay or even the lack of communication.

The game will come out, sooner rather than later. Patience is a virtue.

spend the time until release happy doing something else because in the end you can´t change reality.

Amen.
Catharsis51
Catharsis51
10 posts
Nomad

so, write me an email if you want

LightWarriorK
LightWarriorK
48 posts
Shepherd

I will do no such thing, as I have nothing to say to you. All I was saying was that if you don't want me responding to comments here, then don't post those comments, because it's a public forum.

Catharsis51
Catharsis51
10 posts
Nomad

sorry i did'nt understand

wanille
wanille
8 posts
Peasant

Okay, thats it, i say: enough!
I dont care this game anymore(free version neither!).
Im disappointing, and im sorry, but i make a decision: i bought creeper world 3.
This game over, before starting for me. Sorry Peter, but now from 3(three!!!) months, after the first release date, what u say. Its a joke...

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

The question somehow always remains...

Would gamers rather have a glitched game, full of bugs, annoyances and improper working features being launched as soon as possible?

Or...

Do they have the patience required to wait for a finished version that is tweaked as much as possible and runs (close to) perfectly?

"Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet."
Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Showing 91-105 of 148