ForumsGames[Locked] GemCraft: Chasing Shadows

148 91261
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

For those of you who are GemCraft lovers, news about the latest version...

GemCraft Chapter 2: Chasing Shadows

• 148 Replies
retrorocket12
retrorocket12
4 posts
Peasant

im sad i was hoping it would be out today so i could play it over the weekend

gyzbug
gyzbug
10 posts
Nomad

So you want us to wait for you to fix the bugs, just so you can release the game full of other bugs that you wont find until it is played by the thousands of players waiting to try it out.

If AAA companies with huge budgets cant get it done for things like Sim City, Diablo 3, Sword of the Stars II, Battlefield, and Rome Total War II. You are saying that after all this it will be 100% without bugs or problems. Some of which when reported will result if changing code you are working on now making everything you are fixing at this point in time pointless because there are tons of more bugs you wont be able to find until it goes live.

So why not put the masses to work fixing it now by playing what is already done?

rickdangerous
rickdangerous
4 posts
Peasant

köszönöm peter, for the work on the game.

voirin
voirin
1 posts
Peasant

Do they have the patience required to wait for a finished version that is tweaked as much as possible and runs (close to) perfectly?

Yeah I want something that's close to perfect and is tweaked to death. I'm willing to wait another 8 months. Hopefully by then I will have forgotten about the game.
gyzbug
gyzbug
10 posts
Nomad

Also if this is the feedback thread, the games need full screen.

Also the abilities you get from the real money purchase in the wizard pouch like chain hit have no information about what they do until you buy them. Pricing on ingame currency need to be shown before the final checkout step to speeding up the process. Cool 17,000 stuff, how much is it? You will find out when we ask for your credit card info to confirm the purchase.

It also seems pointless to have a skill system where not spending points is the best option. Just add the effect of not spending points as its own skill point option.

And a bug I found already is if a tower is placed near a screen edge the shots that fly away from the tower before mowing to attack the monster disappear and dont actually come back on screen. If this is intended, you need to let players know that placing them near an entrance can cause them to be useless.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

The game is now launched.

http://armor.ag/GemCraft2

gyzbug
gyzbug
10 posts
Nomad

Also a monster guide tab would be helpful to know what monster traits/abilities they have and if a talisman fragment is even useful or not. So does +damage to reaver effect them if they are a diffrent kind?

gyzbug
gyzbug
10 posts
Nomad

Also is it correct that the currency you spend to make maps harder to get more XP is a one time purchase that goes away after you clear it? So I farm 100 maps on normal just to play a map on hard once and then have to farm again to try for a better score?

markkrosky
markkrosky
14 posts
Nomad

I don't like the way you have to spend shadow cores to play a map on harder difficulty. To me, one of the main attractions of Gemcraft was replaying maps on various difficulty settings. Does this mean I have to play a map several times on normal just to earn enough shadow cores to play on other settings once?

I'm disappointed the way Gemcraft went the way of making you buy premium currency like other games. I liked the idea of making just one purchase to unlock everything.

Also, if I buy the wizard pouch, can I skip the ads at the beginning? (or add an option for $1 to skip the ads)

InThrees
InThrees
84 posts
Peasant

I've been a fan of the series since the original, and I've bought the premium versions of Chapter 0 and Labyrinth. I'm one of the first people (I might BE the first) to beat all 228 waves on the final level of GC:0 (see the kongregrate thread) with an insane mana farm, a mana pool in the millions, and a gem that did 500k damage in a trap. That was a lot of supergemming.

The thing that I have always been impressed with in the series is how it catered to different play styles. If you just wanted to throw some gems in a tower and play, you could do that if you at least learned a bit about the game. If you really wanted to get busy and build yourself an insane maze with mana farming and supergemming and lots of anger on the waves, you could do that too.

Except.. now it seems you can't. Supergemming doesn't appear to work, manafarming doesn't work because it's not linked to the mana pool level multiplier any more, and we've apparently taken a step backwards with gem colors because you're locked into whatever colors are available at the start of the map now.

I am really disappointed and to be honest, I'm really regretting my kneejerk reaction to immediately buy the premium version. I keep playing hoping one more skill tome will unlock what I need to unlock to turn the game into what I want it to be, but I just don't think it's going to happen.

From technical, polish, and visual perspectives it's a great game. It's smooth, it looks awesome, and it carries the high level of fit and finish that GIaB has been pushing ever higher for years now.

From a gameplay standpoint... not having fun here. I hope I'm in the minority on this, and that most people like it... but I strongly suspect that anyone who would identify as a current or former "hardcore gemcraft player" isn't going to like this release.

h2n2
h2n2
65 posts
Shepherd

^
[quote]Except.. now it seems you can't. Supergemming doesn't appear to work, manafarming doesn't work because it's not linked to the mana pool level multiplier any more, and we've apparently taken a step backwards with gem colors because you're locked into whatever colors are available at the start of the map now.

Havent played much so i cant really express an opinion but if this happens then it seems bad. cant pool like crazy anymore?

InThrees
InThrees
84 posts
Peasant

Maybe at insanely high levels, but from what I've seen, you can't do it to GET to those insanely high levels. In chapter zero I can get a ton of levels quickly, by farming. Here it's just not really possible, and without supergemming doubly so.

tnikolai
tnikolai
1 posts
Peasant

How to get full version if in my country not work pay pal?

RevolutionRaven
RevolutionRaven
3 posts
Nomad

Well, in my opinion Peter should focus on orb fine-tuning. For now bombing your orb with gems is some kind of game exploit. You can fly between levels without placing any gems in towers, maybe one for giants and appearances. This is also a powerful manafarm.

But even with this kind of bug GC2 is 10/10 game

Eccles
Eccles
5 posts
Farmer

Gemcraft Chapter 2: Chasing Shadows won't load. Get black screen with Armor Games at top and Game in a Bottle at bottom - red outline of gem is drawn then it disappears and nothing, waited for 5 mins did not load. Checked Flash Player and it is up to date and enabled. Other games on Armor load OK.

Showing 106-120 of 148