ForumsNewcomers Forum[FAQ] What is a Merit?

44 85932
Gantic
Gantic
11,778 posts

I. What is a merit?
A merit is a reward for writing a very good comment. You can also earn a merit for winning the monthly Poetry Contest or other contests. Merits cannot be traded in for anything. Only Moderators and Administrators can give merits.

II. How do I get a merit?
Merits are given to very good game comments. Very good game comments take time to write, but they do not have to be very long. (Long does not equal good!) These comments are helpful, original, and thoughtful. They have good grammar and are easy to read. They show that you played the game and have ideas on what you liked, did not like, and what could be improved. If a moderator or administrator sees your comment and thinks it deserves a merit, he/she will give your comment a merit. This can take a few minutes to a few years, so be patient! Do not bother moderators and administrators about merits or beg for merits. They may ignore your comment!

III. What is a very good game comment?
Here are some things that make a very good game comment. It is...

Readable. It has good grammar. Your comment does not need big words or long sentences or perfect grammar, but other people should be able to understand what the comment says. If no one knows what the you are saying then it is not very helpful.
Helpful. It has constructive criticism. Your comment says why you liked or did not like the game and what can be improved or removed. If you just say "good" or "bad" or "I liked this" it does not tell the game maker what is good or bad about the game. If you don't say why, your comment is not very thoughtful.
Thoughtful. It shows you really thought about the game. Your ideas about the game go together because you spent time to write a good comment about it. If you only list your ideas about different parts of the game, it does not look very original.
Original. It shows you wrote it yourself. Your comment contains unique ideas. You did not copy someone else's good comment. Your ideas cover important parts of the game and might be comprehensive.
Comprehensive. It shows you played the game. You did not just play for a few minutes and stop. Your comment shows you really know what the game is about and you have ideas about different parts of the game, but you do not have to write about everything. Your comment does not need to be as long as an essay!

You do not need all of these, but you will have a better chance of getting a merit if you do!

IV. How long does it take?
After you post your comment, it can take anywhere from a few seconds to a few years. The moderators take time to read through the comments of new games and old games. They cannot read everything at once. If you keep writing good comments, you may get one. Merits are not guaranteed.

V. What else is there?
Do not worry if your comment does not get a merit. Be patient. These things take time. Do not beg or bother moderators about it. Write good comments! If you want some examples or tips, you can look at the previous SIPPYCUpS to see what other people have written.

Thank you for reading this.

• 44 Replies
Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,302 posts

Who judges whether u get a merit?

Moderators or Administrators. Don't go asking for merits from them, however, as that will likely lower your chance of receiving one.
NismoUG
NismoUG
2 posts

Hellow and welcome to Armor Games drlazai!

smallheadaus
smallheadaus
1 posts

What does merits do

Charlie506
Charlie506
1,313 posts

What does merits do

They are a gift. And they do nothing, not that I would know.
IceClaw247
IceClaw247
860 posts

They are extremely rare and hard to get gifts from the Gods above us.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,995 posts

What does merits do

They used to give you 25 (I believe) AP, but now they are more for show.
carol22
carol22
24 posts

yeah what is a merit?

royalguy
royalguy
149 posts

In a nutshell, Merits. Merit's are given to you from admins and mods. They say that was a good comment/post. I recognize that you are a valuable part of AG. I hope that you will remain active to AG. Your comments, especially this one impress me, and I am giving you a merit. If you see a person with lots of merits it means that that person is very well regarded among the rest of the ArmorGames community. Especially mods/admins. It also means they post good comments.

Charlie506
Charlie506
1,313 posts

yeah what is a merit?

First page.

In a nutshell, Merits. Merit's are given to you from admins and mods. They say that was a good comment/post. I recognize that you are a valuable part of AG. I hope that you will remain active to AG. Your comments, especially this one impress me, and I am giving you a merit. If you see a person with lots of merits it means that that person is very well regarded among the rest of the ArmorGames community. Especially mods/admins. It also means they post good comments.

IT'S NOT A QUESTION.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,995 posts

IT'S NOT A QUESTION.

I believe royalguy was answering carol22
SportShark
SportShark
2,869 posts

I need to sit down sometime and compose a bunch of really nice comments on Microsoft Word. I can then post them all over AG in their appropriate places, and hopefully, I can finally get one of these elusive merits.

gh0sts
gh0sts
877 posts

I need to sit down sometime and compose a bunch of really nice comments on Microsoft Word.

You could also try entering the castle competition. The prize for winning one round is a merit.
devansh_asthana
devansh_asthana
496 posts

Hopefully, I can
finally get one of these elusive merits.

You can also try to draw an armatar in the "Armor Games Armatar Contest".You have your own art thread,right?
=)

CherryCoke360
CherryCoke360
410 posts

You could also try entering the castle competition. The prize for winning one round is a merit.

I will warn you how hard it is to beat Arm_candy and Theoprastus.. but that doesnt mean you shouldnt try.. xp
Showing 31-44 of 44