Forums

ForumsNewcomers Forum

SIPPYCUpS: the comment merit guarantee!

Thread Locked

Posted Mar 4, '13 at 2:58pm

xAyjAy

xAyjAy

4,903 posts

oh, i forgot the comment for the story...well, it is a typical fantasy story, kill a monster that killed one or both of your parents. it works for many fantasy games. also, the creator can expand the story by adding a bigger and/or stronger evil being who plans to destroy the whole world so the hero/s have a new goal.

the gameplay mechanics...you mean the controls of the game?

Posted Mar 4, '13 at 5:47pm

daleks

daleks

3,704 posts

@daleks You're already completed it.

And when I did it I had already gotten a merit so I could not get another one. Is it wrong that I want someone to critique my comment so I know what I can improve? If you really don't want me to do one then I will not.

Posted Mar 5, '13 at 6:36pm

Gantic

Gantic

10,047 posts

@xAyjAy Nevermind about the gameplay mechanics. You had it at the bottom.

@daleks Wait for SIPPYCUpS+.

Posted Mar 6, '13 at 11:32am

xAyjAy

xAyjAy

4,903 posts

Enola Prelude:

Graphics:

The Graphics look good, I can see that the Creator put a lot of Effort into the Details for the Items, Weapons, Monsters and the Backround. Also, the Quality is changeable. I have a good PC but I like to play Games in the lowest Quality because then I get that retro-feeling, even when it is in Pixels.

Music and other Sounds:

The Music fits the Game and makes it more authentic. The Intro is not too long and it explains the Reasons for this Adventure.

Storyline:

A young Hero wants to avenge his dead Father by killing a metall Monster. He uses his Fathers Book to learn new Skills on his Journey and collects Items to create stronger and better Weapons to achieve his Goal. The Adventure of this young Man does not end after he killed the Monster, but that is another Story...

it is a typical fantasy story, kill a monster that killed one or both of your parents. it works for many fantasy games. also, the creator can expand the story by adding a bigger and/or stronger evil being who plans to destroy the whole world so the hero/s have a new goal.

Bugs:

It allways tells me that I have unlocked new Achievements, no matter how often I click on them. And the Weaponsmith says "new" everytime I get new Items. Both should only say "new" when I unlocked new Achievements/Weapons.

The Quality changes sometimes on its own. I want that retro-feeling and not jumpy Quality when I change the Music/Sound!

The Game restarts after I completed it but I have still all my crafted Weapons, the same Level I have at the End and all learned Skills...

Rating:

85/100

The unlockable special Attacks, Spells and Limits Breaks are a nice Touch to the Game. It is an easy, funny and enjoyable Game that can be hard at the boss Fights. The not so good Part of the Game is that you can spam your strongest Attacks/Spells only to continue after you restored your Mana. It would be different when the "Restore Mana" Spell costs the User some Health...

The Outro shows us that we might see a Sequel with three Warriors who fight new Monsters and who rescue the whole World. Maybe this Game will be bigger and longer than this one.

^i added the review for the story, now it looks better. any errors like grammar or so?

Posted Mar 6, '13 at 3:48pm

Gantic

Gantic

10,047 posts

You might want to fix the capitalization in that new section, but you're good to go.

Posted Mar 6, '13 at 4:48pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

I'm in. I shouldn't be that busy this weekend and I'll need something to do.

Reviewing Zombotron... probably.

Posted Mar 7, '13 at 10:04am

StrategicCaptain

StrategicCaptain

407 posts

Is it too late? I'm in if not!

Posted Mar 8, '13 at 10:58pm

Gantic

Gantic

10,047 posts

REPLIES:
@xAyjAY I'm still waiting for you to post your review to the game.
@Salvidian Sources of merits? Or are you ineligible?
@StrategicCaptain There's still time!

ROSTER:
firedog12
HUA7XFan122396
Nerdsoft
R2D21999
Salvidian*
StrategicCaptain
Terry_The_Disco_King
*Ineligible for SIPPYCUpS merit guarantee.

SIPPYCUpS Graduates: xAyjAy???

Posted Mar 8, '13 at 11:05pm

R2D21999

R2D21999

14,756 posts

Knight

Ahhhh! I keep forgetting. I'll get to work right away.

Posted Mar 8, '13 at 11:44pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

I'm ineligible Gantic. I'll get to it right away.