ForumsNewcomers ForumSIPPYCUpS: the comment merit guarantee!

67 9829
Gantic
Gantic
11,779 posts

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/SIPPYCUpS.png

Welcome to SIPPYCUpS, the comment merit guarantee!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/SIPPYCUpSWhat.png
SIPPYCUpS (aka the Self-Improvement Program Promoting Your Comment Upgrade Success) is an introduction to the world of game comment merits. Game comment merits are given to great game reviews, of which you could be one of many writers! SIPPYCUpS will help you on your way to your very first merit. If you want to earn merits, but don't know where to start, SIPPYCUpS is a good place. You write, we review, you learn! When you complete SIPPYCUpS, you will earn your guaranteed merit right away! And you'll also know what it takes it write great game comments and maybe earn more merits on your own. Still not sure? You can check out the previous SIPPYCUpS here.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/SIPPYCUpSJoin.png
It's easy to join SIPPYCUpS! Just sign up in this thread. SIPPYCUpS is available to everyone who has not already completed SIPPYCUpS, but only users with 0 merits before signing up can earn the merit right away after completing SIPPYCUpS.*

*If users have merits from sources other than game comments, they must link to all comments containing the merits. Should that total be equal to the merit count upon enrollment, that user will be eligible for the merit.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/SIPPYCUpSStart.png
Once you are approved for SIPPYCuPS, you are ready to start!
1.) Read Up about merits if you haven't already. Don't worry. It isn't a long read.
2.) Look Up a game you like and play it through. Take notes as you play.
3.) Write Up a review of it. Don't know where to start? We'll help you with that.
4.) Proof Up your review and correct any mistakes. This is an important step.
5.) Post Up your review in this thread. A SIPPYCUpS representative will review your review.

[img=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/SIPPYCUpSGrow.png][/img]
Did you write about what you liked? disliked? or could be improved? Did you explain why? Once your review has been reviewed by a representative of SIPPYCUpS, you can start improving your review by looking at the suggestions. Do you need to work on your grammar? Do you need to add something to your review? Do you need to rewrite for clarity? Learn from these suggestions. Repeat.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/SIPPYCUpSLevel.png
When your final draft has been approved, you have leveled up with SIPPYCUpS! You will be given one final review you can look over for tips on how to write future great game comments. Post your comment to the game and earn your well-deserved merit. You can now use what you learned to write better comments in the future and maybe earn more merits, and you'll know you earned these on your own. You now also qualify for SIPPYCUpS+!

• 67 Replies
Gantic
Gantic
11,779 posts

REPLIES:
@Somewhat49 You can work on an old comment or start a new one. Up to you.

ROSTER:
firedog12
HUA7XFan122396
Nerdsoft
Salvidian*
Somewhat49
StrategicCaptain
Terry_The_Disco_King
*Ineligible for SIPPYCUpS merit guarantee.

SIPPYCUpS Graduates: R2D21999, xAyjAy

K261326
K261326
28 posts

hmm new here so what is this SIPPYCUpS can do for armorgames forum sir?

Gantic
Gantic
11,779 posts

SIPPYCUpS doesn't do anything for the Armor Games forums. SIPPYCUpS is for game comments.

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,632 posts

This is for the game Reachin'Pichin:

Overall: I would recommend this game to a friend who would like a good time waster and a platformer.

Background: I like that the background is kept fairly simple with no moving objects so all the focus is really on the character you control, not anything else. The background is also changing the higher you go, which helps me a lot because then I can use the background to determine how far I am from the ground and after a while of playing you associate the background with certain obstacles you encounter so the background gives you that heads up on what is coming later on.

Plot: I really didn't see much of a plot here other than youâre a Pichin that wants to grow up into a stage III Pichin, also youâre some lab experiment as well but there really isnât much of a progressions when it comes to why youâre there and not growing up in the wild with other Pichinâs. The fact that it doesnât have much of a plot isnât really a bother though, since most flash games have no plot or a very basic plot.

Gameplay: I was quite surprised to like the game so much since it is so simple, you basically press launch, move around using your mouse to guide the Pichin, use your spells to help you along the way and collect coins to further upgrade your Pichin. I was a bit surprised though to find myself keeping the Baby's First Toy spell (it gives you a minor boost upward when casted so you can reach higher locations) since it is the first spell you get and the spell is just a lot better than most, I've gotten past so many blank spots using that when no other spells could really get you as far, so having better progression in spells would have been nice so you have to upgrade to newer spells to be able to progress and feel like you are progressing through more complex and useful spells.
The game needs to be a bit more challenge as well, when you start off you barely get any gp and items because you don't have any speed power ups, but once you get those you start raking in 20k gp a game, at least 1k K and more than enough ores to last you through the whole game. While I have single launches that give me 50 of some ores, the highest number of ores needed for anything is 20 so I could upgrade 2 things fully that require that ore. What I suggest is to have it where the price of items is higher since the insane amount of items there just adds to the excitement while flying.

Upgrades: One thing I really liked about the upgrades is that once you increase Pichin's acceleration or strength or one of the other upgradable stats, you see a definite improvement to your character and will start getting better stuff because of it while in other games you have to upgrade a stat 5 times before you see an improvement. One problem I have with the strength upgrade in the start of the game, those speed breakers were great for slowing yourself down so you could collect those extra coins and be able to see the area that you are in because otherwise everything just becomes a blur, but once your strength is high enough, you go right through them and there's no hope in having them stop you for even a brief second.

Music: I really don't have much to comment on about the music other than if you have a long launch then it will probably get annoying fast since it's a high pitched song and not much variation. The music in the science lab isnât bad though, doesnât bother me but I donât love the music either.

Starting off: The introduction and little tutorial windows in the science lab are great and I wasnât confused an all with what each window is and what each upgrade does so I wouldnât improve that. Only problem I have is the fact that when your Pichin evolves you have no control over what your Pichin evolves into, other than you happen to collect a lot of one ore so it evolves into that category ore because of it, but when youâre collecting the ores you canât really be too picky about when ores youâre going to get.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,188 posts

Am I allowed helping people?

Gantic
Gantic
11,779 posts

REPLiES
@R2D21999 With what?

REViEWS
@Somewhat49 Your Plot and Music sections really don't say much. You can leave them off.

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,632 posts

Guess I'll repost, anything else to change btw?

This is for the game Reachin'Pichin:

Overall: I would recommend this game to a friend who would like a good time waster and a platformer.

Background: I like that the background is kept fairly simple with no moving objects so all the focus is really on the character you control, not anything else. The background is also changing the higher you go, which helps me a lot because then I can use the background to determine how far I am from the ground and after a while of playing you associate the background with certain obstacles you encounter so the background gives you that heads up on what is coming later on.

Gameplay: I was quite surprised to like the game so much since it is so simple, you basically press launch, move around using your mouse to guide the Pichin, use your spells to help you along the way and collect coins to further upgrade your Pichin. I was a bit surprised though to find myself keeping the Baby's First Toy spell (it gives you a minor boost upward when casted so you can reach higher locations) since it is the first spell you get and the spell is just a lot better than most, I've gotten past so many blank spots using that when no other spells could really get you as far, so having better progression in spells would have been nice so you have to upgrade to newer spells to be able to progress and feel like you are progressing through more complex and useful spells.
The game needs to be a bit more challenge as well, when you start off you barely get any gp and items because you don't have any speed power ups, but once you get those you start raking in 20k gp a game, at least 1k K and more than enough ores to last you through the whole game. While I have single launches that give me 50 of some ores, the highest number of ores needed for anything is 20 so I could upgrade 2 things fully that require that ore. What I suggest is to have it where the price of items is higher since the insane amount of items there just adds to the excitement while flying.

Upgrades: One thing I really liked about the upgrades is that once you increase Pichin's acceleration or strength or one of the other upgradable stats, you see a definite improvement to your character and will start getting better stuff because of it while in other games you have to upgrade a stat 5 times before you see an improvement. One problem I have with the strength upgrade in the start of the game, those speed breakers were great for slowing yourself down so you could collect those extra coins and be able to see the area that you are in because otherwise everything just becomes a blur, but once your strength is high enough, you go right through them and there's no hope in having them stop you for even a brief second.

Starting off: The introduction and little tutorial windows in the science lab are great and I wasnât confused an all with what each window is and what each upgrade does so I wouldnât improve that. Only problem I have is the fact that when your Pichin evolves you have no control over what your Pichin evolves into, other than you happen to collect a lot of one ore so it evolves into that category ore because of it, but when youâre collecting the ores you canât really be too picky about when ores youâre going to get.

Gantic
Gantic
11,779 posts

@Somewhat49 Look alright. You might want to move the Starting off to th2 top instead of leaving it at the bottom when you post it.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,188 posts

With... I don't know. Probably suggestions on what should be added and what shouldn't be. Make your job a bit easier.

Gantic
Gantic
11,779 posts

It's not like anyone's been submitting. There's only been three people so far, excluding Salvidian.

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,632 posts

Just wondering, could you post multiple reviews here to get them revised or no?
Not meaning all at once, Im saying could I post another one if I already posted one before.

Gantic
Gantic
11,779 posts

Probably not. I'm likely going to close this thread soon and start up something else.

Gantic
Gantic
11,779 posts

SIPPYCUpS will close tomorrow. Too late? Too bad. You've had enough time.

DwarvenHowitzer
DwarvenHowitzer
1 posts

I want to join SIPPYCUpS. I choose strike force heroes 2.

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,492 posts

I guess this means I have to do the review today. Should I post it in this thread or just go straight for the game comments at this point?

Showing 46-60 of 67