Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Evolution

Posted Apr 25, '13 at 8:49pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,814 posts

Knight

then give me proof that we evolved or that the earth is old enough for us to evolve from little things.

The Evolution Bomb has a new home. This way if anything ever happens to my profile it can still be accessed.
http://mindofmage.blogspot.com/2013/03/evolution-bomb.html

If you have questions to any of the points mentioned in the link, and don't want to do your own google research, ask here and we'll give more details if possible. Don't be shy to ask, we'll be happy to answer.

Yes always happy to educate on the matter. KnightDeclan, I just hope you're open to learning.

Posted Apr 26, '13 at 9:28am

KnightDeclan

KnightDeclan

487 posts

I am open to learning if there's obvious proof. It's a theory, not a fact, so I'm not going to believe it unless you can show me complete proof. Some scientist could've made up some random crap so people would call him a freakin genius.

Posted Apr 26, '13 at 1:24pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,737 posts

Knight

Gravity is only a theory too. Yet we can observe it. Same with evolution. As with gravity, it's as close to a fact as anything scientific will ever get: the concept itself is certainty, the details a little less so.

Let's see.. my and Mage's links gave you quite some bit to read already, but I feel like giving some more general introduction to the concepts; maybe it's easier for you to start from there.

There are some important observations with which we will start:
- Organisms reproduce
- Organisms carry information (genetic code)
- The genetic code gets transmitted from parents to offsprings
- The genetic code recombinates (offsprings inherit random parts from each parent)
- Genes express physical traits (like fur, and length of fur) that are subject to environmental factors (like cold)

Logical conclusion? Since each individual of a population has a unique recombination of different genes, they are more or less subject to different environmental factors than others. So individuals have different chances to survive (it's not necessarily strongly determinant; see it more as a sort of bonus compared to other individuals).

What that means is, certain genes will potentially be inherited more often than others. Tadaa, evolution! Logical conclusion from the simple observation listed above. Evolution is really an inherent factor of life as we know it.

Of course, it's not only a concept, but there is extensive evidence that this concept applies. See the links we gave you before.

Posted Apr 26, '13 at 1:25pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,746 posts

I am open to learning if there's obvious proof. It's a theory, not a fact,

It's both Theory and fact.

Some scientist could've made up some random crap so people would call him a freakin genius.

Science doesn't work like religion, whereby someone says something and others simply blindly believe. The claims evolution makes have been tested and refined over a hundred years and literally 99.99% of the scientific community accepts it.

As I offered to do earlier, pick any of the areas I mentioned and I'll show you how they prove the Theory of Evolution.

Posted Apr 26, '13 at 2:02pm

KnightDeclan

KnightDeclan

487 posts

Actually Kasic, Religion and Science used to go hand-in-hand. Most of the science was started and advanced by the church, as well as music, art, and much mire. Look it up. But because of our corrupt, Godless world today, religion is set apart.

Posted Apr 26, '13 at 2:11pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,746 posts

Actually Kasic, Religion and Science used to go hand-in-hand

Somewhat. Islamic scholars were the forefront of scientific advancement in the past. Christianity didn't do much in that area. Even so, it was only so because everyone was religious back then.

Most of the science was started and advanced by the church, as well as music, art, and much mire

Not by the Christian church. Christianity was and still largely is a suppressing force in the pursuit of knowledge.

I see you have not yet picked one of these areas for me to explain how evolution is proven.

Fossils, Retroviruses, Ring Species, Dating, Bacterial adaptation to antibiotics. Pick any of those and I'll go into detail about how they prove evolution occurred and is still occurring.

Posted Apr 26, '13 at 2:16pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,737 posts

Knight

Most of the science was started and advanced by the church, as well as music, art, and much mire.

Only half true. But no matter. Most prominent examle is certainly Mendel, Augustinian friar, whom we have to thank for the discovery of the genetic mechanics of inheritance, and as such, one of the bases of evolution.

Of course, humanity has used the principles of evolution since thousands of years. Breeding dogs, cattles, differen grain sorts, is all based on evolution.

Posted Apr 26, '13 at 2:18pm

KnightDeclan

KnightDeclan

487 posts

There is no way for them to find out how old anything is exactly. Impossible. At least my theories revolve around a world inhabited my men, not dinosaurs. Also, here [http://www.faithfacts.org/christ-and-the-culture/the-impact-of-christianity]

Posted Apr 26, '13 at 2:23pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,737 posts

Knight

There is no way for them to find out how old anything is exactly. Impossible.

Oh yes? Then what about carbon dating? Biostratigraphy? Molecular clock? We can literally read the time from geological layers:
http://www.pro-bergbau.de/bilder/rwthaachen/schichtenwand1.jpg

Posted Apr 26, '13 at 2:27pm

KnightDeclan

KnightDeclan

487 posts

Those are not reliable. "Oh, this rock is 7000000 years old! I can tell because it the carbon in it is old. Give me an award, I'm smart!"

Reply to Evolution

You must be logged in to post a reply!