ForumsNews and FeedbackPop-ups on Armor Games?! :O

13 5014
Pwngwn
Pwngwn
3 posts
Nomad

I didn't even know they exist anymore. I thought they were completely obsolete.
But when I visited AG today, an unexpected window appeared and told me I was the millionth visitor. Isn't that great?

Seriously, what year is this? 2005? I wouldn't mind travelling back in time but the pop-up part of history should not be repeated.
I really thought they were dead. Maybe some weird sites still had them, but how can a professional website still be keeping pop-ups alive?
Do you really want to keep that cancer alive? You should instead be part of the cure, AG. You should know that Newgrounds removed all pop-ups in 2007.

Perhaps I am overreacting a little and making a big deal out of seeing only one pop-up. But still, I thought you should know if you weren't already aware. Has anyone else seen any pop-ups on this site?

• 13 Replies
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Isn't that great?

OMG did you get your prize??
Seriously, what year is this? 2005?

Internet wasn't even that big in 2005...
Maybe some weird sites still had them, but how can a professional website still be keeping pop-ups alive?

They need the money from them to stay alive themselves.
Do you really want to keep that cancer alive?

If we learned to control it... off topic sorry.
Perhaps I am overreacting a little and making a big deal out of seeing only one pop-up.

Yes.
Has anyone else seen any pop-ups on this site?

Yes. And you hit the little X in the corner and they go away.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I would rather have ads for example on the bottom of the page, than pop-ups.

Most likely though people would pay more to have a popup because they know that a person will see it unlike an ad at the bottom of the page. Plus you will only sometimes get a popup ad.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

But I don't see any ads around the forums.

Spend a moment to look around the forums and you will understand why. The forums, as many of us regulars are aware, are dead. Very little traffic comes through here..so any potential ads would only get limited views.

Plus, with the low activity, it can be fairly assumed that many of us are trying to up the activity...ads would only counter-act these efforts
pax78
pax78
9 posts
Nomad

I get a big Image over the whole Startpage without an opinion to close. I have to deactivate that with firebug to be able to use the page. I will will not accept that any longer and delete your site from my bookmarks if you dont remove that annoying crap imediatly.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I get a big Image over the whole Startpage without an opinion to close. I have to deactivate that with firebug to be able to use the page. I will will not accept that any longer and delete your site from my bookmarks if you dont remove that annoying crap imediatly.

Can you take a screenshot of said image? Because when I go to the homepage I have no such problem..so it sounds like a problem on your end
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I think he's (thread OP) talking about that "Congratulations, you are the 1,000,000 visitor; claim your prize" advertisement popup that has always been around on the website... the advertisement wasn't showing for a while (maybe a year or so), but has returned a month ago or so. It's not that big of a deal you know... close the popup window and 'oof'... it's gone! =)

As for the complete page cover advertisment... that one might be a problem best looked at by an admin. I'll forward it as it seems to be a popup gone berzerk somehow?

pax78
pax78
9 posts
Nomad

Thats my armorgames startpage: http://www.workupload.com/image/3bHYaOp
I think they are a few fries short of a Happy Meal. Im forced to play my mmo here, but i will search an other site for playing flashgames.

pax78
pax78
9 posts
Nomad

http://www.workupload.com/file/3bHYaOp

sorry, direct link dont work

pax78
pax78
9 posts
Nomad

http://www.workupload.com/file/3bHYaOp

pax78
pax78
9 posts
Nomad

Yeah, an edit-button is much harder to code than stupid ads...

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Yeah, an edit-button is much harder to code than stupid ads...

Ya, AG really needs an edit button. I don't know why they don't have one.

So, that is really weird. If you hard refresh the page(F5) does it still come up? Could it possibly be where your mouse is when you load the page? Does it come up like that every time?
pax78
pax78
9 posts
Nomad

Its not every time, but it seems not depend by the mouse-position and pagerefresh dont help.
But i found that google knows a lot pages with the same amount of games

halfinfinity
halfinfinity
3 posts
Peasant

Recently, every time I click in the login box a netflix pop-up comes up. It's very annoying.

Showing 1-13 of 13