ForumsProgramming ForumAnyone Wanna Help me improve my code?

23 14339
cheese123
cheese123
20 posts
Nomad

So I am a newb at flash and you guys seem reasonably nice (compared to some other places)

So I was wandering if you were willing to help. I appreciate the help of anyone but to the experienced programmers - please don't laugh if my code looks stupid.

Anyway thanks for reading.

• 23 Replies
cheese123
cheese123
20 posts
Nomad

Why is more than one frame a bad thing.

weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

I have found in my own writing that it is more organized, which is important if you leave the project for a while and come back to it and realize that it need to be recoded all over again due to the code being jumbled all over the place. Or if you are showing to someone else they can easily find everything

but don't get me wrong I do it too...

cheese123
cheese123
20 posts
Nomad

Ok I thought of how I will do it.

I will insert bolleans into an array, when you an item[s] it makes a bollean[s] true.

When bollean[s] is true, unload item[s]

cheese123
cheese123
20 posts
Nomad

weirdilike, since you helped me, let me help you if you dont know already.

when making your game place it in a movie clip, then you can use the main timeline to program everything in the movie clip, and have 100 frames in the movie clip

weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

yes,and thank you

pirateplatypusgames
pirateplatypusgames
37 posts
Nomad

I will insert bolleans into an array, when you an item[s] it makes a bollean[s] true.

Rather than doing that, you should use a Vector if you know that all of the members of the array are of the same data type. I'm assuming you're using AS3, I don't think that AS2 had the Vector class.

AS3 Livedocs: Vector Class
cheese123
cheese123
20 posts
Nomad

I was using AS2. I think AS2 is outdated though, I think I'll move onto AS3 now.

pirateplatypusgames
pirateplatypusgames
37 posts
Nomad

You definitely should. In fact, I think Adobe recently axed AS2 support from the new versions of the Flash IDE. And AS2 sucks in comparison.

Showing 16-23 of 23