ForumsForum Games

The Two Castles: Matt's Adventure/Strategy RPG

Posted Feb 26, '13 at 5:21pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

6,341 posts

The Two Castles

~The Story~
The story begins with Castle Terrus, the greatest landmark in the world of Terra Novus. The castle itself was over a mile wide and housed thousands upon thousands of citizens. The King was a just and honorable man and ruled his kingdom from his castle in an age of peace that spanned nearly a thousand years. All was quiet and calm. Then, as with all stories, a single man became prideful. He saw that the King was aged and vulnerable. He was living in a generation that had never heard of war, much less seen it. He forced his way to the throne room and demanded the king bow to him. The King drew his sword. Enraged, the man vowed that he would not rest until Terrus had fallen.

The days grew dark after that. Swords were forged. Speeches were given. Hatred and envy grew. The King and the Man built their armies continually. The citizens of Castle Terrus experienced fear for the first time. An era of war and hatred was coming. The King, in his wisdom, knew that he could stop the oncoming war by stopping the Man behind it. He challenged him to a duel on the tallest tower. He accepted at once. When he arrived, the King grabbed him, disarmed him and threw himself, along with the Man, from the tower to their death.

The result was chaos. The armies, both bent on avenging their fallen leader, decimated each other. The mighty Castle Terrus fell. Each side retreated from each other to the edge of Terra Novus. There they decided to build their own castle. One for the Kingdom and the future restoration of peace, and one for Anarchy and the future destruction of peace.

Ages and ages passed, each side building a greater and taller and mightier castle. Each passed to the next generation their quest: to build the castle and fight. However, as the generations passed, that message faded away. Now, the castle residents live as they please, enjoying the freedom from the influence of the other castle. This is where your story begins: in the age of the Two Castles.

~The Rules~
READ THEM

-This is an adventure RPG. You will be fighting monsters, finding chests, solving Dungeons, killing bosses and earning all kinds of epic Legendary gear. It is divided into classes and involves turn-based combat. If thatâs what youâre looking for, this is it.
-No profanity, crude language, lewd comments, etc.
-No spam, trolling, etc.
-No âgod-modding.â You are not a superpowered Destroyer of Worlds. You are a human.
-Use correct grammar and spelling. Donât expect much from me if you donât try.
-This is a level-based game with level-based weapons. You will start at L1, which means all your weapons will be L1. You can ONLY equip weapons/armor at your level. You have a 10-Item inventory to store items until later use, along with a Castle Vault (more on that later)
-No hunger, thirst, stamina or exhaustion stats. Yay!
-Players who played the previous version, âEpicâs Tactical Base vs Base Strategy RPG,â will receive a Starter Pack bonus (more below)

~The Game~
You are a Hero of the Kingdom or a Hero of the Anarchy. Each side has a castle. For a very basic reference, imagine the original Red-vs-Blue âHALOâ map. Neither side has superior elements. Names will be changed on weapons and enemies may be different, but nothing significant.
You are loyal to your Castle and your Castle alone. You cannot defect.
This what you do:
Travel to different locations (on the Active Map) to fight monsters, explore dungeons, etc.
Explore the Castle (your castle is old and full of secrets. Locked doors, hidden rooms, etc).
Upgrade the Castle (to access more rooms and other things)
Buy/Sell at the Castle or at Towns
Be awesome.

~The Game Master~
I am Matt, and I am the GM. I will be controlling the environments, the bosses, the EXP and the dropped items. I will update this game at least once a day. I have added a âMessage Boardâ section to the GM Sheet (it lists all the elements of the game per day) to ask me questions or make suggestions, such as âCan I use this weapon?â or âI think you need more elemental monsters.â If you complain, complain there. If you complain frequently, you will be dealt with. I am, ultimately, the final authority on this game. Donât freak out, I always reply to comments and I will provide hints if you need them.

There will be action, comedy, cut-scenes (for boss kills) and hidden references. I may throw out a âGuess this thing, get 200 EXPâ every so often. You may find shout-outs to movies or video games along the way. If you have a good idea for a new weapon/armor/boss, post it in my âMessage Boardâ section.

~The Sheets~
There are several sheets you will see and you need to understand them. Iâll post all of them right off.

GM Sheet: This gives the day, weather, time, castle stats, character sheets, and several other important elements. Pay attention to this. When it is rainy, you wonât be able to see monsters as quickly. When it is dark, more monsters will spawn. Etc.

Class Sheet: This gives the templates for all classes, along with a description of each.

The Store: All available items, plus prices.

The Starter Packs: Previous players can choose TWO (yes, I changed it to TWO) of the following:
-Your previous Level (to find better weapons and armor and such)!
-Any one weapon or armor item!
-Your previous location (if you were in a dungeon or something)!
-Your companion or pet!
-A 50% Coupon for all (yes, ALL) Castle Store items (the Level limit still applies, donât buy L8 armor if youâre L5)! This is called the â50-POCâ (50 percent off coupon) and it is an Inventory item.

Good News: The Castles will NOT be attacked or breached anytime soon, so don't spend Gold on defeneses. Go adventuring.

Posted Feb 26, '13 at 5:22pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

6,341 posts

Classes Explained:
Each Class has been nailed down. You will choose a Tier (one of the five) and a Class (one of the two names per Tier). The first Class is well-rounded in its style and has a perk of its own. The second Class has a powerful bonus, but has an official âLossâ (aka, weakness).

Select a class and copy it. Put your Armor Games name (or a shortened version of it, in the (Your Name) slot and put your class in the (choose one) slot. If you choose one of the second Classes, add the bonus to your Class sheet (aka, if you pick Juggernaut, copy/past the Knight sheet and add the Steel Knight Helmet (L1) to your Armor slot)

Knights: Since you are well-rounded, you are started with Gold. You have enough to level up any area of the Castle (they all start at 10 Gold) and earn the EXP for it.

Juggernaut: Same, but with more armor and greater defense. You will always move slower than a Knight.

Warriors: You will always have Skin as armor. As you level it up (it levels up when you do), your skin will become more and more tough, to the point that it may be arrow-proof.

Barbarian: Same, but with automatic Dual Wield and greater damage. You will not be able to use MP.

Rangers: You have infinite arrows. Congrats. You can only shoot one at a time, though. You can gain the ability to shoot two later on. Until then, try and find a knife.

Archers: Same, but you start with a Long bow (greater range) and greater accuracy. You will always be weaker than a Ranger (in terms of melee weapons).

Thieves: You can carry two weapons if one is a blade weapon and the other is your big throwing knife. You can retrieve it after a throw. You must tell me if you want to poison your weapons, though (I want to make sure youâre reading this).

Assassins: Same, but you start with the Throwing Knife and greater speed. You will always take more damage than a Thief.

Mages: The Attack Book shows what attacks you can cast and the MP they cost. They are relatively self-explanatory. As you level up, your Attack Book will level up as well. The Defense Book provides protection, also for MP, but you will find or earn it (by leveling up. Itâll show up soon). You cannot summon allies.

Summoners: You will gain the ability to Summon after defeating your first enemy. You will be able to summon it for any battle afterwards, for a certain amount of MP, until the battle is over. You will only be able to summon things that are your level or below it. If you defeat an enemy above your level (excluding bosses), it will Summon at your level. You cannot control Summoned creatures. They will auto-attack and defend and are expendable. Each one cannot be summoned more than once per battle. You will always deal less damage than a Mage.

-Class Description-

Knight-Juggernaut: A standard class for sword-and-shield heroes. Good balance of essentials.
Broadswords, Shields, Heavy Armor.
Medium HP. Medium MP.
Extreme defense.
Bonus: Can survive a lethal blow to retain 1 HP

Warrior-Barbarian: Pick up the biggest thing you can find and crush everything with it.
Axe/Hammer, Shields, No armor.
High HP. Low MP.
Extreme offense.
Bonus: Can dual-wield anything by replacing a shield with a melee weapon.

Ranger-Archer: The elf-style class of long-range arrow attacks.
Bows, No Shields, Light Armor.
Medium HP. Medium MP
Extreme accuracy.
Bonus: Increased instinct can detect secrets and hidden rooms.

Thief-Assassin: Hide in the shadows and stab things in the back. The âsneakyâ class.
Knives/Daggers, No Shields, Light armor.
Low HP. Low MP.
Extremely agility.
Bonus: Can add poison damage to any weapon.

Mage-Summoner: The traditional mage-style class. Set things on fire. Wear robes.
Offensive ranged attacks, Defensive ranged attacks, No Armor.
Medium HP. High MP
Extreme speed.
Bonus: Can summon defeated enemies to help in combat on or below your level.

-------------------------------

-Class Stat Sheet-
(Copy/Paste one of the following, starting with âNameâ and ending with âInventoryâ)

Knight-Juggernaut
Name: (Your Name), 200 HP, 100 MP
Class: (choose one), Level 1, EXP (0/100)
Weapon(s): Straight sword (L1), Knightâs Shield (L1)
Armor: Steel Knight Armor (L1)
Inventory: (0/10), Gold (10)

Juggernaut:
Armor: + Steel Knight Helmet (L1)
Loss: Speed

Warrior-Barbarian
Name: (Your Name), 500 HP, 0 MP
Weapon(s): Combat Axe (L1), Round Shield (L1)
Armor: Skin (L1), Leather vest (L1)
Inventory: (0/10) Gold (0)

Barbarian:
Inventory: War Hatchet (L1)
Loss: MP

Ranger-Archer
Name: (Your Name), 200 HP, 100 MP
Weapon(s): Short bow (L1)
Armor: Hunting jacket (L1)
Inventory: (1/10) Arrows (-/-), Gold (0)

Archer:
Weapon: Long bow (L1)
Loss: Strength

Thief-Assassin
Name: (Your Name), 100 HP, 50 MP
Weapon(s): Curved dagger (L1)
Armor: Stealth Robes (L1)
Inventory: (1/10) Poison Vial, Gold (0)

Assassin:
Weapon: + Throwing Knife (L1)
Loss: Defense

Mage-Summoner
Name: (Your Name), 150 HP, 250 MP
Weapon(s): Mageâs Staff (L1)
Armor: Mageâs Robe (L1)
Inventory: (1/10) Attack Book (L1: Fire [50MP], Lightning [50MP]), Gold (0)

Summoner:
Summondex: (0)
Loss: Damage

Note:
No one is currently able to use MP besides Mages. Warriors-Barbarians canât use MP at all. You will need to find an Attack or Defense Book to start using MP.

Posted Feb 26, '13 at 5:24pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

6,341 posts

-GM Sheet-

Day: 1 (This will record how many days have passed)
Weather: Clear (Weather may change. Keep an eye on it)
Time: Day 1/4 (Day or Night out of 4)

CASTLE-KINGDOM:

Defenses: Crossbows, trebuchets, anything to keep invaders out.

Castle Wall (L1)
Castle Gate (L1)
Giant Crossbow (L1) [5]
Guardians: Guards to defend your Castle. Default soldiers exist, you must find Legendary
Castle Guards (L1) [10]
Castle Knights (L1) [10]
Legendary: None
Buildings: Free-access areas. Dungeons, Mini-Dungeons and Hidden Rooms are not included.
Great Hall I (Many locked doors are here. Can be upgraded)
Hospital (Return to regain all HP/MP in one turn. Can be upgraded)
Vault (Holds 10 items per player. Return to store any items. Can be upgraded)
Castle Store
Battlements (L1)
Barracks (L1)
Training Hall (L1) (level up to unlock more trainers/NPC backups)

Heroes of the Kingdom:
Name: Name, HP, MP
Class: Class, Level, EXP (-/-)
Weapon(s): Offensive and Defensive.
Armor: Helmets, Chest Armor, Gauntlets, etc.
Inventory: (-/10), Gold (0)
(Biography/Age/Species: N/A. You are all human. No veterans, no "child geniuses")

ATTACKED: 0 (number of times your castle has been attacked)
BREACHED: 0 (number of times it has been breached)
STOLEN: 0 (Items that have been stolen from the Castle and moved to the other Castle)

-----------

CASTLE-ANARCHY:

Defenses: Crossbows, trebuchets, anything to keep invaders out.

Castle Wall (L1)
Castle Gate (L1)
Giant Crossbow (L1) [5]
Guardians: Guards to defend your Castle. Default soldiers exist, you must find Legendary
Castle Guards (L1) [10]
Castle Knights (L1) [10]
Legendary: None
Buildings: Free-access areas. Dungeons, Mini-Dungeons and Hidden Rooms are not included
Great Hall I (Many locked doors are here. Can be upgraded)
Hospital (Return to regain all HP/MP in one turn. Can be upgraded)
Vault (Holds 10 items per player. Return to store any items. Can be upgraded)
Castle Store
Battlements (L1)
Barracks (L1)
Training Hall (L1) (level up to unlock more trainers/NPC backups)

Heroes of the Anarchy:
Name: Name, HP, MP
Class: Class, Level, EXP (-/-)
Weapon(s): Offensive and Defensive.
Armor: Helmets, Chest Armor, Gauntlets, etc.
Inventory: (-/10), Gold (0)
(Biography/Age/Species: N/A. You are all humans. No veterans, no "child geniuses")

ATTACKED: 0 (number of times someone has attacked your castle)
BREACHED: 0 (number of times breached)
STOLEN: 0 (Items that have been stolen from the Castle and moved to the other Castle)

Rook Island (L2), Towns: ???
Cavetop Mountain (L2), Towns: ???
Blackwater Bay (L2), Towns: ???
The Valley of Caves (L3), Towns: ???

Only areas that have been discovered appear here. Towns can be explored, but honestly there isnât much to do in a town. You may find specific items being sold there (an Elvish town will have more Ranger-Archer weapons in stock).
-----------------
Battle:

All battles will be recorded here. I will post your stat sheet and your foeâs stat sheet and will list whatever attacks they do.
--------------
Story:

Anything non-battle will be recorded here, which is basically everything in the game. Check here to find out whatâs going on.
--------------
Message Board:

Questions and Suggestions, people.

END GM Sheet

Posted Feb 26, '13 at 5:26pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

6,341 posts

The game finally begins! Huge thanks to all the people who gave me suggestions and advice. HUGE thanks to EPIC for giving me the inspiration to start with. You guys have been very patient with me, and I appreciate it.
Everyone check in. Previous players, you know what to do already. Tell me which TWO Starter Pack options you chose, then add them to your Character sheet. I will make adjustments as needed, but I'm pretty sure you guys can handle it. I will post the first update later tonight.

See you in Terra Novus!

Posted Feb 26, '13 at 5:47pm

Patrick2011

Patrick2011

11,587 posts

Name: Patrick2011, 200 HP, 100 MP
Class: Archer, Level 1, EXP (0/100)
Weapon(s): Long bow (L1)
Armor: Hunting jacket (L1)
Inventory: (1/10) Arrows (-/-), Gold (0)
Loss: Strength

There's my class sheet. A few things:

1) I will choose the Anarchy Castle.

2) What does the (1/10) mean in Inventory?

3) Do I need to do anything with the GM Sheet?

Posted Feb 26, '13 at 5:51pm

theonewhoplays

theonewhoplays

417 posts

Name: Theonewhoplays, 200 HP, 100 MP
Class: Knight, Level 1, EXP (0/100)

I choose the Kingdom

Posted Feb 26, '13 at 6:01pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

6,341 posts

I will frequently update (if only a few have replied) with the @ symbol and your name. Also, do not post anything else until I post the GM Sheet (so I can get everyone's name in at the same time). By the way, there is no "cut-off" date. If you're having fun 20 pages in, tell a friend. They can join.

@Patrick, when I reply I usually shorten names. You will be known as Patrick. Surprise!
1.) I'll add you to that section of the GM Sheet
2.) (1/10) is your Inventory limit. The 1 is your Arrows and the 10 is your limit. It's a fraction. Your Gold is not an inventory item (yay!)
3.) Nope! I will update the GM Sheet at least every page. Every time I do, the Time will count up by one number. Your only job is to check it when it gets posted and make sure your Stat Sheet (what you just posted) is correct.

@Theone, I will add you to that section when I update the GM. I'm going to wait for a bunch of people first.

Posted Feb 26, '13 at 6:18pm

shadowgun453

shadowgun453

2,827 posts

Name: Shadow, 200 HP, 100 MP
Class: Knight ,Level 1, EXP (0/100)

I'm in Anarchy.

Posted Feb 26, '13 at 6:54pm

sonicheroes95

sonicheroes95

14,072 posts

Name: Talow, 100 HP, 50 MP
Class: Assassin, Level 1, EXP (0/100)
Weapon(s): Curved dagger (L1), Throwing knife (L1)
Armor: Stealth Robes (L1)
Inventory: (1/10) Poison Vial, Gold (0)

And a D2 gives me... Kingdom it is.

and I still only want "True Light's Flight", considering the amount of crazy stuff that I can theoritically do with it.

Posted Feb 26, '13 at 7:04pm

Kylelolcat

Kylelolcat

4,945 posts

Knight-Juggernaut
Name: Kylelolcat, 200 HP, 100 MP
Class: Juggernaut, Level 1, EXP (0/100)
Armor: Steel Knight Armor (L1)+Steel Knight's Helmet

I would like to keep my level and...let's go with my Failsword.

Reply to The Two Castles: Matt's Adventure/Strategy RPG

You must be logged in to post a reply!